IGNORED

Backs to the wall mentality...

spudski

....Club needs positive support and positive reaction.

With Afobe, Kalas, DaSilva and Nagy all sidelined it would be easy to feel downhearted. 

Boy's need support and a feeling of togetherness throughout the fan base.

Where there is adversity others can come to the fore and take their chance...Taylor has shown what can be done. 

Smozdicks and Semenyo could be the next Reid... Famara could find some class to match his spirit...Rowe could continue to astound. Etc etc.

Lads have done fantastic all season with injuries...winning games the hard way.

Can't help but feel strangely war like in mentality after today.

Looking forward to tomorrow...stuff the Swans and get behind the lads.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

....Club needs positive support and positive reaction.

With Afobe, Kalas, DaSilva and Nagy all sidelined it would be easy to feel downhearted. 

Boy's need support and a feeling of togetherness throughout the fan base.

Where there is adversity others can come to the fore and take their chance...Taylor has shown what can be done. 

Smozdicks and Semenyo could be the next Reid... Famara could find some class to match his spirit...Rowe could continue to astound. Etc etc.

Lads have done fantastic all season with injuries...winning games the hard way.

Can't help but feel strangely war like in mentality after today.

Looking forward to tomorrow...stuff the Swans and get behind the lads.

90% is in the head .

We have a good spirit in the camp .

They maybe sad that BA is out but this will give someone else a chance to step up and make a name for themselves.

I`m just hoping that one or two aren`t a bit flat with the news - KP springs to mind. I`m sure they`re all more professional than that though.

I also hope that we fans aren`t too deflated either - it`s knocked the stuffing out of me for sure-  as a feeling like that from the stands will certainly transmit itself to the pitch.

I really hope Swansea don`t score early.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

90% is in the head .

We have a good spirit in the camp .

They maybe sad that BA is out but this will give someone else a chance to step up and make a name for themselves.

I agree Major...however I'm a great believer in positive energy and full support from the fan base. It really does make a difference...start feeling hard done by, already talk of season over by some...and then the media get hold of it, and it snowballs. Then pressure starts if we lose a few.

Us Brits are at our most determined when things are tough...that Battle of Britain spirit needs to come to the fore, even if we have a few blips and errors.

We've now got some young lads looking to do men's jobs.

Just read about lads the same age as our team jumping into Spitfires and fighting the enemy against woeful odds and winning...with the Country rallying behind them.

Really feels like that with the City right now.

Gotta get behind these lads with no negative talk.

Win and fight as one...

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m just hoping that one or two aren`t a bit flat with the news - KP springs to mind. I`m sure they`re all more professional than that though.

I also hope that we fans aren`t too deflated either - it`s knocked the stuffing out of me for sure-  as a feeling like that from the stands will certainly transmit itself to the pitch.

I really hope Swansea don`t score early.

I can’t see the fans being deflated, disappointed maybe  but if enough of us have the same level of faith in LJ  as I have then we’ll be okay. 

Despite LJs limited managerial experience he will have come across injuries to important players before - Korey Smith for example and he and his assistants will have come up with a remedy to the loss of Afobe. 

Obviously we won’t know what that planned  remedy is until we see the team tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The loss of BA is a major blow given how well he was playing but even now I don't see the squad being any worse than last season. If we play to our potential we can still beat anyone in this league. In LJ and the players I trust. 

I quite agree. 

I have great faith in LJ. He’s a thinking mans manager and despite his relative managerial experience he and his assistants will have come up with a remedy to cover the loss of Afobe. 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I agree Major...however I'm a great believer in positive energy and full support from the fan base. It really does make a difference...start feeling hard done by, already talk of season over by some...and then the media get hold of it, and it snowballs. Then pressure starts if we lose a few.

Us Brits are at our most determined when things are tough...that Battle of Britain spirit needs to come to the fore, even if we have a few blips and errors.

We've now got some young lads looking to do men's jobs.

Just read about lads the same age as our team jumping into Spitfires and fighting the enemy against woeful odds and winning...with the Country rallying behind them.

Really feels like that with the City right now.

Gotta get behind these lads with no negative talk.

Win and fight as one...

