IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 8

Septic Peg

14 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I got Dasilva info from @RedM's injury list post. Says injured in training. But tbf, I have no idea. Could easily be both (ie knocked in Leeds game and compounded it in training). We probably won't ever know.

Players get injured in training at pretty much every club. It’s simply an unfortunate coincidence that there have been so many recently at Failand.

I’m sure that if we looked at other Championship clubs forums we’d see similar threads about player injuries.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Players get injured in training at pretty much every club. It’s simply an unfortunate coincidence that there have been so many recently at Failand.

I’m sure that if we looked at other Championship clubs forums we’d see similar threads about player injuries.

Remember that long string of injuries at Arsenal under Wenger? Even the leading pundits were questioning training methods. 

29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Remember Don Revie. He was convinced that Elland Road had a gypsy curse on it so he got a gypsy from Scarborough to exorcise the spell. We just need a City supporter who has gypsy powers to pop along to Failand and do the business 

Which manager was it who brought in someone to lift a gypsy’s curse and they had to pee in the four corners of the pitch ? 

( not at the same time obviously) 

12 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It was a routine training move. He is a fit person. The one and only reason can be lack of recovery & stretching.

I have never been injured in a routine training move and I'm twice his age.    

Your routine training moves are lifting pints of beer so it’s not the same thing?

@Septic Peg @Major Isewater

I don’t buy the sports science / physio theory....especially when staff have changed.  Someone I know what spouting the conspiracy theory on FB and cane up with the usual “I know someone at a very senior level at the club who is concerned with the department” bollox.  If someone senior is concerned they’ll do something about it.  If Steve ‘Wiggy’ Allen and Rhys Carr were the problems, then why was my FB “friend” suggesting the issue is with the new team, when injuries have “plagued” Lee’s reign.  Perhaps Lee is the problem.  I jest!!!  It’s the same bollox that we hear when “I know someone at the club who says Lee has lost the dressing room”.

Its fair to say we’ve suffered quite a lot of injuries but they are different types, some training ground, some during game.

Afobe ACL - under no challenge, just bringing a ball down - shit happens, especially when you’ve done your ACL previously.

Smith - slipped going into a challenge in game

Dasilva - training ground, but stress fracture

Janneh - cartilage, which he suffered from last April.

They aren’t the common, “we are getting lots of hamstring issues, our training is obviously wrong”.  It’s a right mix.

Bearing in mind how much time they spend “training” in comparison to “game-time”, it’s hardly surprising more injuries occur up at Failand.

@ChippenhamRed - hope Daniel makes a speedy recovery.

Onto today.  We fans may need to be patient, Swansea knock it around a bit.  Expecting a bit of “let’s do this for Benik” mentality today.  City 2-1.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

My kingdom for a pint.

Shakespeare.

That’s the guy .

Totterdown or Prince St?  Mine’s a Gold.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Septic Peg @Major Isewater

I don’t buy the sports science / physio theory....especially when staff have changed.  Someone I know what spouting the conspiracy theory on FB and cane up with the usual “I know someone at a very senior level at the club who is concerned with the department” bollox.  If someone senior is concerned they’ll do something about it.  If Steve ‘Wiggy’ Allen and Rhys Carr were the problems, then why was my FB “friend” suggesting the issue is with the new team, when injuries have “plagued” Lee’s reign.  Perhaps Lee is the problem.  I jest!!!  It’s the same bollox that we hear when “I know someone at the club who says Lee has lost the dressing room”.

Its fair to say we’ve suffered quite a lot of injuries but they are different types, some training ground, some during game.

Afobe ACL - under no challenge, just bringing a ball down - shit happens, especially when you’ve done your ACL previously.

Smith - slipped going into a challenge in game

Dasilva - training ground, but stress fracture

Janneh - cartilage, which he suffered from last April.

They aren’t the common, “we are getting lots of hamstring issues, our training is obviously wrong”.  It’s a right mix.

Bearing in mind how much time they spend “training” in comparison to “game-time”, it’s hardly surprising more injuries occur up at Failand.

@ChippenhamRed - hope Daniel makes a speedy recovery.

Onto today.  We fans may need to be patient, Swansea knock it around a bit.  Expecting a bit of “let’s do this for Benik” mentality today.  City 2-1.

I wasn’t having a dig at the club . 

My main thought was ‘ are today’s players getting more injuries because of the huge demands placed on them ‘ ?

Race horses have become so highly strung that they are more fragile than old Dobbin . These days athletes , in general, are pretty much the same . There is a fine line between ‘ optimum ‘  and ‘ bust ‘ .

46 minutes ago, spudski said:

Spoons on waterfront a bit lively

43 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Already ?

Give that a swerve then.

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

Whetherspoons on Waterfront...

Hope the idiots dont burst the freedom bubble, and create a new restrictive travel one again... Bloody fools.

Is it really kicking off down there, or is it rising tensions etc?  Hope it gets nipped in bud and everything goes well for everyone..

Should be a good game and hopefully the right result for us after the setbacks we've had this week.. COYRs lets leave the fighting for on the pitch eh? and battle for three more points. 

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I wasn’t having a dig at the club . 

My main thought was ‘ are today’s players getting more injuries because of the huge demands placed on them ‘ ?

Race horses have become so highly strung that they are more fragile than old Dobbin . These days athletes , in general, are pretty much the same . There is a fine line between ‘ optimum ‘  and ‘ bust ‘ .

Yeah, I know....was more posting about the conspiracy theories that come out.  Because we have such a magnified view of OUR OWN club, we don’t see what injuries other clubs are suffering.  It’s part and parcel of the modern game.  

Like you say in comparison to race horses, In the main, players are now finely tuned athletes, and they need regular “servicing”.  They break down on occasion too.

The doubts over our sports science / physio department, never mention Pack and Brownhill’s 90 games between them last season, do they, or how their professional approach was key to saving Pisano’s career after he snapped the hamstring off the bone.

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Hope the idiots dont burst the freedom bubble, and create a new restrictive travel one again... Bloody fools.

Is it really kicking off down there, or is it rising tensions etc?  Hope it gets nipped in bud and everything goes well for everyone..

Should be a good game and hopefully the right result for us after the setbacks we've had this week.. COYRs lets leave the fighting for on the pitch eh? and battle for three more points. 

Just loud singing etc no fights but they'll be well p****d by the time they arrive at AG

9 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

No fighting...just rammed full of em all, spilling out chanting and singing ...having said that all I can hear are sirens now...I'm other side of water and can't see em now...just hearing it all.

Archived