IGNORED

Jonson Clarke-Harris

Unan

Jonson Clarke-Harris  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will probably be gone to a Championship club in January and may well do nothing if he ain't the main man at a bigger club, he basically got no pressure playing in front a few fans and a shoite "stadium". I certainly wouldn't want him here - although it would be funny! 

I wouldnt go for him, not because he might not be a decent player, but because we have needed an out and out championship goal scorer for a while, we have a fee agreed for afobe which im assuming will be 6 million plus, and have just sold 30 odd million of players so the money is there for that higher calibre of player. If we sold semenyo and wanted someone from a lower league to see if they could take that spot and step up, then jch might be a decent shout

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I wouldnt go for him, not because he might not be a decent player, but because we have needed an out and out championship goal scorer for a while, we have a fee agreed for afobe which im assuming will be 6 million plus, and have just sold 30 odd million of players so the money is there for that higher calibre of player. If we sold semenyo and wanted someone from a lower league to see if they could take that spot and step up, then jch might be a decent shout

We will lose money on Afobe if all this stuff is true. We likely paid a loan fee, paying whatever % of his wages- we'll probably be paying his wages until January at the earliest.

Regards the £30m- that is NOT in a large pot for wages and fees. Allowable losses, operating losses etc etc. We can spend SOME of it on a higher calibre striker perhaps.

Nope. And not because he’s gas.

I think it was @Major Isewater who made the point recently that league one is a no mans land with no media coverage. However, as was noted, it’s more than that - as the gap between the PL and the championship (other than the top 6) has narrowed, the gap between league 1 and our level has increased. There are exceptions - eg Lyle Taylor is on a streak and it remains to be seen if it lasts - but perennially you’re playing against far worse players. It’s almost a totally different game and any player at L1 or L2 is a huge gamble if they can make the step up.

Add to that this is a player who has had one short burst of form having not done great things prior (including at this level) and is there any reason to be interested? Any other L1 player with those metrics we shouldn’t be so let him carry on as the nonentity he is with the nonentity club he’s at. The comedy value of not giving them a penny and seeing this freakish run of form run to an end will more than outweigh any cheap laughs from taking him.

52 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And you believe that?

Normally, all is fair in love and war, so no.

SL however seems very old fashioned in the sense that if he said it, I strongly suspect he would stick to it. Who wants a Chairman like that, really. Others have said we as a club play these things very straight. 

Archived