Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

City oz

PNE away

Just looking at some history, 

• first game 1901 draw 0-0.
  • Biggest win for City 4-0 1985 Division 3.
  • Biggest loss 5-0 . 2017 the Championship.
  • Never played them in the old Division 1. ( next season we could both be in the prem ) wishful thinking though for PNE 
  • My prediction next week is a 3 - 3 draw with Diedhiou scoring 2 and Weimann getting 1. Keeping the unbeaten run going and only wish it was on Foxtel in OZ as it will be an entertaining and very close one for sure.

Come on you REDS.

• Like 1

4 of us going up early Saturday, hope the Catholic club has some new beer on, it's like Phoenix ******* nights in there.

Might buy a ticket for the meat raffle this year.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

4 of us going up early Saturday, hope the Catholic club has some new beer on, it's like Phoenix ******* nights in there.

Might buy a ticket for the meat raffle this year.

Have a safe trip up and I hope its worth it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Is it likely to be potd?going for the weekend watching joe morrell play against Blackpool on Friday.

Yep it will be potd, I think the stand holds something like 5k so there’ll be no rush for tickets.

Got mine yesterday along with Brentford, my first trip to deepdale so hoping for a good result!

Just bought 3 tickets. 280 left, so only about 400 sold so far. Our run of no wins against this lot must surely come to and end at some point 🤞🤞COYR😎

two of us on the 7.30 train out of TM. A customer of my pub knows one of their players family well, good friends with Paul Bodin through the Somerset FA. 7.15 train back gets into TM in time for a pint  and falcon bus back to rooks bridge at 11.30. Hopefully still be some customers in to finish the day off.

• Like 2

This will be a test of how good our current side is. Preston are buzzing atm and have some very good players. We'll have to be at our best.

Given the amount of away day hoodoos we broke last season this is a certain 3 points for us!

*dear visiting PNE fan, please don’t print and post this to the club so they can do that proverbial ‘stick it on the wall for motivation’ thing.

31 minutes ago, grubby said:

two of us on the 7.30 train out of TM. A customer of my pub knows one of their players family well, good friends with Paul Bodin through the Somerset FA. 7.15 train back gets into TM in time for a pint  and falcon bus back to rooks bridge at 11.30. Hopefully still be some customers in to finish the day off.

Do you mean Billy Bodin?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Preston play Man City on Tuesday evening do hopefully they'll put out a decent side and pick up a few injuries/red card and be hammered or taken to penalties. 

I noticed that....not the worst thing on the world is it?

It'll be interesting to see how we set up against Preston.

They actively encourage crosses into their box as they deal with them so well. They find crosses easy to deal with it seems. The man mountain of a German at CB eats them up with ease.

I'll be surprised if Eliasson and Famara start. 

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

They actively encourage crosses into their box as they deal with them so well. They find crosses easy to deal with it seems. The man mountain of a German at CB eats them up with ease.

Sounds like it could be similar to yesterday, maybe with a tweak. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Sounds like it could be similar to yesterday, maybe with a tweak. 

I think we may match their 4231

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think we may match their 4231

I meant in as much as smaller, busy more mobile players. Last year Semenyo had a nice little cameo, but maybe Weimann as the furthest forward and KP in behind, possibly with Szmodics and COD running off. I still think that Fam will start, though after yesterday it's clearly not so nailed on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I meant in as much as smaller, busy more mobile players. Last year Semenyo had a nice little cameo, but maybe Weimann as the furthest forward and KP in behind, possibly with Szmodics and COD running off. I still think that Fam will start, though after yesterday it's clearly not so nailed on.

Exactly my thoughts too.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

If it’s because the CB is tall, are they still happy letting in low whipped crosses like Atletico Madrid a few seasons ago? It was bizarre the extent to which they would concede balls into the box due to the ease with which Godin and co would defend them - absolute masters of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grubby said:

two of us on the 7.30 train out of TM. A customer of my pub knows one of their players family well, good friends with Paul Bodin through the Somerset FA. 7.15 train back gets into TM in time for a pint  and falcon bus back to rooks bridge at 11.30. Hopefully still be some customers in to finish the day off.

Don’t mention this then .... he could have sent Wales to the 1994 World Cup ... it’s at 07:25 secs ... (or did you mean Bill?)

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Indeed, but you seem to have omitted around ten clubs from his CV?!

I couldn’t remember them....and knew if I missed 10 off it was better than missing 1 with you around 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I couldn’t remember them....and knew if I missed 10 off it was better than missing 1 with you around 😂😂😂

Bath, Newport, Cardiff, Palace, Newcastle, Chelsea, Wycombe, Reading, Merthyr Tydfil, Swindon - off the top of my head! It may not have been ten that you missed! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@BS4 on Tour... see post #12 👀

Paul Bodin had a mixed career, Bath City, Newport....then Wales.

think he scored for Bath City against city in the fa cup at Ashton Gate in 1980s. did they win 1nil?

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t mention this then .... he could have sent Wales to the 1994 World Cup ... it’s at 07:25 secs ... (or did you mean Bill?

He knows the family very well and it was Paul he knew through his Somerset fa work and it's his son Billy who's invited him and a guest to Deepdale. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattWSM said:

think he scored for Bath City against city in the fa cup at Ashton Gate in 1980s. did they win 1nil?

