Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

fishy

Baker injury

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hmmm........LJ saying that Baker asked to come off could well have been a cover story - it was patently obvious after 15 mins that some presence was needed up top which says that LJ got the two up top wrong and no manager would hold their hands up and admit that they’d made an error.

I might be that NB was sacrificed................:dunno:

 

 

Jesus Christ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Jesus Christ.

He was crucified, not sacrificed.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, just like watching brazil said:

Could it be something to do with the artificial grass we now use? I guess we have the same turf in the training pitch.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with the turf.

COYR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Injured or not, we looked much better with 4 at the back and Fam up top.

For me, the starting line up/formation wasn't working at all, so the sub was the right one IMO either way.

I thought strangely Rowe was so narrow and more alongside Williams and Moore. O'Dowda was quite deep for a winger and more like a wing back. And Hunt seemed more advanced than Rowe the other side. That all changed second half when more subs were made, but it still for a while looked like 352 to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baker cannot be trusted.

Any player that asks to come off is a liability.

Its that simple.

For a big bloke he is a pansy.

So so predictable that he would do this and so so disappointing.

LJ needs to manage him out of the door.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Aubergine 8
  • Rovers 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I thought strangely Rowe was so narrow and more alongside Williams and Moore. O'Dowda was quite deep for a winger and more like a wing back. And Hunt seemed more advanced than Rowe the other side. That all changed second half when more subs were made, but it still for a while looked like 352 to me.

Yes maybe, not sure, i'd be keen to see the highlights and have a look. 

I can never tell for sure these days as a) we're quite fluid in and out of position formation wise and b) our wingers, be it out and out or wing backs get back to defend regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Baker cannot be trusted.

Any player that asks to come off is a liability.

Its that simple.

For a big bloke he is a pansy.

So so predictable that he would do this and so so disappointing.

LJ needs to manage him out of the door.

What utter shite.

He has been very good for us this year, despite being in the background last season - he has looked good. 

Im 100% sure you wouldn’t call him a pansy to his face. ffs

total bollocks

Edited by TonyTonyTony
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Baker cannot be trusted.

Any player that asks to come off is a liability.

Its that simple.

For a big bloke he is a pansy.

So so predictable that he would do this and so so disappointing.

LJ needs to manage him out of the door.

Absolute rubbish he has been one of our best players start of season..:if it was tactical then this post is nonsense

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Absolute rubbish he has been one of our best players start of season..:if it was tactical then this post is nonsense

He asked to come off as LJ said.

He feels a little discomfort and he's wanting to come off.

Its happened numerous times.

He's not to be trusted on the pitch.

Get rid.

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What utter shite.

He has been very good for us this year, despite being in the background last season - he has looked good. 

Im 100% sure you wouldn’t call him a pansy to his face. ffs

total bollocks

Bullshit post.

And bullshit poster.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

He asked to come off as LJ said.

He feels a little discomfort and he's wanting to come off.

Its happened numerous times.

He's not to be trusted on the pitch.

Get rid.

Ok didn’t see that if so then agree with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was rather nervous that LJ subbed Baker with Moore on a yellow against those play acting ‘dying ‘ swans . 

I feared we might lose another centre back to a red card .

A huge well done to Taylor Moore , not only for avoiding a further booking but also for playing his normal game afterwards.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What utter shite.

He has been very good for us this year, despite being in the background last season - he has looked good. 

Im 100% sure you wouldn’t call him a pansy to his face. ffs

total bollocks

To be fair I'd agree with him 100% before this season, however he has stepped up this season and probably deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I was rather nervous that LJ subbed Baker with Moore on a yellow against those play acting ‘dying ‘ swans . 

I feared we might lose another centre back to a red card .

A huge well done to Taylor Moore , not only for avoiding a further booking but also for playing his normal game afterwards.

 

He subbed him because he asked to come off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I didn’t notice him not moving well.

I did, after he was clattered. Running became lacklustre. Kicking the ball led to a whince every time. Went on a out 10 minutes before he came off.

Edited by GreedyHarry
Spellings
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Very frustrating if he’s injured again

I sit on dolman/ south stand border and couldn’t see how he got the injury.

Ah well we did ok without him but how many more before our form takes a dip.

Got injured by Ayew down by the touchline in front of Lansdown.  There wasn’t much in it, but he obviously tweaked something.

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Injured or not, we looked much better with 4 at the back and Fam up top.

For me, the starting line up/formation wasn't working at all, so the sub was the right one IMO either way.

