Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Upthereds94

Let down by the crowd

Crowd is terrible since new stadium. Very big library. So sad to see, used to have so much having banter with the away fans all game in the eastend andnif I wasnt in there watching the eastend and joining in. It got the crowd buzzing and made a 12th man but swansea(derby) and many other teams make us look silly. What happened?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1
  • Aubergine 6
  • Unicorn 1
  • Hedgehog 1
  • Rovers 27
  • Snake 2

32 minutes ago, Upthereds94 said:

Crowd is terrible since new stadium. Very big library. So sad to see, used to have so much having banter with the away fans all game in the eastend andnif I wasnt in there watching the eastend and joining in. It got the crowd buzzing and made a 12th man but swansea(derby) and many other teams make us look silly. What happened?

First post and utter bullshit 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

39 minutes ago, Upthereds94 said:

Nice try Gas 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Upthereds94 said:

:gasmask: Some help for you - first posts of this nature are usually written "We're coming for you!"   (probably in crayon - if you didn't eat them for dinner)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Something smells..............

out of date fanta , the smell of looming administration .......all in a cloud of gassssssssssssss

#MINDTHECANYON

9 minutes ago, cityal said:

:gasmask: Some help for you - first posts of this nature are usually written "We're coming for you!"   (probably in crayon - if you didn't eat them for dinner)

Line of the month

I doff my cap sir 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upthereds94 said:

What happened? The sight of you knocking one out after apparently hearing thousands of Swansea fans announcing how much they prefer your lot to the City put us off.

We're not as gullible as you bunch of ***** ! :P

• Like 1

His first post  (testing the water,here)..........

"I think the prices doesn't help, the cheapest I could get was 34, include my cider for the day and food and that, looking at 100 (my fault for not buying a season ticket this year and were without our best striker, we also havent been the most dominant in games, quite a few factors, if it was 24 a for every ticket without membership it would had sold out days ago "

Probably our fault for not having a fence to pass a bit of paper through !:cool:

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 1

having banter with the away fans all game in the eastend andnif I wasnt in there watching the eastend and joining in. 

Why would you buy a Season Ticket for the EastEnd and then go and sit somewhere else?

Anyway, I haven’t got a clue if you’re Gas and I’m not too bothered either way mate. What I will do is thank you for bringing up the subject of atmosphere as it gives me an excuse to re-post a ‘tweet’ from a Pompey fan about how shit the support is up at the Mem. If you think it’s bad at AG then be thankful we’ve never had to resort to piping crowd noise through the PA 🤣

B23D1217-B6D5-49FB-BE77-B972F804E77F.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

Please don't try and convince us you've been anywhere near a library.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

A lack of punctuation?

Derby? This post and the way it’s written reminds me of our Pissed up Swedish friend,is it him or a thick as shitter gas

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Derby? This post and the way it’s written reminds me of our Pissed up Swedish friend,is it him or a thick as shitter gas

Thomas is occasionally tired sometimes emotional! Never ever to be compared to a Sag! The bloke spends thousands following City and has contributed to local causes with some generosity! Have some respect!

• Like 16
  • Robin 3

14 hours ago, Upthereds94 said:

Not true . Atmosphere and match day experience and improved dramatically since the new stadium 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bs3 said:

Not true . Atmosphere and match day experience and improved dramatically since the new stadium 

The ‘bold’ bits above are the only things on this thread with which I disagree ...

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The ‘bold’ bits above are the only things on this thread with which I disagree ...

Yep, agreed. Our stadium is much, much better now than it ever was. However, with that, we've lost the atmosphere. We've now got stewards 'guarding' and policing the S82, which is where the only bit of noise comes from. And the club refuse to make that section bigger, so our atmosphere is restricted in my opinion. 

Our stadium has done many things for us. Improving the atmosphere, it has not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Putting the intention of the OP to one side. Like many, many other stadiums in the league the atmosphere is generally poor. 

