IGNORED

S82 Display

WolfOfWestStreet

10 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Thought our crowd was very loud today...despite the massengo song being ripped off others it got the crowd going

Agree 

But don’t you think that it proves a point

a simple , catchy ,  decent song based on a tune that people are familiar with , are the ones that always work

It would be great to have some unique chants but they don’t come about too easily , and it may be to a tune that many clubs have also adapted,  but for me I don’t give a monkeys if it creates a good / better atmosphere ?

23 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Does anyone have any pictures of today's display. Was in amongst it so keen to see what it was like from the other side ??

Didn’t get the phone out quick enough to take but was really impressed by the display - well done all.. 

I’m only in s24 hence the closeness .. 

7603ECED-1229-4BDF-849C-7538A62ADDCE.jpeg

A3D32498-9E37-44D5-8691-358916AE224C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The atmosphere was very good today. I don`t think there were any quiet spells at all - there always seemed to be an undercurrent of noise throughout the game.

I didn`t hear more than a feeble peep every now and again from our friends from over the bridge mind!

Just that nauseating dull drone 

‘ Bogs .....Bogs......something something’

The simple fact is when they ran out of space for the waifs starys and convicts ,  on boats to Australia  they shoved the rest into Wales 

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The atmosphere was very good today. I don`t think there were any quiet spells at all - there always seemed to be an undercurrent of noise throughout the game.

I didn`t hear more than a feeble peep every now and again from our friends from over the bridge mind!

Odd, couldn’t disagree more 

thought atmosphere was poor today, and I always back the fans atmosphere wise!

funny how we view things differently 

25 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

May also depend where people were sat I guess, how well sound travels etc.

Thought was not bad but wasn't blown away...bit like our performance funnily enough!

Note- when I say the atmosphere, was referring to ground as a whole as opposed to any stand/area in particular.

28 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Strangely, I too didn't hear a huge amount.

Obviously, being in 'block C' (old money) of the Dolman, you are always going to hear the away fans quite clearly, and with the was S82 are angled you tend to have a slightly muffled listen, but at least S82 were louder than than PA. Which, once again was a health and safety hazzard as you couldn't hear anything.

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Thought our crowd was very loud today...despite the massengo song being ripped off others it got the crowd going

It was a library. Back in the day I would watch the eastend giving it all game with the opposition and get the crown buzzing. Drink up e cider, will keep the reg flag flying high. Nothing like that these days. We were embarrassing  to say the least for a derby game

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

TBF sat in the middle of the Lansdown stand four rows up (not where I normally sit) I could hear the away crowd far more than our own supporters.

They were very loud throughout and drowned our support frequently.

I suppose it depends on where you sit in the stadium as to what you hear.

12 minutes ago, DolmanDave said:

Have to say I thought the sound system was better today all around the stadium. Certainly alot louder. 

Here you go

20190921_145858.jpg

That 'Then, Now, Forever' thing is very ******* cool. Hope that comes to a few away games. Is it an S82 bought thing or what?

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree 

But don’t you think that it proves a point

a simple , catchy ,  decent song based on a tune that people are familiar with , are the ones that always work

It would be great to have some unique chants but they don’t come about too easily , and it may be to a tune that many clubs have also adapted,  but for me I don’t give a monkeys if it creates a good / better atmosphere ?

I think also we’ve modified that song to give it a bit of identity.

Much better than singing someone’s name to the tune of ‘7 nation army’ which is horrifically unimaginative.

We got louder as the game went on and Swansea got quieter. A goal would've really ignited the touchpaper.

The away fans, travelling in numbers, on the back of a successful run and sitting in a stand that amplifies rather than deadens noise, were predictably loud at first.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Does it?

I think we've had this debate extensively and while some dispute it, my answer would be when the "singing section" had the corner of the Atyeo they sounded so much louder than they do in S82. High semi-open roofs lose crowd noise.

Archived