Spot on. This isnt the end. Benik and the boys have built a great platform for us to seriously challenge for promotion. Fam will step up and a freshly focussed O'Dowda will let his talent shine through. Forty years outside the top flight is too long. Lets get 2020 vision boys and girls. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I can’t see the fans being deflated, disappointed maybe  but if enough of us have the same level of faith in LJ  as I have then we’ll be okay. 

Despite LJs limited managerial experience he will have come across injuries to important players before - Korey Smith for example and he and his assistants will have come up with a remedy to the loss of Afobe. 

Obviously we won’t know what that planned  remedy is until we see the team tomorrow.

‘“ LJ’s limited management experience”  - how ‘ limited’  is 300 games, in your opinion?

He is young, yes, but inexperienced, absolutely not.

23 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Spot on. This isnt the end. Benik and the boys have built a great platform for us to seriously challenge for promotion. Fam will step up and a freshly focussed O'Dowda will let his talent shine through. Forty years outside the top flight is too long. Lets get 2020 vision boys and girls. 

Totally....right now we are only just into the season, and had the most awful injury crisis to arguably our three best players.

When that happens I'm very much of a 'get into them' attitude.

You can't blame anyone for what's happened.

It boils my piss when I see defeatest attitude.

This Club is doing everything right, and when injuries happen you don't need fans throwing in the towel and lamenting.

I hate apathy...but we have it in bundles when things go slightly Pete Tong.

I've recently watched the documentary on Prime about Leeds last season. Hate them with a passion...but can't help admire their support and 12th Man attitude when the chips are down.

I'm going to have to shackle myself tomorrow in amongst the Dolmoan ??

The Afobe situation will have dealt a collective blow to the whole squad, I think a' backs to the wall mentality' in the dressing room is therefore very likely.

Whether consciously or sub- consciously I can see the lads finding and giving that little bit more, the collective effect of that extra little individual percentage in performance can conversely prove to be advantageous to us negating the immediate effect of the loss of Benik...  

Wouldn't be surprised to see some very good individual performances to be honest and dare I say a very healthy result against the in form Swans.  ?

It's not like fans can seriously moan about anything. The club put together a fantastic squad of players. The key player which is Afobe out for the season, we surely cannot criticise them now for not bringing in that proven striker. If anyone says that we should have brought in another as good as Afobe then they'll never be satisfied with anything the club does, as that was never going to happen, as it simply can't. 

I'm still hopeful we have enough up top without Afobe. It's not impossible. Diedhiou has had periods of being a regular goalscorer, 2 seasons ago, and 2 in 3 starts so far this season.

Weimann can be very good and has started off very well. And we have potential goals in other areas. Who knows how good Semenyo can become, and he has shown glimpses of outstanding potential.

We still have a very good squad of the players that are fit.

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's not like fans can seriously moan about anything. The club put together a fantastic squad of players. The key player which is Afobe out for the season, we surely cannot criticise them now for not bringing in that proven striker. If anyone says that we should have brought in another as good as Afobe then they'll never be satisfied with anything the club does, as that was never going to happen, as it simply can't. 

I'm still hopeful we have enough up top without Afobe. It's not impossible. Diedhiou has had periods of being a regular goalscorer, 2 seasons ago, and 2 in 3 starts so far this season.

Weimann can be very good and has started off very well. And we have potential goals in other areas. Who knows how good Semenyo can become, and he has shown glimpses of outstanding potential.

We still have a very good squad of the players that are fit.

We do indeed. 

We all know these things happen in football,  worse was the tragic death of Salah and the possibility that his goals could have kept our rivals in the Premier league. 

I liken the impact of the loss of Afobe to that of Cheeseley for us . A huge blow which meant instead of coping quite easily with the step up to the top division we then struggled and it took us way too long to find a replacement in Royle. 

We are a much changed club these days and I have no doubt that we will advance and find solutions which will overcome another obstacle thrown in our pathway to the Prem.

The club needs us to get behind the team more than ever , starting with a huge show of ‘ love ‘ for our Famara . 

Always believe.

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I liken the impact of the loss of Afobe to that of Cheeseley for us . A huge blow which meant instead of coping quite easily with the step up to the top division we then struggled and it took us way too long to find a replacement in Royle. 

