IGNORED

Arsenal Villa

Unan

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

I don’t get the obsession with Villa. Can’t understand it. A few of their fans are idiots same as any other club, including ours. 

Totally fair point, but some people do not like Villa.

FT Arsenal 3-2 Villa

6 minutes ago, knewtropics said:

Looks like Villa have thrown away their lead against Arsenal, playing against 10 men for the majority of the game, 3-2 down with 2 minutes left.

I can't tell you how upset I am when Villa lose. Actually I can, not at all!

Perhaps the PL could change the rules so Villa can exchange their ground for points instead of money this time?

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don’t get the obsession with Villa. Can’t understand it. A few of their fans are idiots same as any other club, including ours. 

They are in the PL solely on the back of selling their ground to avoid FFP penalties, the EFL having obligingly changed the rules to benefit badly run big clubs. The modern twist on financial doping.

As to their fans, they have a sense of entitlement that makes Forest fans look endearingly modest.

38 minutes ago, knewtropics said:

Looks like Villa have thrown away their lead against Arsenal, playing against 10 men for the majority of the game, 3-2 down with 2 minutes left.

Edit: 5 minutes injury time, don't let this come back to bite me..

I was happy with this, won me over £900!

32 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They are in the PL solely on the back of selling their ground to avoid FFP penalties, the EFL having obligingly changed the rules to benefit badly run big clubs. The modern twist on financial doping.

As to their fans, they have a sense of entitlement that makes Forest fans look endearingly modest.

You must hate a hell of a lot of clubs 

27 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You must hate a hell of a lot of clubs

I certainly hate the reckless and cynical behaviour some clubs indulge in. The very same people who shed crocodile tears over the demise of Bury actively seek to encourage financial mismanagement that could jeopardise the future of other clubs by introducing rules that allow them to game the system.

What happens to Villa as an institution for instance if they are relegated, having spent what must amount to something like £200m when agents' and signing on fees plus wages are included, and they can't sell their ground again?

Love the game, hate the business and all that.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

You don’t but others do. Just let it go. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

I think Villa do have a particularly unlikeable fan base. Even my mate who supports them thinks they have a unusually large percentage of *********. 

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Shall we just say that for everything Tom and then we can shut the forum down

I honestly don’t know what your issue is, the part of the forum is titled ‘Football Chat’. It’s Arsenal v Villa, a football match as the forum title says.

And having seen the title of the thread, what threw you so much that you clicked on something to be surprised by what it was about?

11 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I honestly don’t know what your issue is, the part of the forum is titled ‘Football Chat’. It’s Arsenal v Villa, a football match as the forum title says.

And having seen the title of the thread, what threw you so much that you clicked on something to be surprised by what it was about?

I wondered why Some city fans are obsessed with villa. Read the thread. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

And?

Why bother trolling? It's a thread about a football match. Whilst I support Bristol City, I do enjoy watching other games as neutrals, as do many others. This leads to discussions and topics, other than city. This forum really would be boring if it was only city chat allowed. 

Stop trolling and get in on the topic/debate. 

14 minutes ago, Akira said:

Why bother trolling? It's a thread about a football match. Whilst I support Bristol City, I do enjoy watching other games as neutrals, as do many others. This leads to discussions and topics, other than city. This forum really would be boring if it was only city chat allowed. 

Stop trolling and get in on the topic/debate. 

Tried to create a debate about fans hating other teams but don’t worry about it.

So many accuse others of trolling nowadays to shut down debate. It’s a shame as this forum can be good for conversation at times 

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Tried to create a debate about fans hating other teams but don’t worry about it.

So many accuse others of trolling nowadays to shut down debate. It’s a shame as this forum can be good for conversation at times 

You tried to create debate? Your 1st comment was “and?”...

what sort of debate does that start? It’s a sarcastic reply.

Your 3rd post was more of a debate starter. If you want a debate, have a think about how you start it and you might get some interesting conversations going.

47 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It's not about hating other teams, it's probably more about enjoying watching other teams fail. I enjoy Cardiff, rovers, Leeds failing. Villa are another team many people enjoy losing. 

If you're not interested, don't post in the thread! Responding with comments such as 'And?' is ridiculous, when the OP has made a thread about a football game, in a football forum. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

So create a thread for that instead of doing a shitty Robbored impression and attempting to stop this thread from being what it was about.

Archived