IGNORED

S82 Display

WolfOfWestStreet

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think we've had this debate extensively and while some dispute it, my answer would be when the "singing section" had the corner of the Atyeo they sounded so much louder than they do in S82. High semi-open roofs lose crowd noise.

I remember this debate on here many times- I've always been unconvinced by how well sound travels from out of the Atyeo.

Suppose in the recent past, we were comparing two very different things- the EastEnd though much noisier in its own right, also had very decent acoustics. Always thought the South Stand had potential yet couldn't hear much from there yesterday- probably due to how it travels?

Same as people in the bit of the Dolman further down saying they barely hears Swansea- don't think either the South Stand or the Atyeo has brilliant acoustics etc tbh.

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

That 'Then, Now, Forever' thing is very ******* cool. Hope that comes to a few away games. Is it an S82 bought thing or what?

I don't like it. We have just changed our badge which the majority of people like and the club have done a really good job with it, everyone is embracing that change and the new era, apart from S82.

14 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I don't like it. We have just changed our badge which the majority of people like and the club have done a really good job with it, everyone is embracing that change and the new era, apart from S82.

That’s quite an assumption that the majority like it. Personally I don’t, but that banner along with the support yesterday was fantastic. Although the drum sounds like it could do with a new skin or a tune up.

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

That’s quite an assumption that the majority like it. Personally I don’t, but that banner along with the support yesterday was fantastic. Although the drum sounds like it could do with a new skin or a tune up.

I base that upon seeing how many shirts are worn around the ground and more importantly the rest of the clothing range. That is hugely popular.

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

How have they not embraced it? There must be about 80 flags with the new robin flag that was put out yesterday. 

How much more embracing do you want?

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember this debate on here many times- I've always been unconvinced by how well sound travels from out of the Atyeo.

Suppose in the recent past, we were comparing two very different things- the EastEnd though much noisier in its own right, also had very decent acoustics. Always thought the South Stand had potential yet couldn't hear much from there yesterday- probably due to how it travels?

Same as people in the bit of the Dolman further down saying they barely hears Swansea- don't think either the South Stand or the Atyeo has brilliant acoustics etc tbh.

The thing the old East End had in common with the Atyeo was a lower roof than the rest of the ground.  I suppose it's only if and when the Atyeo is replaced will we be able to resolve the acoustic debate. And, of course, it's relative: From mid-Dolman, you hear Dolman A much louder than S82 but that doesn't mean they are louder overall.

Generally speaking, whoever we play, the away supporters sing more - and that's simply because they are away supporters.  City regularly out-sing home supports when we're on the road. I don't think it's a case of Bristolians being naturally quiet. (We certainly aren't in my family!  :laughcont: )

Swansea supporters, just like their team, seemed to wear themselves out by the end of the game. The silence of the lambs.  ;)

Was in section82 yesterday shouting myself hoarse. , thought it was pretty noisy most of the game , you’ll usually get lulls as no one can sing non stop all game ! 

Did hear Swansea a couple of times , all I could see was their arms aloft sometimes 

I appreciate the efforts of section82 setting up in the morning but not everyone lives in bs3 and can be there at 9am ! 

I work TIL gone 2 on a Saturday and the park and ride pulls in at 245  

it was good to see the flags out and a few more two poles out , however I wouldn’t call it a display ,this should be the norm  

is there an update on what the money raised online towards displays was spent on ? Correct me if I’m wrong but we raised nearly 2k? 

Just asking the question before anyone takes offence / or gets narky ! 

I appreciate the efforts of section82 setting up in the morning but not everyone lives in bs3 and can be there at 9am ! 

it was good to see the flags out and a few more two poles out , however I wouldn’t call it a display ,this should be the norm 

———

without sounding sarky, it’s obvious people have work and lives etc, but I imagine setting things up take time hence having to do it early so a whole day isn’t wasted doing flags. 

Your post, also sums up the, “I want it like this all the time but I’m not helping”, you could whack up at 2:45 and start chucking flags at people to wave?