Always believe.

I agree with everything you wrote apart from this bit. Cheeseley was already a club legend, instrumental in our promotion season and his partnership with Ritchie was different gravy. 

Afobe is a loan player, has scored a handful of goals and was promising great things. 

More like Dani Rodrigues then!

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

@Robbored You don’t half chat some complete and utter rubbish at times.

Lee Johnson has been a manger of a professional football club since 18th March 2013 and has been in work full time since. So that’s nigh on 6 and a half years.

He has managed 335 games. 

Just incase your not aware he is the son of Gary Johnson (a man I’m told you crapped yourself in front of) whose managed over a thousand games so I’m sure he has a sounding board there as well.

Now where’s that ignore thread...

23 minutes ago, daored said:

If I was Johnson I would be getting into KP and telling him to do it for Afobe. I’m sure Afobe will be around the squad especially on matchdays. 

I don't think Palmer can try any harder than he is now. Boro game he was everywhere first half. Just hoping his stamina can improve as he couldn't hardly run in the second.

10 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Robbored You don’t half chat some complete and utter rubbish at times.

Lee Johnson has been a manger of a professional football club since 18th March 2013 and has been in work full time since. So that’s nigh on 6 and a half years.

He has managed 335 games. 

Just incase your not aware he is the son of Gary Johnson (a man I’m told you crapped yourself in front of) whose managed over a thousand games so I’m sure he has a sounding board there as well.

Now where’s that ignore thread...

I’m not too familiar with LJs managerial experience prior to joining  City nor am I particularly bothered but I had assumed that he hadn’t managed at Championship level before. Maybe I’m wrong about that......

Btw - what on earth has LJ being the son of GJ got to do with anything? 

It really is amazing/annoying/disappointing so many words can be used.
Korey is a miss, but you kind of forget him as he hasn't had a run of games for so long.
When we lost DaSilva it was really bad luck and timing, Rowe has done a brilliant job considering.
Nagy's injury was disappointing , but as he'd not had time to really cement his place I think everyone was looking forward to HNM. Plus it was short term apparently.
I think Wright was next , but he would be seen as back up, so we could cope with Baker,Kalas and TM.
Kalas was a massive blow , what has happened is a resurgent Nathan Baker, back to the Baker we first signed.Add to that Taylor Moore has been better than anyone could have hoped.
Afobe's injury is up there with Kalas as the biggest blow. It took so long to get a striker in, he must have been a little way down the list but it looked like we had got very lucky. His movement not only showed what is missing from Fam's game, but brought out the best in KP and Weimann with his movement.
Not even mentioned Janneh.

That's half a team, more when you add Maenpaa to the mix. Keeper,2 CB's , LB, 2 CMF and striker. To be where we are is nothing short of brilliant, to stay in the hunt will be more so. I'm not sure if we will replace Afobe in Jan, can't see there being an OOC worth a punt. I don't see Johnson putting Semenyo in, it would be a big gamble all round, though it might help with the movement and give KP a better target/runner. Fam was a big part of tremendous away form last year, so he does deserve credit and patience. We do need to find a way to play at home, I hope AS is part of that, a siege mentality wouldn't hurt, strength through adversity etc. 
Today is tough, it could also be a massive step forward. I think we are due a little more luck and 3 points would be a nice start. Looking through a half full glass, Wright is in training , Nagy is close enough to be being assessed for today so perhaps we can muddle through while players return to fitness.

Gonna be hard mind.

2 hours ago, stortfordred said:

I agree with everything you wrote apart from this bit. Cheeseley was already a club legend, instrumental in our promotion season and his partnership with Ritchie was different gravy. 

Afobe is a loan player, has scored a handful of goals and was promising great things. 

More like Dani Rodrigues then!

What I want to convey is the sentiment of course I’m not comparing playing records at City .

The feeling that suddenly we are ‘ reduced ‘ . Benik was seen as the forward we’d been missing and finally found . 

He lifted the whole club and looked like with him in the side we were very difficult to contain .

Cheeseley’s injury had the same impact, for me at least , because it was the same sensation of potential being wasted .

A big step back that changed so many plans. 

Archived