IGNORED

Massive positives from injuries...

OldlandReddies

Korey gets injured and Brownhill steps up. Jay gets injured and in comes Tommy who would have been a bench warmer. Wright/Kalas get injured and in comes Taylor who would have been sent out on loan. Nagy gets injured and Han comes in instead of getting time in under 23's. Benik gets injured and Sammy/Semenyo get more game time. We will be a lot stronger for all these injuries and when they come back it'll be like having signed super quality players.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Korey gets injured and Brownhill steps up. Jay gets injured and in comes Tommy who would have been a bench warmer. Wright/Kalas get injured and in comes Taylor who would have been sent out on loan. Nagy gets injured and Han comes in instead of getting time in under 23's. Benik gets injured and Sammy/Semenyo get more game time. We will be a lot stronger for all these injuries and when they come back it'll be like having signed super quality players.

Dasilva getting injured and being replaced by someone a fair bit worse is a massive positive? Disagree 

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Dasilva getting injured and being replaced by someone a fair bit worse is a massive positive? Disagree 

Do not agree that Rowe is a fair bit worse than Dasilva. That does Rowe a disservice in my opinion. Rowe is a better defender than Dasilva. Dasilva is a better offensive player than Rowe. 

Good points from the OP. On Rowe I don't think we have to agree that he's a better left sided defender than DaSilva to appreciate him, what seems apparent is that he's perfectly competent in the position and importantly a real leader. He already feels a natural member of the squad. He's impressed me. What a great player to have around the first team.

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

That wasn't my point. The point is, all the players that have come in have gained valuable game time and experience which they wouldn't have otherwise. We are a stronger squad for it. God help the rest of the division when the injured players are fit again.

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

That wasn't my point. The point is, all the players that have come in have gained valuable game time and experience which they wouldn't have otherwise. We are a stronger squad for it. God help the rest of the division when the injured players are fit again.

Fair enough. I wouldn’t say god help the rest though with Afobe out. Our only irreplaceable player 

14 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Do not agree that Rowe is a fair bit worse than Dasilva. That does Rowe a disservice in my opinion. Rowe is a better defender than Dasilva. Dasilva is a better offensive player than Rowe. 

It doesn’t mean I think Rowe is rubbish if I think he’s a fair bit worse than Dasilva.  Dasilva is a super player who will play in the premier league. Rowe is a lower league player doing very well this season. 

29 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Great post

37 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Is definitely a view.

On the flip side, no injuries and we’re currently top of the league in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not gonna debate the merits, abilities of both, but Rowe’s contributions so far this season has been fantastic.  In tangible things, 2 goals, both equalisers, plus being brought down for a penalty is pretty decent in 8 starts for a guy playing in a position he hasn’t played tonnes in.

Then add the intangible stuff like experience, versatility etc and you gave a good, dependable players who’s fitted in immediately.  He played LWB, LCB and LB yesterday.  Might get some minutes in his best position at some point! ?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not gonna debate the merits, abilities of both, but Rowe’s contributions so far this season has been fantastic.  In tangible things, 2 goals, both equalisers, plus being brought down for a penalty is pretty decent in 8 starts for a guy playing in a position he hasn’t played tonnes in.

Then add the intangible stuff like experience, versatility etc and you gave a good, dependable players who’s fitted in immediately.  He played LWB, LCB and LB yesterday.  Might get some minutes in his best position at some point! ?

I agree. He’s still a fair bit worse than Dasilva 

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That fact that only the injury to Afobe has really hurt us reflects the strength and depth within the squad.

LJ has built a very decent squad.

Careful Evil Twin. Sensible posts like that will lose you your status as the board's favourite WUM/Troll.  ;)

Our squad is deep. That is clear. The OP is quite right. Rowe on a free has been the non buy of the season at this level and has played very well. (Reminder to self use the new option that stops me seeing quotes from people on ignore)

I was thinking that myself that some of these guys will be back soon others a bit longer. Afobe is the big blow. Semenyo is the obvious choice as the moving striker. It’s about how you work that in. 

For me Weimann starts every time it’s always about where. Sometimes that will depend who we play

Everybody has stepped up to compensate those key injuries and full credit to them for that but it is hard not to think that without them we’d be better placed and watching more attractive football to boot.

Anyhow it is what it is and I am delighted with what’s happening at the club and despite these set backs we are on the march.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Only downside, if he continues playing the way he is, and we don't go up...is Messengo could be another Webster ??

Maybe not next summer if we don’t go up but this lad is certainly something special and he’ll only get better the more he plays.

I noticed against both Boro and the Jacks that he was targeted for some very ‘industrial’ attention and that kind of treatment is usually reserved for players that have proved themselves to be a serious danger over several seasons.

His reputation is already growing..............

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe not next summer if we don’t go up but this lad is certainly something special and he’ll only get better the more he plays.

I noticed against both Boro and the Jacks that he was targeted for some very ‘industrial’ attention and that kind of treatment is usually reserved for players that have proved themselves to be a serious danger over several seasons.

His reputation is already growing..............

Which is why I worry about PNE next Saturday with that thug Pearson.

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

I have to disagree, I can’t see any positive that are best players being sidelined by injuries.

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

that is where rowe or Williams need to step in and give pearson a bit of the wilbs treatment he used to dish out when joe bryan was taking a battering

They do. Wilbs was a master at it. Let them have one and then mark their card a few minutes later when they think they`ve got away with it and the ref`s not looking.

Tommy`s great at the shithousing too (as is Jack Hunt). For about the first time in recent years Pearson might not have it all his own way against us hopefully. Mind you, from what I remember from that dire shitshow against them at AG last season, he spent most of the game on his arse moaning to the ref.

4 hours ago, BCFC1959 said:

I think you do a disservice to Rowe offensively, given he already has two goals and has won a pen. Would DaSilva have contributed more than that after 8 games? Maybe, maybe not...

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think you do a disservice to Rowe offensively, given he already has two goals and has won a pen. Would DaSilva have contributed more than that after 8 games? Maybe, maybe not...

Good point, think with Rowe his end product will be consistent whereas Dasilva will provide the flashier moments with his skill, touch and pace.

Archived