Are You willing to help put things away after? Can’t have everything in life, I imagine the lads setting things up have better things to do with their time.

what would you class a display? Also, £2k goes absolutely nowhere in display terms, have a look on supportersart at the prices. 

9 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

How have they not embraced it? There must be about 80 flags with the new robin flag that was put out yesterday. 

How much more embracing do you want?

Surely it should have been then, then and now? 

Don't get me wrong, I like the old Robins badge, It was nice to see it back last season, I just don't like the insinuation that it's our main badge by using the word forever. 

I also do not understand the relevance of displaying our two old badges, that's hardly embracing the new badge is it?

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

Was in section82 yesterday shouting myself hoarse. , thought it was pretty noisy most of the game , you’ll usually get lulls as no one can sing non stop all game ! 

Did hear Swansea a couple of times , all I could see was their arms aloft sometimes 

I appreciate the efforts of section82 setting up in the morning but not everyone lives in bs3 and can be there at 9am ! 

it was good to see the flags out and a few more two poles out , however I wouldn’t call it a display ,this should be the norm  

is there an update on what the money raised online towards displays was spent on ? Correct me if I’m wrong but we raised nearly 2k? 

Just asking the question before anyone takes offence / or gets narky ! 

Who says the lads setting up live in BS3? They don’t..

You say you don’t get there until 2:45 and sound annoyed they meet at 9am to give up hours of their Saturdays away from their GF’s, kids, work and mates and make the effort to when they can.

There was easily 200 flags made up and out along with a banner yesterday and it’s early the season so expect more to come through the season for £2k raised which won’t go far. 

I don’t know what you expect from other people who also have lives and commitments but I’d just embrace was is done tbh

23 hours ago, Upthereds94 said:

It was a library. Back in the day I would watch the eastend giving it all game with the opposition and get the crown buzzing. Drink up e cider, will keep the reg flag flying high. Nothing like that these days. We were embarrassing  to say the least for a derby game

Derby game?

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

The atmosphere was pretty pants I felt, improved as the game went on but it has been pretty shite so far this season compared to some great atmospheres in the last two years.

The deafening shit music being blasted out right up until kick-off doesn’t help the atmosphere. Both sets of fans could just about be heard over the top of it from W16.

Any music (if we must have music) should be turned off as the players come out onto the pitch.

Was in S82 and thought the atmosphere in there was decent,but looking at other parts of the ground,you could see many,many fans just sat there,not so much the south stand,who do give it a go.Could see the Swansea fans clapping but couldn’t hear them.Mind you, if we had scored I think the place would of been rocking,just my opinion mind.

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The deafening shit music being blasted out right up until kick-off doesn’t help the atmosphere. Both sets of fans could just about be heard over the top of it from W16.

Any music (if we must have music) should be turned off as the players come out onto the pitch.

Possibly post of the weekend 

44 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The players requested 7 nations army to walk out to.

Ta -Interesting 

When it was Unfinished Symphany up until the players walked out it was amazing.

Don't think the club understand how to cultivate atmosphere properly.

Spot on , timing is key , by all means ignite or turn up the atmosphere with music but get it off at the right moment and let the fans go.....

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

If you watch (and listen to) Sky highlights, you can’t hear any singing/chanting from either sets of fans, although I suspect that could be because of middle pitch-side microphone placement.

Possibly dubbed crowd noises added to the highlights. What you hear on TV is not necessarily live noise. Horse racing on TV is an example. Even if the horses almost disappear into the distance you can still hear the sound of them galloping along. The TV companies don’t have a man racing after them with a microphone 

47 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Possibly dubbed crowd noises added to the highlights. What you hear on TV is not necessarily live noise. Horse racing on TV is an example. Even if the horses almost disappear into the distance you can still hear the sound of them galloping along. The TV companies don’t have a man racing after them with a microphone 

Isn't there a team somewhere that actually do this during a game?

Archived