IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 8

Septic Peg

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Remember Don Revie. He was convinced that Elland Road had a gypsy curse on it so he got a gypsy from Scarborough to exorcise the spell. We just need a City supporter who has gypsy powers to pop along to Failand and do the business 

Over to you @Robbored

Driving the sag minibus definitely qualifies you as a gypsy. 

4 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Not sure about that team! 

I also suspect that Swansea won't be sure about our team. 

It's a fair guess they would have been preparing and setting up for us playing a "big man" up front - even if that was Famara after Afobe's injury. I would imagine we will play a more fluid front 3 which will be different from what they expected.

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Oh for crying out loud stop being so sensitive. It's tongue in cheek....but I do find it an incredibly bizarre line up 

I do think we have the potential to be bullied with that line up, perhaps swansea are still considered to be a nice team to play against, albeit talented on the ball, kinda the opposite to how leeds were

I hoped he would drop Palmer OR Diedhiou so I'm surprised he's done both!

Some kind of fluid front three which presses hard is my guess. 5-2-3 sort of. No wonder there was double tactical sessions going on!

Bentley

Hunt Moore Williams Baker Rowe

Brownhill Massengo

Weimann   Szmodics   O'Dowda

It needs our outlets up front to keep hold of the ball and make runs. It needs the rest of the team to make forward runs in support. I get the thinking, we'll see how/if it works!

5 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

This. It’s energy and pressing all over with hopefully a solid back 3, albeit quite a change up. Exciting to see how we get on 

Yes. And it is a team that looks like it will give the opponents little time on the ball. At home for a long time teams have had periods of domination in most games against us. Boro early first half and most of second, even QPR dominated much of first half. We could do with getting at teams and stopping them from playing. 

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Makes me think there may be a few niggling injuries that we aren't aware of considering we are playing one of the top teams.. Either way its why we have a squad so lets see what happens and get behind them..

Agreed, I would have thought Palmer who seems to be able to spot Weimann's runs off the ball would be a definite starter if 100% fit.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't get the negativity over this line up. Loads of pace, stamina and work rate. I imagine plenty of pressing and attacking football. Exciting stuff.

Ditto.

The one thing we know about Swansea is that they pass. A lot. Work rate and stamina, and the ability to press for sustained periods will be key. It seems to me that KP and Fam are out as that’s not their game for a full 90. I expect to see both emerge on or around the hour.

Think it’s 3-2-2-2-1. Three cbs, attacking fbs, Josh and Han Noah deep and Calumn/Sammie buzzing behind Andi. May even be a zero up front formation.

Interesting that’s for sure!

Archived