bcfc01

A few not available so how about;

Bentley

Moore   Williams   Baker

Hunt   Brownhill   Massengo   O'dowda

Palmer   

Weimann   Semenyo

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'd like to see us play Weimann centrally with Semenyo and Eliasson wide and Palmer at the head of the midfield trying to thread them through.  I don't want to see us playing direct balls to Fam with nobody near him, it doesn't work well.

Should be this all day long.

Palmer is the only one can find Weimann’s runs. Could be a good partnership there.

Fam will play his part but I hope he’s not the answer.

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'd like to see us play Weimann centrally with Semenyo and Eliasson wide and Palmer at the head of the midfield trying to thread them through.  I don't want to see us playing direct balls to Fam with nobody near him, it doesn't work well.

I totally agree - and it looks as though @Lew-T beat me to being the first to do so! I'd love to see us trying to make a more sophisticated possession based attack work...not got anything against Fam as an option but too often the ball just seems to bounce off him.

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

I can't see how that would work other than having 11 outfield players ?

On 19/09/2019 at 21:42, bcfc01 said:

Bentley

Moore   Williams   Baker

Palmer   

Weimann   Semenyo

Think szmodics might be involved.

On 19/09/2019 at 21:42, bcfc01 said:

Bentley

Moore   Williams   Baker

Palmer   

Weimann   Semenyo

Been saying it all season. O'Dowda left wing back for me too. Or even left back if we go to a 4. Looked very comfortable there against Boro who then switched their attacks to the other side once they knew O'Dowda was not so easy to run at.

Not against Semenyo starting. Will probably be Fam. Could Eliasson play off of Weimann? Maybe that wouldn't work, who knows. And I still think Szmodics looks some player from that 45 mins against Derby in preseason. Still some very good options and LJ needs to find a blend that works now Afobe out.

What I think might happen is LJ tries numerous different combinations until something looks right. As long as the defensive unit is mainly similar most games then this might be the best thing to do.

I don't want him to persist with a strike force that kind of does a job every game. If he goes with Fam and Weimann and it looks really good, then great. But otherwise I'd want to see a different combination.

16 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Hope Fam is on the bench, if we go back to the style of play, lumping balls at him then can only see a loss, we need clever movement in front of Palmer, so would prefer Weimann & Semenyo 

Semenyo has yet to develop clever movement.  He’s a bit static / reactionary from the bits and pieces I’ve seen.  Lots of ability, and as @Olé would say - he’s a specimen!!  He has something.  Impact sub today for me.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Been saying it all season. O'Dowda left wing back for me too. Or even left back if we go to a 4. Looked very comfortable there against Boro who then switched their attacks to the other side once they knew O'Dowda was not so easy to run at.

Not against Semenyo starting. Will probably be Fam. Could Eliasson play off of Weimann? Maybe that wouldn't work, who knows. And I still think Szmodics looks some player from that 45 mins against Derby in preseason. Still some very good options and LJ needs to find a blend that works now Afobe out.

What I think might happen is LJ tries numerous different combinations until something looks right. As long as the defensive unit is mainly similar most games then this might be the best thing to do.

I don't want him to persist with a strike force that kind of does a job every game. If he goes with Fam and Weimann and it looks really good, then great. But otherwise I'd want to see a different combination.

COD i’m sure will see minutes at LWB over the coming weeks.

I would start with Fam today.  Your post yesterday Re 5212 v Derby in pre-season jogged my memory.  Interestingly I saw it as more 532...and Rowe broke forward more than Szmodics.  So perhaps WBs with Fam / Andi up front can work.  Hope so!

Agree, let’s fine the right “forward” set-up....hopefully one that Palmer continues to thrive in.

20 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So how would you describe Fam? to me he is the most static player's when receiving the ball we have (including Bentley)

I didn’t say Fam was!!  Just said Antoine hadn’t developed that part of his game....yet.

Fam needs to run the channels more, give that option.  His modus operandi is to come short.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Semenyo has yet to develop clever movement.  He’s a bit static / reactionary from the bits and pieces I’ve seen.  Lots of ability, and as @Olé would say - he’s a specimen!!  He has something.  Impact sub today for me.

COD i’m sure will see minutes at LWB over the coming weeks.

I would start with Fam today.  Your post yesterday Re 5212 v Derby in pre-season jogged my memory.  Interestingly I saw it as more 532...and Rowe broke forward more than Szmodics.  So perhaps WBs with Fam / Andi up front can work.  Hope so!

Agree, let’s fine the right “forward” set-up....hopefully one that Palmer continues to thrive in.

I thought it was Rowe alongside Brownhill. Both covering wing backs who were both excellent. Szmodics in behind Fam and Weimann. Rowe was covering Dasilva a lot I thought.

Archived