If you are singing your heart out then I'm not criticising you. There just aren't enough of you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Akira said:

Yep, agreed. Our stadium is much, much better now than it ever was. However, with that, we've lost the atmosphere. We've now got stewards 'guarding' and policing the S82, which is where the only bit of noise comes from. And the club refuse to make that section bigger, so our atmosphere is restricted in my opinion. 

Are the club fully to blame?

SAG, Police etc- maybe the club are restricted in what they can do as well, size of area wise.

I'm not saying that I believe the club are pushing for a bigger area because it possibly suits them a bit? However outside factors maybe key here.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 21/09/2019 at 22:18, Upthereds94 said:

Never mind Gassy, Swansea fans are the latest to tickle your tummy and tell you they like you better than us, quite an achievement that... 

What's the atmosphere like in the tent???

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Thought the atmosphere was good on Saturday, so much better than this time last season.

Since development, I do miss the crowd gathering around the pitch alongside the Dolman towards the end of the game though.

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are the club fully to blame?

SAG, Police etc- maybe the club are restricted in what they can do as well, size of area wise.

I'm not saying that I believe the club are pushing for a bigger area because it possibly suits them a bit? However outside factors maybe key here.

Akira does have a point tho - Imv the singing section should be located behind the SS goal, not tucked away in the corner but as you say there are probably outside factors that stop that happening.

Away fans are able to make themselves heard because of the acoustics in the Atyeo and they’re in the perfect part of AG.

LJ has often tried to encourage as much home songs/chants as possible and I believe he actually made the effort to meet up with some of the singing section - no doubt to say how much a difference noisy home support can make. 

Being in Dolman we often hear ‘is this a library ’ from the away fans in the Atyeo.......I know that I and guys around me find that annoying!

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Akira does have a point tho - Imv the singing section should be located behind the SS goal, not tucked away in the corner but as you say there are probably outside factors that stop that happening.

Away fans are able to make themselves heard because of the acoustics in the Atyeo and they’re in the perfect part of AG.

LJ has often tried to encourage as much home songs/chants as possible and I believe he actually made the effort to meet up with some of the singing section - no doubt to say how much a difference noisy home support can make. 

Being in Dolman we often hear ‘is this a library ’ from the away fans in the Atyeo.......I know that I and guys around me find that annoying!

And yet they make no noise at all.

It is what the club wants so get used to it.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Agree it should be more central, my question is on whether we can feasibly expand. Again however, as you say logistics etc may prevent it being a bit more central as well- plus existing season ticket holders.

I don't think the Atyeo acoustics are/have been all that but appreciate I'm likely in a minority!

I just don't know how well sound travels out of the stands. You get some posters on here based in the Dolman claiming they heard very little from the Swansea fans yet you get other posters saying they heard the Swansea fans quite a bit more. Question whether we have fantastic acoustics full stop?:dunno:

I took a good mate with me on Saturday. He had never been to Ashton Gate before and was not a City fan. He is now.

He was raving about the place and saying things like Prem Club ready. What an atmosphere. Brilliant match day experience.

I know who I would rather believe. Certainly not the opening poster. :yawn:

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agree it should be more central, my question is on whether we can feasibly expand. Again however, as you say logistics etc may prevent it being a bit more central as well- plus existing season ticket holders.

I don't think the Atyeo acoustics are/have been all that but appreciate I'm likely in a minority!

I just don't know how well sound travels out of the stands. You get some posters on here based in the Dolman claiming they heard very little from the Swansea fans yet you get other posters saying they heard the Swansea fans quite a bit more. Question whether we have fantastic acoustics full stop?:dunno:

I’m in what used be ‘B’ block so pretty close to the Atyeo

I must apologise for my own performance on Saturday, I don't know why , but I found it very warm and humid and it definitely affected me as I actually sat down on two occasions. I did join in with some of the chants, especially the 2nd half renditions of Han-Noah Massengo, but for the most part I felt I was "phoning it in". 

I miss the Reading game due to holiday and the Charlton midweek game due to work, so I am hoping that I will return fully fit and refreshed and ready to give my all for the Wigan game. COYR.