Thought we had our best spell, when Rowe went into LCB, O’Dowda LWB and Szmodics in behind Weimann and Diedhiou.  Was the spell where O’Dowda crossed for Diedhiou.

2 hours ago, SuperRed said:

Baker wasn’t moving well just before he came off. I don’t know why i’m telling you this though as I know you won’t have seen it and I am not the official site. 

Correct.  Was not a tactical change.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He subbed him because he asked to come off.

Think since his various injuries and subsequent layoffs , both the club and Baker take no chances over any potential injury. I thought he came off today after a heavy challenge. An injury prone player is a liability, but this season is proving that on his day an injury free Baker is a club asset. As such I would rather protect him,than play him with a niggling injury so he ends up not playing for 1/2 the season. 

  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Think since his various injuries and subsequent layoffs , both the club and Baker take no chances over any potential injury. I thought he came off today after a heavy challenge. An injury prone player is a liability, but this season is proving that on his day an injury free Baker is a club asset. As such I would rather protect him,than play him with a niggling injury so he ends up not playing for 1/2 the season. 

This has been the case from day one.

He is a very good championship defender, no doubt about it but he can't be trusted to complete games.

But if he feels a little twinge and asks to come off he doesn't deserve a starting place imo.

 

  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Got injured by Ayew down by the touchline in front of Lansdown.  There wasn’t much in it, but he obviously tweaked something.

Correct.  Was not a tactical change.

Being in the Dolman its difficult for me to recognise individual City players that are over near the Lansdown. Obviously position, build and complexion are the usual clues but I wouldn’t have noticed Baker and Ayew coming into contact - Ayew who thought was disgrace with his rolling around antics btw..........bloody time waster.

Thats probably why I didn’t see NB struggling.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This has been the case from day one.

He is a very good championship defender, no doubt about it but he can't be trusted to complete games.

But if he feels a little twinge and asks to come off he doesn't deserve a starting place imo.

 

I understand your point, but with the way our injuries are stacking up don't you think its better not to risk another long term injury? It's a long season not just one game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Just8 said:

I understand your point, but with the way our injuries are stacking up don't you think its better not to risk another long term injury? It's a long season not just one game. 

I suppose I am "old School" in that I just don't like players signalling to come off the pitch.

Baker does this too regularly for my liking.

It lets people down, others play through a slight injury but he doesn't seem able to do it.

When you select a team you should be able to expect the players to complete the 90 minutes - you can't do that with Baker as he gets a twinge and he's got his hand up to come off.

Up to now he's been great, but he's now reverted to as he was - unreliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Baker cannot be trusted.

Any player that asks to come off is a liability.

Its that simple.

For a big bloke he is a pansy.

So so predictable that he would do this and so so disappointing.

LJ needs to manage him out of the door.

Oh Christ...

Scrolled down to this, but it's late and I really can't be bothered to scroll down any more. But when I do, I just hope that enough people will have put you in your ****ing place. To use a term that I hate, I would suggest that you "give your head a ****ing wobble". 

  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably sell in January or the summer if anyone is interested. As long as we have one or two new CBs to come in. Didn't LJ say 2 fell through on transfer deadline day? Seems like the Aberdeen defender was one. 

I still question Baker's desire. But also he isn't a ball playing type we want. The Aberdeen player is I think a ball playing type. Be interesting to see if Baker ever earns himself a new deal. I think he has up till end of next season? Bailey Wright end of this season.

With Williams contract up at end of season too. Maybe we give Williams new deal, sell Baker, release Wright and bring in 2 new CBS. I would not mind keeping Wright though and just bringing in one to replace Baker.

LJ even said earlier in the season that Baker is back and said about how he managed to carry on after a knock. It seemed to me he was saying that like he wouldn't have carried on in previous seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was injured. He didn't want to make it worse. He didn't want to allow the injury to cost us on the pitch. Was solid up to that point. Sensible move for me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He subbed him because he asked to come off.

I was still nervous whatever the reason for the substitution, Swansea have a few ‘ continentals ‘ who trained at RADA and Moore can still be a little naive with his lack of top level experience but he was very good.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd probably sell in January or the summer if anyone is interested. As long as we have one or two new CBs to come in. Didn't LJ say 2 fell through on transfer deadline day? Seems like the Aberdeen defender was one. 

I still question Baker's desire. But also he isn't a ball playing type we want. The Aberdeen player is I think a ball playing type. Be interesting to see if Baker ever earns himself a new deal. I think he has up till end of next season? Bailey Wright end of this season.

