IGNORED

Not so Super Cooper in a Stupor?

maxjak

I see that the Swansea manager intends to appeal the Bidwell sending off, as he feels it was a yellow, and only a sliding tackle?  Must admit thatI have never seen a sliding tackle performed 2 inches above the ground, so that is quite unusual?   I seem to remember the Stoke manager stating that he also intended to appeal Allens assault last week, but funnily enough he changed his mind under advisement.  I seem to feel that Cooperman might have a change of mind after rewatching the video and reading the referees report?  He also felt that Swansea played like the home team, and should have won?.........what a gracious fellow?  Though some also might say,  delusional?

It doesn’t have to be high anymore to be a red. It was reckless and out of control and the rules have terminology similar to that when talking about what is a red card offence. Some refs take that seriously and others do not

Personally at that time of the game and what was I think a fair match meaning there weren’t many bad challenges and never looked dirty from either side, I think I would have given him a yellow. That said, think there is enough in it to not be overturned. 

Not sure what he is complaining about tbh. He is within his rights to think it was a yellow but I’d be amazed if they overturned it. 

Falls into the serious foul category AFAIC. Bidwell was completely out-of-control as he slid in at speed and Eliasson could've been badly injured had it fully connected. 

Perhaps Cooper should be happy that Ayew and Byers didn't receive caution for simulation after both tried to feign head injuries to make innocuous fouls seem more serious.

It was a professional  foul, or attempt at it, ball knock well past him before he lunges, and his foot was raised. Red for me. Just seen another angle of TM  in the first half, could have gone too, got a yellow because of the Refs angle I guess. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Falls into the serious foul category AFAIC. Bidwell was completely out-of-control as he slid in at speed and Eliasson could've been badly injured had it fully connected. 

Perhaps Cooper should be happy that Ayew and Byers didn't receive caution for simulation after both tried to feign head injuries to make innocuous fouls seem more serious.

It was definitely not as bad as Allen’s last week.....

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

I don’t think he was out of control; he actually had time to deliberately lift his foot to trip Eliasson. So cynical yes, dangerous no. Hence yellow in my book.

....but I wonder whether the lift up contributed to the red.

Probably by letter of law a red card....but I suppose we see worse unpunished.

I thought the ref was anomalously good yesterday...,perhaps that’s because he blended in with a Swans kit.  Perhaps with a name like Harrington, he should’ve worn black with a red tartan trim! ?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I see that the Swansea manager intends to appeal the Bidwell sending off, as he feels it was a yellow, and only a sliding tackle?  Must admit thatI have never seen a sliding tackle performed 2 inches above the ground, so that is quite unusual?   I seem to remember the Stoke manager stating that he also intended to appeal Allens assault last week, but funnily enough he changed his mind under advisement.  I seem to feel that Cooperman might have a change of mind after rewatching the video and reading the referees report?  He also felt that Swansea played like the home team, and should have won?.........what a gracious fellow?  Though some also might say,  delusional?

Bloke's a ***, end of !

18 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I'm guessing it will get overturned and Elliason will get a two match ban for unsportsmanlike behaviour. It wasn't unsportsmanlike behaviour but I am aware that the powers that be view these incidents through very strange spectacles designed to show opponents of Bristol City in the best possible light.

Whether it was a yellow or red it was definitely a foul and Niclas was definitely tripped. 

One thing he didn't do was roll around clutching his head when he went down like some Swansea players did at any encouragement. You can always tell the clubs that've been in the PL recently by this sort of theatrics.

I also didn’t like the way the Swansea players fell over and rolled around on the floor at any opportunity. 

As for the red card, it didn’t seem an overly dangerous foul (like Allen’s last week) so my first instinct was that he’d be given a yellow. However, it was cynical and deliberate so they can’t really complain about it being red.

I was concerned that Taylor Moore might be sent off for his lunge in the first half , but with his foul the main difference was that he was late rather than it being deliberate (although I haven’t seen it again yet on the highlights so might be wrong). 

48 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Whether it was a yellow or red it was definitely a foul and Niclas was definitely tripped. 

One thing he didn't do was roll around clutching his head when he went down like some Swansea players did at any encouragement. You can always tell the clubs that've been in the PL recently by this sort of theatrics.

Also a lot of snidey shirt pulling

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Will city be playing like this next season?

I didn’t think it was especially violent, but it was exceptionally cynical, as Eliasson had flown past him into a big inviting space. Very, very deliberate and late - not mistimed.

Taylor Moore’s looked very similar, but was, I think mistimed and not a professional foul. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It was definitely not as bad as Allen’s last week.....

....but I wonder whether the lift up contributed to the red.

Probably by letter of law a red card....but I suppose we see worse unpunished.

I thought the ref was anomalously good yesterday...,perhaps that’s because he blended in with a Swans kit.  Perhaps with a name like Harrington, he should’ve worn black with a red tartan trim! ?

Yep, funny that the only thing I think he got wrong was the opposition’s red card ?

I see that Swansea"s appeal against Bidwells Red Card was rejected by the FA. What a shock?  What I don't understand?, I was under the impression that if a spurious appeal was made, that an extra game ban was added?  Namely instead of a 3 game suspension, it became four?   Is this not the case?

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I see that Swansea"s appeal against Bidwells Red Card was rejected by the FA. What a shock?  What I don't understand?, I was under the impression that if a spurious appeal was made, that an extra game ban was added?  Namely instead of a 3 game suspension, it became four?   Is this not the case?

I thought the risk with an appeal is that they could increase the sanction, but I hadn't heard that was an automatic thing.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Only if the appeal is declared as being "frivolous" - AKA when the F.A. feel the club is taking the piss appealing 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, TBW said:

Swansea fans on Twitter furious it wasn't overturned. Saying they can't understand at all how it's not been changed.

Let's be honest judging by those I witnessed last Saturday I think many of theme would struggle with the basics of life not alone the rules of football 

2 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

Bidwell’s was a yellow all day long for me. Moore’s was a straight red if anything.

Both red. Bidwell went right through the player, the ball isn't there to be played. You take the player, you take a red.

44 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I thought the risk with an appeal is that they could increase the sanction, but I hadn't heard that was an automatic thing.

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Only if the appeal is declared as being "frivolous" - AKA when the F.A. feel the club is taking the piss appealing 

Correct.  Often clubs would appeal, because it meant a delay before it could get heard, meaning the player could play next game.  The frivolous rule was brought in to combat that.  Nowadays appeal the. hearing has to be quicker to ensure next game isn’t impacted.

Archived