IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 8

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@Septic Peg @Major Isewater

I don’t buy the sports science / physio theory....especially when staff have changed.  Someone I know what spouting the conspiracy theory on FB and cane up with the usual “I know someone at a very senior level at the club who is concerned with the department” bollox.  If someone senior is concerned they’ll do something about it.  If Steve ‘Wiggy’ Allen and Rhys Carr were the problems, then why was my FB “friend” suggesting the issue is with the new team, when injuries have “plagued” Lee’s reign.  Perhaps Lee is the problem.  I jest!!!  It’s the same bollox that we hear when “I know someone at the club who says Lee has lost the dressing room”.

Its fair to say we’ve suffered quite a lot of injuries but they are different types, some training ground, some during game.

Afobe ACL - under no challenge, just bringing a ball down - shit happens, especially when you’ve done your ACL previously.

Smith - slipped going into a challenge in game

Dasilva - training ground, but stress fracture

Janneh - cartilage, which he suffered from last April.

They aren’t the common, “we are getting lots of hamstring issues, our training is obviously wrong”.  It’s a right mix.

Bearing in mind how much time they spend “training” in comparison to “game-time”, it’s hardly surprising more injuries occur up at Failand.

@ChippenhamRed - hope Daniel makes a speedy recovery.

Onto today.  We fans may need to be patient, Swansea knock it around a bit.  Expecting a bit of “let’s do this for Benik” mentality today.  City 2-1.

Totterdown or Prince St?  Mine’s a Gold.

Is the Shakespeare still there in Henry Street, Totterdown?  When I was younger and living in Oxford Street, you could do a pub crawl in a couple of block. Those were the days, although my local was the New Found Out.

10 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Is the Shakespeare still there in Henry Street, Totterdown?  When I was younger and living in Oxford Street, you could do a pub crawl in a couple of block. Those were the days, although my local was the New Found Out.

Shakespeare still there. Great pub, though not quite the same place as it was in its heyday with Mad Ernie and Joan in charge. 

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I know....was more posting about the conspiracy theories that come out.  Because we have such a magnified view of OUR OWN club, we don’t see what injuries other clubs are suffering.  It’s part and parcel of the modern game.  

Like you say in comparison to race horses, In the main, players are now finely tuned athletes, and they need regular “servicing”.  They break down on occasion too.

The doubts over our sports science / physio department, never mention Pack and Brownhill’s 90 games between them last season, do they, or how their professional approach was key to saving Pisano’s career after he snapped the hamstring off the bone.

Quite right Dave.

Look as well at one of the richest, best coached and well equipped clubs in the country, currently with only one fit centre back. Jesus and Mendy just returned for Man City, but they still have Stones, Sane, Foden, Laporte out.

Injuries happen - hard to except, but sometimes you can just be damn unlucky.

5 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

Shakespeare still there. Great pub, though not quite the same place as it was in its heyday with Mad Ernie and Joan in charge. 

Always was a good pub, if I remember right,  Alan was the landlord then, mind you,  I am going back to the 70's great days for pubs in that area.

Archived