IGNORED

Backs to the wall mentality...

spudski

2 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Robbored You don’t half chat some complete and utter rubbish at times.

Lee Johnson has been a manger of a professional football club since 18th March 2013 and has been in work full time since. So that’s nigh on 6 and a half years.

He has managed 335 games. 

Just incase your not aware he is the son of Gary Johnson (a man I’m told you crapped yourself in front of) whose managed over a thousand games so I’m sure he has a sounding board there as well.

Now where’s that ignore thread...

Agree. Most managers fail before getting 100 games in charge and never manage at the given level again.

Lee will now be a manager for “life”....he has a great deal of experience.  Young?  Yes.  Inexperienced?  No.

51 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It really is amazing/annoying/disappointing so many words can be used.
Korey is a miss, but you kind of forget him as he hasn't had a run of games for so long.
When we lost DaSilva it was really bad luck and timing, Rowe has done a brilliant job considering.
Nagy's injury was disappointing , but as he'd not had time to really cement his place I think everyone was looking forward to HNM. Plus it was short term apparently.
I think Wright was next , but he would be seen as back up, so we could cope with Baker,Kalas and TM.
Kalas was a massive blow , what has happened is a resurgent Nathan Baker, back to the Baker we first signed.Add to that Taylor Moore has been better than anyone could have hoped.
Afobe's injury is up there with Kalas as the biggest blow. It took so long to get a striker in, he must have been a little way down the list but it looked like we had got very lucky. His movement not only showed what is missing from Fam's game, but brought out the best in KP and Weimann with his movement.
Not even mentioned Janneh.

That's half a team, more when you add Maenpaa to the mix. Keeper,2 CB's , LB, 2 CMF and striker. To be where we are is nothing short of brilliant, to stay in the hunt will be more so. I'm not sure if we will replace Afobe in Jan, can't see there being an OOC worth a punt. I don't see Johnson putting Semenyo in, it would be a big gamble all round, though it might help with the movement and give KP a better target/runner. Fam was a big part of tremendous away form last year, so he does deserve credit and patience. We do need to find a way to play at home, I hope AS is part of that, a siege mentality wouldn't hurt, strength through adversity etc. 
Today is tough, it could also be a massive step forward. I think we are due a little more luck and 3 points would be a nice start. Looking through a half full glass, Wright is in training , Nagy is close enough to be being assessed for today so perhaps we can muddle through while players return to fitness.

Gonna be hard mind.

Nice post mate.  Shows the depth we have now.  The less serious injuries have happened in a lighter period of matches.  We will need a couple back as we go into Sat-Tues, Sat-Tues periods.  The EFL Cup defeat looks like being a blessing.

Nagy will probably be back next week meaning we can perm 2 of Brownhill / Massengo / Nagy over an intense period.  You could add Rowe in too, if you’re willing to accept O’Dowda might play the odd game at LWB.

Up front, of course Afobe is a blow, but we have the 3 natural “strikers” of Diedhiou, Weimann and Semenyo, backed up by flexible “forward” minded players in Palmer, Szmodics, Watkins (yes, Watkins) and add O’Dowda, Eliasson in here too.

It’s not as doom and gloom as some suggest.

If we don’t win today, it’ll all be “season’s over without Afobe”, but it is after any game we don’t win.

We are in good shape points-wise.  Perhaps a bit of siege mentality is needed today.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree. Most managers fail before getting 100 games in charge and never manage at the given level again.

Lee will now be a manager for “life”....he has a great deal of experience.  Young?  Yes.  Inexperienced?  No.

Nice post mate.  Shows the depth we have now.  The less serious injuries have happened in a lighter period of matches.  We will need a couple back as we go into Sat-Tues, Sat-Tues periods.  The EFL Cup defeat looks like being a blessing.

Nagy will probably be back next week meaning we can perm 2 of Brownhill / Massengo / Nagy over an intense period.  You could add Rowe in too, if you’re willing to accept O’Dowda might play the odd game at LWB.

Up front, of course Afobe is a blow, but we have the 3 natural “strikers” of Diedhiou, Weimann and Semenyo, backed up by flexible “forward” minded players in Palmer, Szmodics, Watkins (yes, Watkins) and add O’Dowda, Eliasson in here too.

It’s not as doom and gloom as some suggest.

If we don’t win today, it’ll all be “season’s over without Afobe”, but it is after any game we don’t win.

We are in good shape points-wise.  Perhaps a bit of siege mentality is needed today.

100% agree. To be where we are at the moment with the injuries we have is unbelievable, but it really shows the depth we now have and what players we have to come in (and still getting results). I really hope we get a result today with a decent performance and Fammy can get on the scoresheet, if we don't get a result (or Fam has a shocker) it really won't be worth the hassle of coming on here after the game. It will be like we are in Stokes position with some of the posts....

Archived