• Like 1

I thought the atmosphere was great on Saturday. I could hear both sets of fans throughout, which always helps crank the decibels a bit. I've been to louder, more vociferous games, but can't understand the psoters syaing it was rubbish

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

PSR you’re such a lightweight 😉

And I was looking for support in this difficult time........ :no:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I’ve never been a  ‘sympathetic’ type............😁

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I must apologise for my own performance on Saturday, I don't know why , but I found it very warm and humid and it definitely affected me as I actually sat down on two occasions. I did join in with some of the chants, especially the 2nd half renditions of Han-Noah Massengo, but for the most part I felt I was "phoning it in". 

I miss the Reading game due to holiday and the Charlton midweek game due to work, so I am hoping that I will return fully fit and refreshed and ready to give my all for the Wigan game. COYR.

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The Nathan Baker of the singing fans?

• Rovers 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Exactly. And I totally get that it might not be down to the club, but then at least tell us its not the club who decide. If only we has a SLO who could relay this information... 

10 minutes ago, Akira said:

Exactly. And I totally get that it might not be down to the club, but then at least tell us its not the club who decide. If only we has a SLO who could relay this information... 

Purely a guess here.

It isn't down to the club as such, but also that they aren't necessarily distraught about the outcome- out of their hands but suits them to an extent- some depts more than others?

Sorry- I should've clarified my point a bit, certain depts it would suit very nicely. Others- more police/stewards, more cost? Unreserved seating means <10% capacity IIRC.

Now, forgive me for my ignorance, but why would the club favour NOT having more noise at home? They want us to be the 12th man, but as the same time, dont make it easy for us. You can't have your cake and eat it. We'd all love the gate to be 'A fortress' but a little bit of planning witb the club, and we'd get double the numbers I believe of those singing, if it were feasible, which I believe it is, but does require some work. We've got a great fan base, more and more people want to be part of the atmosphere, but because it's tucked away in a corner, with stewards policing the area etc, it's very hard for this atmosphere to spread as it were. 

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You get some posters on here based in the Dolman claiming they heard very little from the Swansea fans yet you get other posters saying they heard the Swansea fans quite a bit more. 

I suppose that depends on where in the Dolman they are sat, i.e. nearest or furthest from the Atyeo.

I sit in the South Stand and just about heard them singing a song about their fathers' land or something!!

:innocent06:

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

City Fans meeting Mr Johnson?

I'm guessing you opted out..........🙈🙉🙊

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

City Fans meeting Mr Johnson?

I'm guessing you opted out..........🙈🙉🙊

Wtf are you on about? 

Ive met LJ several times but not the occasion he chatted to Singing Section.

It's not like the atmosphere was great before the redevelopment. Sitting in the middle ish of the Dolman I think it is better now than it used to be. You couldn't really hear the Eastend before and you can hear the lot in the corner now.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wtf are you on about? 

Ive met LJ several times but not the occasion he chatted to Singing Section.

Sorry, can't reply. I'm trying to ignore you like you suggested 😂😂😂

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Akira said:

Sorry but the atmosphere has never been great at Ashton Gate and the crowd traditionally one of the quietest, it was when I saw my first game, oddly enough against Rovers in the FA Cup, in 1968, and is now. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fatknacker said:

Sorry but the atmosphere has never been great at Ashton Gate and the crowd traditionally one of the quietest, it was when I saw my first game, oddly enough against Rovers in the FA Cup, in 1968, and is now. 

Traditionally? 

Having been to many, many grounds I'd say its pretty average. 

2 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Very oddly indeed, what on earth are you talking about? 

Over the five decades I've been going to City games Ashton Gate has often been cited by opposition players and managers as one of the more intimidating and partisan crowds. In relatively recent times the pre-redevelopment East End was regularly mentioned by visiting fans as a seriously raucous and loud home end.

Currently I think the atmosphere is pretty decent. Nothing like the 70s and 80s but generally a louder home crowd than a lot of other championship clubs, not to mention league one clubs, Bristol Rovers for example 

• Like 3