Drew 1-1 and the replay was also played at Aston Gate iirc as it was back in the day when the home side could give up home advantage if they could make more money from the game being played away...I thin we won the replay 3-0

• Like 2

7 hours ago, grubby said:

The family as a whole through Paul bodin of Wales is Billy's father. 

....and in fairness I’d completely forgotten that!  Doh!!!!

13 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Train prices are coming out at £114 return to wsm - anyone else got a better price?

Try split ticket, comes out at £83 on there

On 22/09/2019 at 07:21, City oz said:

Just looking at some history, 

• first game 1901 draw 0-0.
  • Biggest win for City 4-0 1985 Division 3.
  • Biggest loss 5-0 . 2017 the Championship.
  • Never played them in the old Division 1. ( next season we could both be in the prem ) wishful thinking though for PNE 
  • My prediction next week is a 3 - 3 draw with Diedhiou scoring 2 and Weimann getting 1. Keeping the unbeaten run going and only wish it was on Foxtel in OZ as it will be an entertaining and very close one for sure.

Come on you REDS.

Diedhiou scoring two 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Redwhitepurple
Edit
  • Like 1

We aint got a win against them in the last 12 matches.

We last won against them in 2011.

Edited by Riaz

It’s going to be a bit of a battle and a draw is a good result. Hoping Nagy is back and we can line up 

Bentley

Moore. Williams. Baker

Pereira.                             Rowe

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Weimann Diedhiou

subs

Maenpaa, Hunt, COD, Elliason, Palmer, Semenyo, Szmodics 

My main concern is might be best to start Semenyo over Diedhiou as Fam won’t get any change from Bauer but that’s obviously a risk. 

Edited by RedDave

33 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s going to be a bit of a battle and a draw is a good result. Hoping Nagy is back and we can line up 

Bentley

Moore. Williams. Baker

Pereira.                             Rowe

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Weimann Diedhiou

subs

Maenpaa, Hunt, COD, Elliason, Palmer, Semenyo, Szmodics 

My main concern is might be best to start Semenyo over Diedhiou as Fam won’t get any change from Bauer but that’s obviously a risk. 

Why drop hunt?

17 hours ago, spudski said:

Dealing with crosses last season was a massive problem for us, but as you say we have improved at it.

It sometimes depends on the opposition, but yes Neil does seem to like to tuck in the full backs when we are defending and defend the cross rather than stopping it. He said himself after Brentford that it was done by design even though the crowd were getting a bit nervy about the crosses coming in. As said though it can depend on who we're playing.

It didn't really work last season because our main aerial presence at the back, Huntington, went into decline and Rudd had a poor season and wasn't commanding at all. Jordan Storey seemed decent in the air last season when he came into the side, but the addition of Bauer in the summer has hugely improved us aerially at the back, and Rudd has improved a bit in nets thanks to a new, more experienced goalkeeping coach coming in.

• Like 1

Should be quite an interesting game.

Would it be fair to say PNE play a bit more football this season @pnefcok ? That could provide us with both a threat to us defensively and an opportunity pushing up- Deepdale looks a fortress this season for you, 12 points from 12- would take a point tbh.

For us, Palmer behind Weimann IMO- a 3-5-1-1 could even be interesting. Diedhiou I just don't know..

23 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Why drop hunt?

Their weakest side is their left. Pereira’s sheer pace can cause them issues and be a key attacking area for us I reckon. 

7 hours ago, weepywall said:

Drew 1-1 and the replay was also played at Aston Gate iirc as it was back in the day when the home side could give up home advantage if they could make more money from the game being played away...I thin we won the replay 3-0

Think we were 1 down for a long while weren’t we ?

We had a few close shaves against Non League in those days !

I think bath scored with a few minutes left?

Are you thinking of vs rubgy bob?

Both games were played at ashton gate i recall.

I think graham withey was playing for bath?

I think they drew or knocked stoke out the cup a few years later?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think bath scored with a few minutes left?

Are you thinking of vs rubgy bob?

Both games were played at ashton gate i recall.

I think graham withey was playing for bath?

I think they drew or knocked stoke out the cup a few years later?

You may well be right Louie :thumbsup:

I remember us making hard work of it !

And VS Rugby .....blimey......yes !   Good recall

Not what I would necessarily do myself but I predict going back to 4141, if Nagy is fit. 

Bentley

Hunt. Moore Williams Rowe

Nagy

Brownhill  Massengo

Weimann.               O'Dowda 

Diedhiou

We won a lot with this kind of set up last season. Defence is worse but midfield much better. So it would be interesting to see all 3 mobile more complete midfielders making that triangle of a 3.

Last season it was usually Pack sitting, Brownhill and Pato more advanced. I'd say any of them, but probably Nagy sitting and Brownhill and Massengo more advanced in a 3 is a massive improvement.

We always lose the midfield battle against Preston but I'd fancy those 3 to win it this time.

We have also seen better performances from those front 3 when playing away. It's not what I'd do, but I predict it's what LJ might go back to for this one game. It's a tough one and this looks mainly a solid side.

• Like 2