Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

TomF

Ignore Users - Improved Features

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Doubt it very much a computer will ever be sophisticated enough to form an opinion that someone is being a cock.

Google already knows. They know everything about everyone. Almost. 

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Is there just an auto function so that once the system knows someone is being a cock, the system just puts them on ignore for everyone?

On twitter I found deleting my account solved that issue 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A553E500-1845-4507-972C-2052B64E7444.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

On twitter I found deleting my account solved that issue 

Done that a few years back, there are still a few on here😂

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

There you go again 

Can't you just move on? 

You’re flogging a dead horse there ADBA.................:facepalm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomF said:

A553E500-1845-4507-972C-2052B64E7444.jpeg

Indeed, even without any digital device or even an Internet connection they know massive amounts about you. 

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I will decide that not you... thank you.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I reckon u go Buffalo Bill on RR. Friday night - tit suit on - obsessed. Hilarious. Proper mentalist

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re flogging a dead horse there ADBA.................:facepalm:

Have you turned this guy down or something?, he seems to be slightly too obsessed with you and your postings. 

I do not think I have met either of you in the past but I am also led to believe that the picture on Tetburys profile is actually Robbored?

So not only does he moan about practically everything you post but is also using your photo as his profile....

I think it is obvious now to us all who that weirdo actually is on this site.

Anyway must dash. 

Sweet dreams (of Robbored)

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

If Robbored gets you to the point where you need to put him on ignore, well, you're easily upset about trivial things. 

I think he's good value really. If he gets your back up too often then maybe it says more about you than him? Just a thought. 

Yes indeed, we all love reading the same post from Robbored about a thread being pathetic and just wild speculation, yet the same person has to tell us 40+ times in the same thread (Afobe) - or a thread about a potential signing or outgoing only to be told the same thing again and again and again. The trouble is plenty of these turn out to be true, but even still it is ******* great to see some keyboard warrior peeing off many decent posters because he is a self confessed troll.

Some may find it trivial and let him carry on doing so and peeing off genuine posters (plenty of people have said it), but also many of us find it tedious and ******* pathetic childish behaviour. As said elsewhere, I believe the bloke is protected by the mods and can treat this place as he wishes as nothing gets done at all.

I am sure all the mods can look at the stats of ignored posters etc, so let us know how they look, and then tell us how many posters are wrong and why we should have to put up with Robboreds non stop trolling.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Have you turned this guy down or something?, he seems to be slightly too obsessed with you and your postings. 

I do not think I have met either of you in the past but I am also led to believe that the picture on Tetburys profile is actually Robbored?

So not only does he moan about practically everything you post but is also using your photo as his profile....

Anyway must dash. 

Never met the guy - which makes his obsession with me even more bizarre ............:dunno:

That said I did look after two or three patients who had obsessional traits towards certain people in their lives and it was very difficult to find a medication that actually worked.

Eventually all of them responded to ‘talking therapy’ which at the time was not considered as a viable treatment - these days times have changed thankfully and self help therapy is fairly commonplace as a treatment option.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Yes indeed, we all love reading the same post from Robbored about a thread being pathetic and just wild speculation, yet the same person has to tell us 40+ times in the same thread (Afobe) - or a thread about a potential signing or outgoing only to be told the same thing again and again and again. The trouble is plenty of these turn out to be true, but even still it is ******* great to see some keyboard warrior peeing off many decent posters because he is a self confessed troll.

Some may find it trivial and let him carry on doing so and peeing off genuine posters (plenty of people have said it), but also many of us find it tedious and ******* pathetic childish behaviour. As said elsewhere, I believe the bloke is protected by the mods and can treat this place as he wishes as nothing gets done at all.

I am sure all the mods can look at the stats of ignored posters etc, so let us know how they look, and then tell us how many posters are wrong and why we should have to put up with Robboreds non stop trolling.

WR - I see your an inexperienced poster judging by your post count and yet you feel qualified to slag me off.......:dunno:

At the risk of being rather dull and repetitive, I’ll give you the same tip that I give to all my critics - just  put me on ignore - it’s even easier to do now with the new feature.

Go on!........you know you want to.

• Sad 1
  • Aubergine 3
  • Hedgehog 1

Nice to know you can react with a smiley face RR, shame you couldn't answer a simple question earlier of why you were non stop on a thread with your 40+ posts you had no interest in.

I will also assume you have apologised about the Afobe rumour seeing as it was true, seeing as you were expecting one from everyone who commented on the subject when you thought it was a hoax.......

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Anyway must dash. 

I reckon Robbored and Tetbury are the same guy......playing mind games with us, and we're all falling for it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

WR - I see your an inexperienced poster judging by your post count and yet you feel qualified to slag me off.......:dunno:

At the risk of being rather dull and repetitive, I’ll give you the same tip that I give to all my critics - just  put me on ignore - it’s even easier to do now with the new feature.

There's no risk mate

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just want to point out that I can still see this.

Not because the 'ignore' function isn't working (because I haven't checked), but because I am quite happy to read these posts.

Christ, they can't be any more annoying that either me going on about food vouchers, or indeed @CyderInACan declaring his love for Erasure and B*Witched every day*.

*might be me again.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wood_red said:

Nice to know you can react with a smiley face RR, shame you couldn't answer a simple question earlier of why you were non stop on a thread with your 40+ posts you had no interest in.

I will also assume you have apologised about the Afobe rumour seeing as it was true, seeing as you were expecting one from everyone who commented on the subject when you thought it was a hoax.......

There is more chance of Afobe scoring the winner Saturday!!

Ask him about his 2 day ban for insulting people with insulting homosexual language....

