IGNORED

Premier League Wages List

RedLionLad

So, the current list of Premier League wages in order of low to high looks like this.

20 - 13.31M Sheffield United

19 - 13.58M Norwich City

18 - 23.80M Aston Villa

17 - 32.62M Wolves

16 - 36.21M Brighton

15 - 37.96M Newcastle United

14 - 40.40M Bournemouth 

13 - 41.70M Burnley 

12 - 45.94M Watford 

11 - 57.46M West Ham

10 - 59.70M Southampton 

09 - 66.48M Crystal Palace 

08 - 72.62M Leicester City

07 - 88.99M Everton

06 - 93.24M Tottenham 

05 - 98.65M Chelsea 

04 - 101.19M Arsenal 

03 - 113.20M Liverpool 

02 - 145.77M Manchester City 

02 - 163.80M Manchester United

Newcastle (quite low) and Crystal Palace (quite high) were the two surprises for me.

Anyone know what our current wage bill is, in comparison?

These figures look all wrong.

Man Utd only £163.8m??

I find it really hard to believe that one of those is right- when are they from, is this monthly, quarterly, annually?

What's the context? Quarterly then yes that would make sense, monthly that'd be too high, once every 4 months, maybe a bit on the low side if some but the right ballpark albeit a bit high. Every 3-4 months split, otherwise...

For perspective, Liverpool's stated wage bill in 2017/18- and I know it's out of date, a snapshot in time- was reportedly £263m.

58 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

These figures look all wrong.

Man Utd only £163.8m??

I find it really hard to believe that one of those is right- when are they from, is this monthly, quarterly, annually?

What's the context? Quarterly then yes that would make sense, monthly that'd be too high, once every 4 months, maybe a bit on the low side if some but the right ballpark albeit a bit high. Every 3-4 months split, otherwise...

For perspective, Liverpool's stated wage bill in 2017/18- and I know it's out of date, a snapshot in time- was reportedly £263m.

I’m trying to locate the original source. If the figures are wrong, I’m pretty sure the placings won’t be.

55 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why is it a surprise about Newcastle??

Newcastle fans hate mike ashley because he wont spend

If the figures are anywhere near correct, I wouldn’t have thought their wage bill would have been lower than the likes of Burnley, Watford, Southampton or Bournemouth.

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I’m trying to locate the original source. If the figures are wrong, I’m pretty sure the placings won’t be.

The placings feel about right tbh, though one or two I wonder on.

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Wolves were the biggest surprise for me, doing very well considering their wages. COYR 

Jorge Mendes is partially to thank for that.

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

If the figures are anywhere near correct, I wouldn’t have thought their wage bill would have been lower than the likes of Burnley, Watford, Southampton or Bournemouth.

Bournemouth were spending big amounts on wages in the Championship.

Only going to have continued since promotion.

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I wonder how we fare in comparison to other Championship clubs these days. Our wage bill must have increased significantly over the past year or two.

8-12th I reckon.  We will be near the top end of the clubs without parachute payments.

Archived