Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Seneca the Younger

Jonson Clarke-Harris

Jonson Clarke-Harris  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would to **** em off.

• Like 2

Will probably be gone to a Championship club in January and may well do nothing if he ain't the main man at a bigger club, he basically got no pressure playing in front a few fans and a shoite "stadium". I certainly wouldn't want him here - although it would be funny! 

For under 500k I’d take the punt

Anything over and it’s not worth it. The guy has had a good 6 months for the first time in his career, let’s see if he can keep it up 

I wouldnt go for him, not because he might not be a decent player, but because we have needed an out and out championship goal scorer for a while, we have a fee agreed for afobe which im assuming will be 6 million plus, and have just sold 30 odd million of players so the money is there for that higher calibre of player. If we sold semenyo and wanted someone from a lower league to see if they could take that spot and step up, then jch might be a decent shout

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I wouldnt go for him, not because he might not be a decent player, but because we have needed an out and out championship goal scorer for a while, we have a fee agreed for afobe which im assuming will be 6 million plus, and have just sold 30 odd million of players so the money is there for that higher calibre of player. If we sold semenyo and wanted someone from a lower league to see if they could take that spot and step up, then jch might be a decent shout

We will lose money on Afobe if all this stuff is true. We likely paid a loan fee, paying whatever % of his wages- we'll probably be paying his wages until January at the earliest.

Regards the £30m- that is NOT in a large pot for wages and fees. Allowable losses, operating losses etc etc. We can spend SOME of it on a higher calibre striker perhaps.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Worth it to boil their piss once again- does he have a nice old moderate buyout clause, and perhaps he'd be one we can make a profit on him?

In general, nope- probably not what we need at this time.

Nope. And not because he’s gas.

I think it was @Major Isewater who made the point recently that league one is a no mans land with no media coverage. However, as was noted, it’s more than that - as the gap between the PL and the championship (other than the top 6) has narrowed, the gap between league 1 and our level has increased. There are exceptions - eg Lyle Taylor is on a streak and it remains to be seen if it lasts - but perennially you’re playing against far worse players. It’s almost a totally different game and any player at L1 or L2 is a huge gamble if they can make the step up.

Add to that this is a player who has had one short burst of form having not done great things prior (including at this level) and is there any reason to be interested? Any other L1 player with those metrics we shouldn’t be so let him carry on as the nonentity he is with the nonentity club he’s at. The comedy value of not giving them a penny and seeing this freakish run of form run to an end will more than outweigh any cheap laughs from taking him.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I genuinely don't know who he is! Is it a Rovers player?

Yes, the latest Gas Cash Cow. 

48 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Jonson Clarke Harris - I would rather sign Freeman Hardy Willis (a shoe-in for the first team) I 

All left foot pal

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

All left foot pal

Decent left foot though.  Remember him causing us probs when he was at Rotherham.  He’s someone I always thought would gave a better career than he has.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Decent left foot though.  Remember him causing us probs when he was at Rotherham.  He’s someone I always thought would gave a better career than he has.

Sorry Dave, I was referring to the left shoes left outside Freeman Hardy & Willis 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

It won't happen, as the two chairmans have an agreement after the Taylor transfer, no further transfers between the two clubs, 

And you believe that?

42 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

It won't happen, as the two chairmans have an agreement after the Taylor transfer, no further transfers between the two clubs, 

It's possible they have an agreement after all the problems LJ faced after the Taylor move

52 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And you believe that?

Normally, all is fair in love and war, so no.

SL however seems very old fashioned in the sense that if he said it, I strongly suspect he would stick to it. Who wants a Chairman like that, really. Others have said we as a club play these things very straight. 

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hull bid £450k for him in the summer and it was turned down. Carry on scoring like he is then they'll probably get £1m for him in January. 

Luckily we all know how much of that money will be reinvested into the club.

20 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Normally, all is fair in love and war, so no.

SL however seems very old fashioned in the sense that if he said it, I strongly suspect he would stick to it. Who wants a Chairman like that, really. Others have said we as a club play these things very straight. 

I doubt there was even an agreement. 

Look at it from Wallys point of view. He realised that once the Taylor sale went through he’d have a lot of stick from rovers fans for allowing it to happen. I feel that he felt like he had to make this agreement up to make the fans feel better about the move

I’d bid up to £2m for him no problem, the guy is scoring exceptional goals regularly and we’ve spent that on far bigger gambles like Engvall in recent years. Wages would be low so very low risk and if he doesn’t step up then it’s no great loss to us. Johnson already knows him well, brought him into his Oldham side as a youngster.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hull bid £450k for him in the summer and it was turned down. Carry on scoring like he is then they'll probably get £1m for him in January. 

That'll cover 12 weeks of losses 😂

13 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I’d bid up to £2m for him no problem, the guy is scoring exceptional goals regularly and we’ve spent that on far bigger gambles like Engvall in recent years. Wages would be low so very low risk and if he doesn’t step up then it’s no great loss to us. Johnson already knows him well, brought him into his Oldham side as a youngster.

Not sure if 1.3 million on a Swedish international is a bigger gamble than 2 million on a guy who’s got a 1 in 5 record at league one level...