IGNORED

Massive positives from injuries...

OldlandReddies

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think you do a disservice to Rowe offensively, given he already has two goals and has won a pen. Would DaSilva have contributed more than that after 8 games? Maybe, maybe not...

Yes. He would have contributed absolutely loads more than Rowe offensively imo. Surely we can't forget how amazing Dasilva is on the ball in tight spaces. What a dribbler he is and crosser of the ball he is too. And how well he gets up and down the line. So quick and sharp.

Rowe in comparison very basic when getting forward imo. Rowe has scored one goal from left back and won a pen which is good, of course. But he really has not been getting forward much or when he does he hasn't been getting many balls in the box or contributing much in attacking play.

Strangely his best performance was yesterday when he moved to centre back. And he also looked better going forward from that position too than when he's right out on the left touchline.

I'm not saying Rowe is bad player. I actually think he'd be much better in centre mid. But just comparing him and Dasilva, imo Dasilva is a different level.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes. He would have contributed absolutely loads more than Rowe offensively imo. Surely we can't forget how amazing Dasilva is on the ball in tight spaces. What a dribbler he is and crosser of the ball he is too. And how well he gets up and down the line. So quick and sharp.

Rowe in comparison very basic when getting forward imo. Rowe has scored one goal from left back and won a pen which is good, of course. But he really has not been getting forward much or when he does he hasn't been getting many balls in the box or contributing much in attacking play.

Strangely his best performance was yesterday when he moved to centre back. And he also looked better going forward from that position too than when he's right out on the left touchline.

I'm not saying Rowe is bad player. I actually think he'd be much better in centre mid. But just comparing him and Dasilva, imo Dasilva is a different level.

I think what me and @Kid in the Riot are saying is that in final reckonings of the things that ultimately matter, e.g. goals and assists, he’s done remarkably well.  That is all we are saying.

its cushioned the blow of not having Dasilva.  Jay is a lovely footballer, undoubtedly, but we haven’t quite seen the end product just yet in his fledgling career with us. 

It’s tough to agree with you when you say he hasn’t contributed much in attacking play, when he’s burst into the box for an equaliser v Brum, and inside the 6 yard box to get brought down v Hull.  Yes, he’d moved into midfield for his headed equaliser v Boro.  I’ll think you’ll find from LWB he’s quite intense at the far post hoping to get in the end of things.

You need to remember that we aren’t playing such a possession based game this season also, and this will reflect on interpretations of Rowe v Dasilva.  Add in Rowe’s shithousery too, that’s a bonus too.

I’m surprised at the “understatement” of Rowe by you and @RedDave.....but hey-ho, all about opinions....but majority on here think he’s been a very, very good signing, playing a key role, and playing it well.  Not the bit part many expected.

Brownhill was signed with the view of him playing. He'd have gotten time, injury to Smith or not.

Rowe, as good as he's been I'd rather he be a bench warmer.

Taylor Moore played before Kalas got injured.

We didn't spend £2m+ on Massengo to send him to the U23s. He literally came here to get first team football.

There are positives in terms of some players getting more game time than expected.

However, the negatives are outweighing the positives because we are now playing without at least five of our strongest / best members of the squad.

Korey Smith, Tomas Kalas, Jay Dasilva, Benik Afobe and Adam Nagy. Add to them, Bailey Wright, Marley Watkins who appears to be a permanent fixture in the treatment room, Janneh. And now we could also be without Nathan Baker?

We did well to get a point against Swansea but with those who are injured, fit and in the side, surely we would have won against a busy Swansea side but one wich appears to lack any striking power. 

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think what me and @Kid in the Riot are saying is that in final reckonings of the things that ultimately matter, e.g. goals and assists, he’s done remarkably well.  That is all we are saying.

its cushioned the blow of not having Dasilva.  Jay is a lovely footballer, undoubtedly, but we haven’t quite seen the end product just yet in his fledgling career with us. 

It’s tough to agree with you when you say he hasn’t contributed much in attacking play, when he’s burst into the box for an equaliser v Brum, and inside the 6 yard box to get brought down v Hull.  Yes, he’d moved into midfield for his headed equaliser v Boro.  I’ll think you’ll find from LWB he’s quite intense at the far post hoping to get in the end of things.

You need to remember that we aren’t playing such a possession based game this season also, and this will reflect on interpretations of Rowe v Dasilva.  Add in Rowe’s shithousery too, that’s a bonus too.

I’m surprised at the “understatement” of Rowe by you and @RedDave.....but hey-ho, all about opinions....but majority on here think he’s been a very, very good signing, playing a key role, and playing it well.  Not the bit part many expected.

I can’t see where I have understated him but he is not bit part due to an injury. If Dasilva hadn’t have got injured then Rowe would barely have played. 

Dasilva is better than Rowe and can’t believe anyone would disagree 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I'm just answering kid in the riots question about would Dasilva have offered more offensively than Rowe. Imo Dasilva is probably the best offensive left back in the division so surely he'd have done a better job than Rowe.

9 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

They do. Wilbs was a master at it. Let them have one and then mark their card a few minutes later when they think they`ve got away with it and the ref`s not looking.

Tommy`s great at the shithousing too (as is Jack Hunt). For about the first time in recent years Pearson might not have it all his own way against us hopefully. Mind you, from what I remember from that dire shitshow against them at AG last season, he spent most of the game on his arse moaning to the ref.

The whole Preston team rolled around play acting all game I won't repeat what I said to their squad on the way out of the lansdown that day then our steward pipped up, told him where to go in all??

16 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Korey gets injured and Brownhill steps up. Jay gets injured and in comes Tommy who would have been a bench warmer. Wright/Kalas get injured and in comes Taylor who would have been sent out on loan. Nagy gets injured and Han comes in instead of getting time in under 23's. Benik gets injured and Sammy/Semenyo get more game time. We will be a lot stronger for all these injuries and when they come back it'll be like having signed super quality players.

Do you really think Massengo was signed to play for the U23's?

Archived