Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Kid in the Riot

Rugby World Cup 2019

25 minutes ago, Super said:

They topped a group with the Irish in it. They will give SA a game.

They will if they play like they did against us. Rassie has the boks playing really well, proper SA rugby so I expect SA to get through.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

They will if they play like they did against us. Rassie has the boks playing really well, proper SA rugby so I expect SA to get through.

Feels like this is where the WC starts MR. Really excited with all 4 QF's. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Super said:

Feels like this is where the WC starts MR. Really excited with all 4 QF's. 

Me too, Super. This World Cup has been tainted by the cancelled matches but hopefully we'll be able to talk about some great knockout games.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure it was such a good idea to base a night out around the Bristol game on Friday, considering that England kick of at 8:15am on the Saturday... :blink:

Don't bother going to bed, no problem.

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Going to go with Wales v South Africa and England v New Zealand for the semis 

Hard to see beyond that. Quarter final failure for us again. Either Jones or Cheika are going to be seething by Saturday lunchtime so that'll be one crumb of comfort.

25 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Hard to see beyond that. Quarter final failure for us again. Either Jones or Cheika are going to be seething by Saturday lunchtime so that'll be one crumb of comfort.

Japan and Australia are the only threats to that final four imo. I'm afraid I give the Irish very little chance and France not much more against a strong, experienced Welsh team.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Japan and Australia are the only threats to that final four imo. I'm afraid I give the Irish very little chance and France not much more against a strong, experienced Welsh team.

If we were playing the match this time last year I'd say it would almost be a 50/50 but with our form this year I can't see us getting the result. Hard to say what the French will or won't do because they only ended up having one competitive pool game in which they were great for one half and pretty ordinary in the other.

33 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

If we were playing the match this time last year I'd say it would almost be a 50/50 but with our form this year I can't see us getting the result. Hard to say what the French will or won't do because they only ended up having one competitive pool game in which they were great for one half and pretty ordinary in the other.

True. But based on what happened in the Six Nations this year, particularly in Paris, I make Wales quite strong favourites. Will be a tight score but I think Wales have the know-how to make it over the line. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True. But based on what happened in the Six Nations this year, particularly in Paris, I make Wales quite strong favourites. Will be a tight score but I think Wales have the know-how to make it over the line. 

That's true enough. I think the Welsh will win as well but I wouldn't say that there's no case to be made for France. A year ago Argentina would have stuffed them.

Very surprised if New Zealand and South Africa don't contest the final, England tend to "choke" in the big games, Ireland haven't hit the heights and Wales celebrated like they won the thing because they avoided NZ in the semi's..

France and Japan aren't strong enough and to make a semi would be a triumph in itself.

Like others on here I hope there's some great games in the knock out stages.. 

6 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

No George Ford in the starting XV? 🤔

Seems to be something about Ford which Eddie isn't keen on. Still looks a very strong team.

I am sure somebody on here can help, but why are teams announced so early in rugby?

In football, teams are announced an hour before kick-off, allowing managers to disguise their tactics, hide injuries etc., but in rugby the teams and squads are announced days before the match.

Great play that from slade. England soaked up the Aussie pressure superbly and they’re now reaping the rewards

• Like 1

England dominating now, really are starting to look like a potential winner. 

England v NZ will be an awesome match

Get to see, that. England played with discipline, composure, aggression. Australia still don't have a scrum or front row, nothing to compete with the power and ferocity of England. Eddie Jones' team selection spot on. Onwards to the semi finals and rest up. Great work lads!

• Like 1

It’s always great to beat the Aussies and any game and today was awesome from England. Putting 40 points on them is a huge humiliation for the cocky Aussies..............:rofl2br:

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Ireland or NZ?

Got to see the All Blacks as favourites for this, and the whole tournament.

That said, certain chinks in their armour have already been exposed in the group round, but I'd be surprised if we didn't meet them. And that match will decide the eventual Cup winner.

How long shall I leave it until I call the Aussie rugby fanatic I know?  He'll be crying into his beer down the pub now. Maybe leave it a few more seconds....   :devil:

• Haha 1

Anybody else fed up of Sweet Caroline? Or is it just me?!

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Got to see the All Blacks as favourites for this, and the whole tournament.

That said, certain chinks in their armour have already been exposed in the group round, but I'd be surprised if we didn't meet them. And that match will decide the eventual Cup winner.

How long shall I leave it until I call the Aussie rugby fanatic I know?  He'll be crying into his beer down the pub now. Maybe leave it a few more seconds....   :devil:

You havent already called him?

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Anybody else fed up of Sweet Caroline? Or is it just me?!

You havent already called him?

Texted. Of course. But you need a good call for maximum needle. :devil:

• Haha 1

That was awesome but crikey the Irish were beyond hopeless. Sad way for the coach and Best to end.

Can anyone explain a part of the rules to me.  

In the 5th minute an Irish player blocked a pass with his hand and didn’t gather the ball, conceded a penalty for that.  Later in the game, an Irish player was kicking to clear and an All Black blocked the clearance by raising both arms above his head and the ball hit his arm, no penalty.

Is there a difference if you are kicking or throwing?

9 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Can anyone explain a part of the rules to me.  

In the 5th minute an Irish player blocked a pass with his hand and didn’t gather the ball, conceded a penalty for that.  Later in the game, an Irish player was kicking to clear and an All Black blocked the clearance by raising both arms above his head and the ball hit his arm, no penalty.

Is there a difference if you are kicking or throwing?

I didn't watch the game, so didn't see the incident, but, in answer to your question, Yes.

A deliberate knock on results in a penallty, whilst charging down a kick doesn't.

4 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

I'm scared. We need to step up.The French are playing superbly

French always blow up.