IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 8

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Yes, I'm saying base it on more than one game. He's obviously a great crosser of the ball, the best we've had in years. We're unbeaten in the league in 7 games. At least be accurate when you're miserable with us taking two points off the team second in the league.

Who said I was miserable? Just giving an opinion 

Entertaining game in the end..although thought we were lucky to get a point 

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Who said I was miserable? Just giving an opinion 

Entertaining game in the end..although thought we were lucky to get a point 

In fairness Andy, although I do appreciate you balancing out some of the happy clappers, you are a glass half empty kinda guy!

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Been such a frustrating watch second half. Final ball has been the thing letting us down the most, got into good areas and then just got the last kick wrong.  

Take a point and move on & hope Baker’s injury isn’t bad 

Nagy , commentating, said we need to concentrate more in the final third .

It was a scrap and a draw is a fair result . 

Bentley , as has become the norm, made some important saves and largely kept us in it.

I fear that for all the good work Famara and Weimann  do they  miss too many opportunities. 

It’s so frustrating.

Well done to all the lads they gave it their all and Swansea are no mugs .

On to the next one . If we can stay in touch with the top six until our big players come back and we can hopefully bring in a finisher in January.

:clap:

Decent very hard working performance.  Little bit short on quality going forwards.

I thought the starting line up was odd, if you're going to play a small pacey front line then you want Palmer on the pitch surely?

Massengo, Bentley and Williams stood out.  Palmer and Eliasson made a difference from the bench.

Swansea were pretty good and this was a fair point gained.

Never seen a player use their body as effectively as Massengo, he won several fouls like that and robbed his opponent half a dozen times.  If he can become as consistent with his passing he'll be some player.

Overall happy especially considering the injuries, we need to battle to stay in touch until we have a fitter squad and the chance to bring in someone up front too.

Going toe to toe with and matching the league leaders was a great result - especially when you consider how many first teamers were unavailable.

It was a very tough and physical game with both teams not taking any prisoners and it’s quite a surprise that only one red was shown and that was in added on time.

It was scrappy at times, end to end at times but a very enjoyable game to watch.

Noah was targeted throughout and what a player this lad is!. Along with everyone else he was my MotM by a country mile. He was everywhere. I was really hoping for the “he’s here, he’s there, he’s every flipping where Messengo, Messengo” to go up.

Team selection was brave.......but ultimately mistaken and kinda reflected LJs inexperience at Championship level but he soon saw that and rectified it my swopping Baker for Famara.

Plus....on a side note....today I must have seen more police around AG than I’ve seen in years! - understandable given the problems last season,

Bit of last season's problems, we made some good chances but didn't finish them, that 3 at the start was never going to work, glad Lee saw that and changed it to give us the target man we needed, just need someone to finish , still happy with a point as Swansea where a good team , 

That was a close game and quite a battle. I thought we looked solid but lacked quality when we were in attacking positions. Same could be said for Swansea.  Diedhiou perhaps should have scored from one of his chances (in the first half when he slid in and the second half header which went straight at the keeper). Massengo has a great game and was everywhere. Overall a decent point. 

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Going toe to toe with and matching the league leaders was a great result - especially when you consider how many first teamers were unavailable.

It was a very tough and physical game with both teams not taking any prisoners and it’s quite a surprise that only one red was shown and that was in added on time.

It was scrappy at times, end to end at times but a very enjoyable game to watch.

Noah was targeted throughout and what a player this lad is!. Along with everyone else he was my MotM by a country mile. He was everywhere. I was really hoping for the “he’s here, he’s there, he’s every flipping where Messengo, Messengo” to go up.

Team selection was brave.......but ultimately mistaken and kinda reflected LJs inexperience at Championship level but he soon saw that and rectified it my swopping Baker for Famara.

Plus....on a side note....today I must have seen more police around AG than I’ve seen in years! - understandable given the problems last season,

Huh? Thought we played Swansea today? Not Leeds?

As for police, I saw hardly any, very low key imo. Guess you have never been to a Bristol Derby? You're just trying to sensationalise something.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Huh? Thought we played Swansea today? Not Leeds?

As for police, I saw hardly any, very low key imo. Guess you have never been to a Bristol Derby? You're just trying to sensationalise something.

Did you leave AG via Ashton Rd? There were police everywhere and when I approached the underpass on my way back the Ashton School, even more police.........I honestly can’t remember seeing so many Old Bill around that part of AG before.

I was a bit disappointed with the performance.  We conceded a lot of possession, especially 1st half, and in the attacking the 3rd we were wasteful. 

On the plus side, gritty defensive hustling and I'm saying Massengo is undroppable. Having said that, we also need Nagy back.

I'm worried about our frontline, big time.

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJs inexperience at Championship level 

Err - he is the 2nd longest serving manager in the championship. 

0-0 was fair considering everything. I wish Palmer would put more of a shift in - his work rate compared to Wiemann is no where near. If he added that to his game he would be a star. Thought our young starlet was fantastic today - enjoy him while you can ‘cos he will be snapped up. Cracking little player. Shout out for AW and TM - looked strong at the back.

Ive said this time and time again - we need 3 in the middle of the park where we get over run

4321 would be best. Massengo, Nagy and Brownhill in the middle with AW and KP behind Fam

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Err - he is the 2nd longest serving manager in the championship. 

0-0 was fair considering everything. I wish Palmer would put more of a shift in - his work rate compared to Wiemann is no where near. If he added that to his game he would be a star. Thought our young starlet was fantastic today - enjoy him while you can ‘cos he will be snapped up. Cracking little player. Shout out for AW and TM - looked strong at the back.

Ive said this time and time again - we need 3 in the middle of the park where we get over run

4321 would be best. Massengo, Nagy and Brownhill in the middle with AW and KP behind Fam

My point is that LJ selected the wrong starting 11 and soon realised that City needed some presence up top rather two smaller guys, hence Baker for Famara.

To me that reflects his inexperience at Championship level.

2 hours ago, knewtropics said:

2 minutes added time?? for 4 subs?? 3 free kicks? several corners??

I was expecting 4 minutes but thought it might be 5.  How could the official possibly only give 2?  It defies belief.  Given that Swansea has just had a man sent off, it robbed us of significant tine to attack a side a man down.  Shocking and utterly inexplicable.

Archived