IGNORED

Sammy Szmodics

kiwicolin

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d probably agree Bob. What I got out of today from him (bizarrely) is that I think he needs to almost temper his enthusiasm to make the most of the strong suits you highlight.

Example - after about half an hour, Weimann was moving through on the edge of the box, Sammie came through on his left hand side and for me got too close to Andi - not enough to break his run, but enough to be in eyeline and make AW consider it he should play a ball without Sammie having ever been in a position to get it

The run was made with real enthusiasm but totally wrong. May have got away with it at L2 but not at this level. That will be learnt through training - so I’d agree, I’d keep SS here as I think he’ll learn quicker than in L1 when that run may get a better result

Was that the one where Weimann lashed a shot with his left foot over the bar?  If so, then yes, think he got in his eyeline, although, the run might have meant it better that Weimann went the other way onto his stronger right foot.

There was one lovely touch and spin away from his marker, and then a reverse pass into Hunt who was then away.

Flashes to know there is a player in there.  Starter every week?  Nope, but contribute by being a regular in the 18?  Yep.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was that the one where Weimann lashed a shot with his left foot over the bar?  If so, then yes, think he got in his eyeline, although, the run might have meant it better that Weimann went the other way onto his stronger right foot.

There was one lovely touch and spin away from his marker, and then a reverse pass into Hunt who was then away.

Flashes to know there is a player in there.  Starter every week?  Nope, but contribute by being a regular in the 18?  Yep.

That’s the one Dave. In real-time it looked to me like Andi broke his composure as to what he had planned because of Sammies run - there was a definite, albeit half second check which gave Swansea the space to close. 

Agree with the conclusion as to where SS is at this moment in time

We have to remember at which level he came from and I got the impression that he wasn’t up to the pace of the Championship quite yet. He looked a little lost at times but with more Championship games he’ll acclimatise.and get used to tempo.

Players can train as hard as they can but it’s game time that really makes the difference to match fitness. The 70 mins he got today will help of course.

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Not as good as Beauden Barrett, Col. Like to see Lansdown pull his finger out and splash the cash on the boy Barrett in January. 

No chance.  Barrett can't for another club other than in nz,  otherwise he can't play for the all blacks. 

I remember Brownhill’s first game against Wigan and he was worse than Sammie. He was younger but still first championship match and didn’t do anything wrong and worked hard. Get him some appearances off the bench more often and hopefully ready to contribute more towards the end of the season

On 21/09/2019 at 21:18, RedM said:

I thought he did well today, I was quite sad to see him go off if I’m honest. I thought he looked up for it and showed lots of energy. 

Reading most of the above posts it seems I am out on my own a bit here. 

I must say I kept forgetting that he was playing, although to these old eyes, I found telling him and AW apart from a distance quite difficult. It might be that I was attributing some of his work to the wrong guy.

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I must say I kept forgetting that he was playing, although to these old eyes, I found telling him and AW apart from a distance quite difficult. It might be that I was attributing some of his work to the wrong guy.

Same here mate. I had to rely on the shirt numbers most of the time - they do look very alike when they`re on the pitch.

21 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe that was my problem too then!?

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Same here mate. I had to rely on the shirt numbers most of the time - they do look very alike when they`re on the pitch.

You can still pick out shirt numbers RRH ?

Fair play !

I celebrated ‘Benik’ scoring against Middlesborough for 3 or 4 mins  :laughcont:

When you can’t decipher a shiny palette from funky dreads at 70 yards it’s time for new glasses !

Archived