IGNORED

Ash Williams

MC RISK77

3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

No need to go on the attack Dave. He came to City with his career going firmly one way and some reviews from Stoke that made their assessment of Afobe look positive.

Sure no one will be happier to eat humble pie than the people you mention if he keeps his early form up. I wasn’t too worried about him signing as at worst, he’d be a great head to have in the dressing room but you can’t blame people for looking at his last few years and being unimpressed.

It wasn’t an attack really, just that history says there are an element on here who slag off every signing.  They don’t understand our position in the food chain, our finances etc.  That’s fine, but give the player a chance in a red shirt first of all.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

One of the reasons I try not to 'go early' with thoughts on players....

Ashley Williams , OOC , no interested clubs , too old , not match fit.
Taylor Moore , was shit here , only played at struggling Bury/Southend , no Championship experience.
Tommy Rowe , journeyman , from Doncaster ffs
Benik Afobe , been shit for years, Stoke fans say he's shit......

Easy to have doubts about players,  but I do try and have a look for myself first. The 4 players above have all been quality this season, but I bet if you offered them to most people before they had signed , a good percentage would have said ..... not good enough. 

You forgot Dan Bentley ?

If the rumour that it really was only £2m, that is a helluva signing for a keeper nowhere near his prime years yet. 

Williams didn't break sweat yesterday. A very clever player who's got impeccable timing. It's as though he's one step ahead of the opposition striker. Taylor Moore can only benefit from that sort of experience.

Massengo MOTM for me. The way in chased down the gobby Celina AND got the ball off him was fantastic 

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Massengo MOTM for me. The way in chased down the gobby Celina AND got the ball off him was fantastic 

I loved the way that interception and tackle got the entire City crowd clapping and singing. Not often a bit of defensive play does that!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You forgot Dan Bentley

He was shit last year, he's finished :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If the rumour that it really was only £2m, that is a helluva signing for a keeper nowhere near his prime years yet.

I heard £4m, my main disappointment was more to do with the fact we could have had him years ago when he was at Southend , for £1m.At £2m it's great business, been crying out for a keeper to dominate the area for a while. Turned out ok ATM :clapping:

20 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

First half v Stoke I saw exactly what I feared. He was slow and looked all over the shop.

Since then he’s been our best player - my how we need it too with our injury crisis. 

Probably because he still had to get up to match fitness. Can only see him getting better and. hope we can extend his loan till the end of the seaseon

Be interesting to see what happens when all centre backs are fit. Baker has improved a lot this season, but he may well struggle to get back in. Especially if LJ not impressed with him asking to come off which someone said on here. 

Back 3 of Kalas - Williams - Moore?

Or back 2 of Kalas - Moore?

Or.     Kalas - Williams? 

Or is Baker the better option than Williams? And I still rate Wright too. We aren't weak at all at centre back now. 

On 21/09/2019 at 23:44, Davefevs said:

Another example of snobby City fans thinking no player is good enough for us.

Might not be a youngster, but you don’t play at Prem level for a good number of years without ability, and part of a Swansea side that passed it out from the back (like the current team).  

From his interview this week, really happy to be here, and speaks intelligently too.  

Nicky hunt? 

21 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

One of the reasons I try not to 'go early' with thoughts on players....

Ashley Williams , OOC , no interested clubs , too old , not match fit.
Taylor Moore , was shit here , only played at struggling Bury/Southend , no Championship experience.
Tommy Rowe , journeyman , from Doncaster ffs
Benik Afobe , been shit for years, Stoke fans say he's shit......

Easy to have doubts about players,  but I do try and have a look for myself first. The 4 players above have all been quality this season, but I bet if you offered them to most people before they had signed , a good percentage would have said ..... not good enough. 

It goes to show that a) our recruitment is continually improving and b) our manager knows how to get the best out of people.

39 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

It goes to show that a) our recruitment is continually improving and b) our manager knows how to get the best out of people.

And also that sometimes faces don't fit at a club and players might have a non-footballing problem that impairs their performance here.  We've certainly seen a few of those here over the years.

Archived