Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

Massengo

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Few concerns from some he isn't quite ready. Motm for me. Elite fitness levels. Kept winning the ball, winning fouls. Deceptively very quick and strong. Just turned 18. Mental. Has to be in every game when fit no doubt. 

Also thought Brownhill was very good like always. Together we relied on them massively to not lose that game.

I'd play them both and Nagy when all available.

Enjoy this kid whilst he is here. We won't have him long 

Exceptional talent 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Exceptional talent 

Absolutely!

There is no way he's going to stay under the radar.

Really hope that we don't have another Webster scenario coming up next season 😥

Scarily good, and over half a decade off his peak. Wonderful signing. Ashley Williams and himself can sure MotM today.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Exceptional talent 

Motm without a doubt. He be off at the end of the season for 30 million +

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

Absolutely!

There is no way he's going to stay under the radar.

Really hope that we don't have another Webster scenario coming up next season 😥

Unless we go up it's inevitable. The business model is the club's priority. If an acceptable bid comes in that will be that.

Class above everyone else today, Swansea didn't have a clue how to play him, loved watching him running rings round there players, love how he works back as well a real all round play, very impressed with how they could not knock him off the ball, as others say enjoy him this season as he's going bi at a top prem club next year

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Exceptional talent 

Just said the same on the way out. Enjoy him whilst we can.

Hard to be anything less than impressed with what we've seen so far. Plus his hair is quite big.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Motm without a doubt. He be off at the end of the season for 30 million +

It’s scary to think this is probably accurate. Why would be go for any less? Age and time on his side

Fantastic performance. He shouldn't be that good, at that age ir indeed that strong being that small.

Also worth a mention today is Taylor Moore, after his yellow he could have gone missing, but it was a confident, controlled and mature performance from another player having his first Championship season.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Funny I didn’t think he was all that today. Very good at defending his space and getting his body in the right position but not so good on the ball

Wow. Respect your opinion, but we must have been watching different games.

He moved the ball quickly and intelligently for me.

35 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Exceptional talent 

Even your positive comments are negative 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He gave the ball away a lot. 70% pass completion is pretty poor even before considering that the 70% includes a fair few easy passes that anyone can make.

The only criticism of him today is that but I can forgive it for the rest of his game and it is unusual for him. He’s normally 85% + 

Edited by RedDave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He gave the ball away a lot. 70% pass completion is pretty poor even before considering that the 70% includes a fair few easy passes that anyone can make.

The only criticism of him today is that but I can forgive it for the rest of his game and it is unusual for him. He’s normally 85% + 

Tbf - both sets of players struggled to string many passes together entirely down to the high tempo and with both team harassing each other. 

As I watched the game two thoughts entered my mind ‘hurly burly’ and ‘helter skelter’.......that sums up the game for me.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"When the fans sing my song I just have to run" 😂😂

I just want to give the lad a hug!

• Like 2

His reading of the game is exceptional for his age and experience. If I’m being picky, thought he dropped a little too deep too early at times, allowing their midfield on to us. But still MOM for me.

As someone else has said, I thought Taylor Moore was decent. Walking on eggshells after getting booked early, but did well.

26 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He was at it today, chased, harried and didn’t give the Swansea midfield a minutes peace. 

Needs to have the better technical players around him to see his true value 

Would love to see him with Nagy in midfield 

Perhaps 4-2-3-1 formation with HNM  and Nagy as the two 

• Like 1

He was SUPERB. First time I seen him in the flesh today. Although I was impressed by what I've seen on TV coverage at Derby and home to Middlesbrough I did wonder if he might've been a bit overhyped. I can unequivocally say that he hasn't been. He is a brilliant player and has an engine on him that is supersonic. It's like he does the work of 2 players. When Swansea went down to ten men the chap next to me said that we didn't have much time to capitalize on the extra man. I thought to myself that it's 2 extra men now as we've had an extra man all match because we've got Massengo.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 054123 said:

How good did he play against Derby?

Really well I thought, a real nuisance and their midfield rarely had a second on the ball.

i was sat in the derby end 👀In between their howls of frustration the fans around me were absolutely raving about him 

• Like 1

He hustled and harried their players, winning the ball and breaking up play well. I thought he had a spell in the first half where he didn't do too much but he certainly commanded the middle of the park well. My only small comment is that he didn't create too much himself but tends to look to lay off a simple ball for others to build on. I'd like to see him start looking to create a bit more space for himself and look for a more aggressive ball forward. 

Fantastic to see such a young lad muscling it with more experienced pros. Not afraid to get stuck in but in such a controlled way. He could be a walking yellow card if he wasn't so talented at whipping the ball away from under the opposition players toes. A great performance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

He hustled and harried their players, winning the ball and breaking up play well. I thought he had a spell in the first half where he didn't do too much but he certainly commanded the middle of the park well. My only small comment is that he didn't create too much himself but tends to look to lay off a simple ball for others to build on. I'd like to see him start looking to create a bit more space for himself and look for a more aggressive ball forward. 

Fantastic to see such a young lad muscling it with more experienced pros. Not afraid to get stuck in but in such a controlled way. He could be a walking yellow card if he wasn't so talented at whipping the ball away from under the opposition players toes. A great performance. 

Gary Owers nailed it when he said the way he uses his body , to shield the ball , and to out ‘muscle’ bigger opponents ,

better than any young player he’s ever seen 

Id agree with him 

• Like 6

It's ridiculous, but he's our most consistent performer. His work rate is tireless, with all that hustle and bustle, and we saw too how he can drive forward when given a license to. He simply has to play every game. 

Funny old game. Thought that was the worse I’ve seen him in the opening 20 minutes, touch was poor & passing a little off. But showed great character to continue too work hard & by the end of it, he was my mom. A real talent undoubtedly, but I also think he has the character to make something of it. COYR 

59 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

How can someone so young, already be a Bristol City legend?

Massive hair ☑️

Cider drinker ☑️

Absolute baller ☑️

Weird thing where he blows his hair up when thinking ☑️

Massive hair ☑️

• Haha 2

Whoever scouted him and negotiated the deal deserves the bonus to end all bonuses. The kid`s eighteen FFS!

I still can`t get my head round the fact that he plays for us - how on earth did that happen?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Whoever scouted him and negotiated the deal deserves the bonus to end all bonuses. The kid`s eighteen FFS!

I still can`t get my head round the fact that he plays for us - how on earth did that happen?

He played in an ? U18 ? Game Against us , but having read Monaco forums I’m not sure about scouted RRH , I think we undoubtedly were aware of him but that according to his Mum HM wanted to play first team football and was open to getting away from Monaco and I suspect (Just the vibe I get) that agents may have looked for a Club or out feelers out and we pounced

However it came about , a wonderful piece of business and like many or all it seems I really enjoy watching him play

I laughed at your ‘ Eighteen FFS ‘ and somebody posted similar earlier , and that’s what I keep thinking during games 

For the vast majority of time , IMHO He shows the football intelligence and nous of a player like Ashley Williams .........

At 18 !

🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

It’s scary to think this is probably accurate. Why would be go for any less? Age and time on his side

I can 100% see him playing for Man City, his style would suit them perfectly.

• Haha 1