With Williams contract up at end of season too. Maybe we give Williams new deal, sell Baker, release Wright and bring in 2 new CBS. I would not mind keeping Wright though and just bringing in one to replace Baker.

LJ even said earlier in the season that Baker is back and said about how he managed to carry on after a knock. It seemed to me he was saying that like he wouldn't have carried on in previous seasons. 

Baker needs to strike out this reputation that risks his future career.

 I agree that he is a proper defender and has a good playing relationship with row Z. That is not necessarily a fault , overplaying in your own penalty area can have disastrous consequences.

 I have nothing against his game but just as I was beginning to trust him this happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hmmm........LJ saying that Baker asked to come off could well have been a cover story - it was patently obvious after 15 mins that some presence was needed up top which says that LJ got the two up top wrong and no manager would hold their hands up and admit that they’d made an error.

I might be that NB was sacrificed................:dunno:

 

 

Tbh it’s not a bad suggestion and I thought it may have been a tactical switch had baker not looked slightly sluggish coming off.

Just a shame that another post of yours is hounded upon by certain posters who then claim you’ve derailed a thread when you respond to them...

  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazed at the number of you who think he should have played on and risked further injury that could leave him in the treatment room for an extended period of time.

Baker would obviously be aware of injuries to other defenders, Moore being on a yellow, a limited number of defensive options on the bench, the fact William's and Moore hadn't marshalled a back 4 together before  l, and he still indicated he needed to come off.

Strikes me as a brave decision.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tbh it’s not a bad suggestion and I thought it may have been a tactical switch had baker not looked slightly sluggish coming off.

Just a shame that another post of yours is hounded upon by certain posters who then claim you’ve derailed a thread when you respond to them...

Priceless !

So you too think that Baker wasn’t injured or didn’t ask to come off and that LJ has made it all up and drawn the spotlight on Nathan Bakers injury record just to cover up his selection or tactical error .....

Fantastic .......priceless

Your agreement with the troll in full flow is brilliant and one to pin 

  • Haha 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Priceless !

So you too think that Baker wasn’t injured or didn’t ask to come off and that LJ has made it all up and drawn the spotlight on Nathan Bakers injury record just to cover up his selection or tactical error .....

Fantastic .......priceless

Your agreement with the troll in full flow is brilliant and one to pin 

Bob..........:cool2:.....you don’t agree with anything I post and your reaction of either an aubergine or a laughing smiling are so predictable it’s become laughable.

But...back to OS.....why don’t you think that LJ might end up having to play AS if he wants to take the pressure off Famara?

It would make a pleasant change to get a sensible response from you.

  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Priceless !

So you too think that Baker wasn’t injured or didn’t ask to come off and that LJ has made it all up and drawn the spotlight on Nathan Bakers injury record just to cover up his selection or tactical error .....

Fantastic .......priceless

Your agreement with the troll in full flow is brilliant and one to pin 

No I don’t, hence why I said I’d have thought it was tactical if he hadn’t looked sluggish, try to read the whole post before replying...

Your incessant responding to everything @Robbored posts is quite sad in all honesty, if you find him a troll then you can block him instead of constantly reacting to his posts with aubergines etc...

  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Priceless !

So you too think that Baker wasn’t injured or didn’t ask to come off and that LJ has made it all up and drawn the spotlight on Nathan Bakers injury record just to cover up his selection or tactical error .....

Fantastic .......priceless

Your agreement with the troll in full flow is brilliant and one to pin 

To be fair, Robbored made it clear that he originally thought it was tactical until he saw how Baker walked off.   I was the same and a mate of mine I drove home still thought it was tactical after the match.  It only became clear that there was an injury when Lee expressed his disappointment in the post-match Interview.

Why don’t you just put RR on ignore?  I can’t be the only one who finds all this sniping very tiresome.

 

  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I suppose I am "old School" in that I just don't like players signalling to come off the pitch.

Baker does this too regularly for my liking.

It lets people down, others play through a slight injury but he doesn't seem able to do it.

When you select a team you should be able to expect the players to complete the 90 minutes - you can't do that with Baker as he gets a twinge and he's got his hand up to come off.

Up to now he's been great, but he's now reverted to as he was - unreliable.

The bloke was injured - END OF.

We will not know how bad it is/was, and only the player will know what he was feeling at the time (it seems he carried on for 10 minutes after getting injured). We currently have other central defenders out and I am glad he came off - he has been playing very well so why would he want to let the team down and come off and risk his place after getting back in the side and seeming to be not far off his best?