Other people get banned for life.... the protected one gets a slap on the hand.... 

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Tetbury red Im sure you used to join the cats coachs on motorway junctions back in the day?

I wouldn't be so sure of that if I was you..... 🙄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I never forget a face from the cats tet.

If im right you had a snazzy managers 80s coat in those days, like kenny dalglish.

You also had funny smelling bottles of orange squash.

You might struggle to forget a face if you have never seen the face.... 

51 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If im right you had a snazzy managers 80s coat in those days, like kenny dalglish.

That funny smelling orange squash you speak of is in fact fake, out of date Fanta...

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

You might struggle to forget a face if you have never seen the face.... 

Sorry Tetbury 

But It looks like yours has been blown up with helium,  and then that mop has been died by tipping you upside down in smelly orange squash 

🤣

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Does anybody have any horror stories from coach 1?

Id love to hear 1.

The first rule of coach 1 is you don’t talk about coach 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That’s not him in his photo.

It’s his best pal RR. Yeah I know, weird init

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Im hoping someone will have the courage to come forward.

They’re still locked in the luggage compartment 

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry Tetbury 

But It looks like yours has been blown up with helium,  and then that mop has been died by tipping you upside down in smelly orange squash 

🤣

That’s a very personal comment Bob - I really hope TM isn’t offended.

Its acceptable to disagree/debate someone’s post but to criticise they way a posters looks is unnecessary and offensive. TM can’t help the way he looks.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

If Robbored gets you to the point where you need to put him on ignore, well, you're easily upset about trivial things. 

I think he's good value really. If he gets your back up too often then maybe it says more about you than him? Just a thought. 

I agree.

Too be honest I think he's a great source of ammunition!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Doubt it very much a computer will ever be sophisticated enough to form an opinion that someone is being a cock.

Are you sure?

12 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Correct!

cock1

/kɒk/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: cock; plural noun: cocks

1  1. 
BRITISH
a male bird, especially of a domestic fowl. h 
Similar:
rooster

cockerel

male fowl
capon

chanticleer

used in names of birds, especially game birds, e.g. watercock.suffix: -cock

BRITISH
a male lobster, crab, or salmon."the biggest salmon I ever had was a 45 lb cock"
 However the biggest cock I ever saw was Robbored ( a poster on Bristol City's Fans Forum - see 2.2, 3.3 and 5.5. below)

INFORMAL•BRITISH
a friendly form of address among men."please yourself, cock"

2  2. 
VULGAR SLANG 
a man's penis. Alternative name Robbored, after the poster on Bristol City's Fans Forum

3  3. 
INFORMAL•BRITISH
nonsense."that's all a lot of cock"

referring to the majority of posts by Robbored on OTIB ( see 2.2 above) 

4  4. 
a firing lever in a gun which can be raised to be released by the trigger.

5  5. 
a stopcock.

The term describing the action by Tom F allowing OTIB posters to put Robbored ( see 2.2 and 3.3 above) on ignore.

verb

verb: cock; 3rd person present: cocks; past tense: cocked; past participle: cocked; gerund or present participle: cocking

1  1. 
tilt (something) in a particular direction."she cocked her head slightly to one side"
h 
Similar:
tilt

tip

angle

lean

slope

bank

slant

incline

pitch

dip

cant

bevel

camber

heel

careen

put at an angle

bend a (limb or joint) at an angle."Madge threw herself into the armchair and cocked her legs over the side"
h 
Similar:
bend

flex

crook

angle

curve

kink

(of a male dog) lift (a back leg) in order to urinate."a greyhound cocked its leg against the tree"
h 
Similar:
lift

raise

lift up
hold up

raise the cock of (a gun) in order to make it ready for firing."he took the loaded pistol from his belt and cocked it"

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just want to point out that I can still see this.

Not because the 'ignore' function isn't working (because I haven't checked), but because I am quite happy to read these posts.

Christ, they can't be any more annoying that either me going on about food vouchers, or indeed @CyderInACan declaring his love for Erasure and B*Witched every day*.

*might be me again.

And Toploader. 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Can't we just have an "ignore Robbored" button?

Not necessary Mike. 

Its simple enough to do it yourself.

Top right - username - drop list - ignore user - just type in my username and there you go.

It’s sad. I never block anyone, especially another fellow City fan. The best way to deal with trolling is simply not to bite. That way they don’t get the attention that they are looking for. If everyone all had the same views then this would be a boring place. Live and let live. Up the City!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

A computer can determine if someone is annoying or not? Haha

Yeah, using Twitch is a easy way to see it in action as they're far left & very pc. People get banned for being heated in conversations, all determined by algorithms. 

3 minutes ago, knewtropics said:

Yeah, using Twitch is a easy way to see it in action as they're far left & very pc. People get banned for being heated in conversations, all determined by algorithms. 

I didn't know that. Interesting. Well hopefully this forum never actually bans anyone just because some find them to be annoying.

Fantastic stuff. Let September 21st be known as OTIB’s ‘Independence Day’!

Would it be possible to hide posts that contain quotes from ignored users entirely? This way both the ignored user and those replying to said ignored user with some form of abuse are hidden. Would trim the Afobe thread in half!

Edited by Newquay-Red
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry Tetbury 

🤣

Charming other members again Bob ? You smooth mofo 

• Hmmm 1

51 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I didn't know that. Interesting. Well hopefully this forum never actually bans anyone just because some find them to be annoying.

Twitch as in the gaming/streaming site? That's because it's not true.

17 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Charming other members again Bob ? You smooth mofo 

As I said

Not the brightest