IGNORED

Leeds vs Derby

Nathandao

Watching the game at the moment. Don’t know if Derby are showing too much respect to Leeds but it really shows issues with such a reliance on loans. Last season, Derby were a solid side with players like Mason Mount and Harry Wilson. Now they’ve gone back to their parent clubs Derby look lost. Yes Leeds are a good side but Derby look beat and it’s 30 mins in.

13 minutes ago, Sniper said:

How it pains me to say it, Leeds do look very good.

Derby on the other hand, awful, losing Mount etc and of course Frank, think they are in for a bad season.

Why Lampard?

He inherited a top 6 side and was then able to get 3 of Chelsea's better prospects on loan to supplement  it.

53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's a squad that have been finishing in the playoffs or just outside for years.

True but I still think FL did a reasonable job to get them into the POs. He’s got a bright future I think / taken a brave step with them having a transfer ban too and playing the kids etc. 

7 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

True but I still think FL did a reasonable job to get them into the POs. He’s got a bright future I think / taken a brave step with them having a transfer ban too and playing the kids etc. 

Reasonable  job I agree with. He got the squad he had to the position  it should have  been reaching.

Lampard or Cocu? Cocu every day of the week. 

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's a squad that have been finishing in the playoffs or just outside for years.

Add Mount, Tomori and Harry Wilson and being able to make a few of his own signings on top. Cocu came in with barely a pre-season to get his ideas over 

13 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Tomori, Mount and Wilson were ridiculously good for the championship. What amazing loans to have. When I looked at that Derby side leading up to kick off with them, I said we win this game. They are not a great side this season. Never really rated Huddlestone. Marlon Pack, but with less effort. They could even be down near the bottom all season imo.

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Tomori, Mount and Wilson were ridiculously good for the championship. What amazing loans to have. When I looked at that Derby side leading up to kick off with them, I said we win this game. They are not a great side this season. Never really rated Huddlestone. Marlon Pack, but with less effort. They could even be down near the bottom all season imo.

I thought they’d struggle a bit too.  The gamble of last season didn’t pay off.  They don’t have much money as they had to use the ground sell and lease-back to make their FFP position better.

Archived