If he would have stayed on and cost us a goal, or his injury got even worse he would be getting pelters for not coming off - and rightly so considering our injury list at the moment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprise a player might ask to come off if they feel a twinge etc, especially when they've had long layoffs before. 

It might make complete sense to play it a bit safe, and the player is doing the club a favour by resting up and avoiding another long layoff. 

No doctor will tell you it's better for your health to be brave in the face of obvious signs of poor health. That's just male culture. 

On the other hand.... 

Edited by CotswoldRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To be fair, Robbored made it clear that he originally thought it was tactical until he saw how Baker walked off.   I was the same and a mate of mine I drove home still thought it was tactical after the match.  It only became clear that there was an injury when Lee expressed his disappointment in the post-match Interview.

Why don’t you just put RR on ignore?  I can’t be the only one who finds all this sniping very tiresome.

 

Firstly

You clearly have jumped in without either reading the thread or being able to actually follow it

Our resident & self confessed troll was commenting after the game and even when it was pointed out to him that LJ had stated it was an injury , unsurprisingly continued his nonsense (This is what you too jumped in and have backed @JBFC II :thumbsup:)  (Though sometimes it is difficult to seperate trolling from stupidity)

As for your advice -

Firstly , Thanks , But coming from someone too tight to support the site I’ll pass but thanks anyway

Likewise by your own suggestion , if you don’t like my posts you can put me on ignore (It’s free too)

 

The fact that you both support a self confessed troll is as revealing as it is laughable

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Firstly

You clearly have jumped in without either reading the thread or being able to actually follow it

Our resident & self confessed troll was commenting after the game and even when it was pointed out to him that LJ had stated it was an injury , unsurprisingly continued his nonsense (This is what you too jumped in and have backed @JBFC II :thumbsup:)  (Though sometimes it is difficult to seperate trolling from stupidity)

As for your advice -

Firstly , Thanks , But coming from someone too tight to support the site I’ll pass but thanks anyway

Likewise by your own suggestion , if you don’t like my posts you can put me on ignore (It’s free too)

 

The fact that you both support a self confessed troll is as revealing as it is laughable

 

 

When have I said I supported him? Again, if you read my post (which you clearly haven’t...) I said I saw baker go off looking like he was injured having first thought it was tactical. 

What I have said is that Robbored hasn’t made a bad point about it being tactical, especially if he hadn’t seen baker go off hobbling slightly. If it were a tactical sub (which it wasn’t) it would have been a wise one, and it worked well. 

@Robbored isn’t trolling here, however many times you say that isn’t going to change that. He made an honest mistake having not seen how baker went off, that’s not something to jump upon and claim as trolling. It just turns decent threads like this into petty arguments which isn’t necessary, so I’m going to leave this now so we can discuss bakers injury. If you feel like you want to continue to eggplant my posts that’s fine by me, makes absolutely no difference. At least you’re attacking the post and not the poster for once...

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I was rather nervous that LJ subbed Baker with Moore on a yellow against those play acting ‘dying ‘ swans . 

I feared we might lose another centre back to a red card .

A huge well done to Taylor Moore , not only for avoiding a further booking but also for playing his normal game afterwards.

 

Taylor Moore was immense at the back IMO. He had loads of encouragement from Ashley Williams and is going to

be one hell of a player. Baker getting injured again isn't so much of a problem other than the fact that he keeps getting

injured.

On a side note when Fammy came on I noticed a definite improvement in his overall game {first touch etc.) very encouraging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

When have I said I supported him? Again, if you read my post (which you clearly haven’t...) I said I saw baker go off looking like he was injured having first thought it was tactical. 

What I have said is that Robbored hasn’t made a bad point about it being tactical, especially if he hadn’t seen baker go off hobbling slightly. If it were a tactical sub (which it wasn’t) it would have been a wise one, and it worked well. 

@Robbored isn’t trolling here, however many times you say that isn’t going to change that. He made an honest mistake having not seen how baker went off, that’s not something to jump upon and claim as trolling. It just turns decent threads like this into petty arguments which isn’t necessary, so I’m going to leave this now so we can discuss bakers injury. If you feel like you want to continue to eggplant my posts that’s fine by me, makes absolutely no difference. At least you’re attacking the post and not the poster for once...

Here’s your first clue ..........

 

14 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Johnson said he asked to come off , calf injury but hopefully precautionary, don’t need more injuries for God’s sake 

 

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hmmm........LJ saying that Baker asked to come off could well have been a cover story - it was patently obvious after 15 mins that some presence was needed up top which says that LJ got the two up top wrong and no manager would hold their hands up and admit that they’d made an error.

I might be that NB was sacrificed................:dunno:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t believe it’s being debated, was very obviously an injury. 

LJ sounded very annoyed / frustrated about it on the interview, hardly surprising given both NBs personal record and our current injury plague. 

Hopefully just a minor thing and he’ll be available again for PNE. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The fact that you both support a self confessed troll is as revealing as it is laughable

‘Self confessed troll’ - quite right but have you or any of my critics considered why I’m ‘self confessed?’

Because my critics have previously labelled me a ‘troll’ so why not just smile and disarm them by agreeing?  :dunno:

Obviously in your case Bob that ruse has backfired................:cool2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'd probably sell in January or the summer if anyone is interested. As long as we have one or two new CBs to come in. Didn't LJ say 2 fell through on transfer deadline day? Seems like the Aberdeen defender was one. 

I still question Baker's desire. But also he isn't a ball playing type we want. The Aberdeen player is I think a ball playing type. Be interesting to see if Baker ever earns himself a new deal. I think he has up till end of next season? Bailey Wright end of this season.

With Williams contract up at end of season too. Maybe we give Williams new deal, sell Baker, release Wright and bring in 2 new CBS. I would not mind keeping Wright though and just bringing in one to replace Baker.

LJ even said earlier in the season that Baker is back and said about how he managed to carry on after a knock. It seemed to me he was saying that like he wouldn't have carried on in previous seasons. 

I think his wages make him difficult to sell, but I'd go with your plan there, except I'd ditch Williams too, just because I'm ageist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when baker first came,it was the reckless days to get a bit of time off I noticed. that got nipped in the bud but soft injuries seem to have replaced them.

its almost like he needs a bit of time off the following Saturday.

 

I don't have a clue what goes on with baker but most centre backs are normally a lot tougher than him. great on his day but far from reliable since day one

Edited by redsquirrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.....

.... until 15:25 yesterday:

”Baker has been a rock”

”Baker back to his best”

etc

at 15:30 yesterday:

”body like a quaver”

”no heart”

”get rid in January”

be careful what you wish for.  If we were to get rid, you’ve got to be pretty sure you can bring in an upgrade who will settle in seamlessly.  I look at Clarke and Bielik at Derby, who have struggled early on at Derby after being much heralded.

A question.  Would you rather Baker tried to hide his calf injury?  After he tweaked it there was an occasion where he got done down the touchline and another where he desperately shielded the ball back to Bentley, because he knew he couldn’t win the sprint.  He knew he was struggling, and who knows, the next time he might lose out and we’d concede.

I’m sure LJ was disappointed, but imagine he really aggravated it and is out for weeks?  That’s no good either is it, especially with Wright just back in training.

Baker has been part of an improving defence, has played well himself.  He has injury problems, we know that, I’m just glad we had this little spell out of him.  Of course it would be great if he did t pick up knocks, but we all knew his DNA when we signed him.  It’s probably why he’s in the Champ and not the Prem.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 22:19, bcfc01 said:

I suppose I am "old School" in that I just don't like players signalling to come off the pitch.

Baker does this too regularly for my liking.

It lets people down, others play through a slight injury but he doesn't seem able to do it.

When you select a team you should be able to expect the players to complete the 90 minutes - you can't do that with Baker as he gets a twinge and he's got his hand up to come off.

Up to now he's been great, but he's now reverted to as he was - unreliable.

When has he asked to come off previosly? He's gone off injured before, but if you could confirm the times it was because he asked to please? How do you know it was a slight injury and not someting he recognised as potentially serious?

Due to his injury record I'd also suggest that asking to come off because something doesn't feel right is to be commended, rather than selfishly playing on, making the injury worse and being out for longer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2019 at 09:13, Bristol Rob said:

Amazed at the number of you who think he should have played on and risked further injury that could leave him in the treatment room for an extended period of time.

Baker would obviously be aware of injuries to other defenders, Moore being on a yellow, a limited number of defensive options on the bench, the fact William's and Moore hadn't marshalled a back 4 together before  l, and he still indicated he needed to come off.

Strikes me as a brave decision.

Exactly. And with a fully fit squad, and a different injury record for that particular player, I might feel differently but it would be massively irresponsible for any of our defenders to knowingly risk aggravating an injury with two centre-backs out already and a massive shortage of cover. We do not need any more injuries at the moment. I'm all for Baker not taking chances. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...