IGNORED

Arsenal Villa

Unan

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Shall we just say that for everything Tom and then we can shut the forum down

Well, no. 

The thread is created to begin the debate. You have advocated closing the debate altogether by suggesting that the subject matter is not to your liking. 

51 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So create a thread for that instead of doing a shitty Robbored impression and attempting to stop this thread from being what it was about.

51 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, no. 

The thread is created to begin the debate. You have advocated closing the debate altogether by suggesting that the subject matter is not to your liking. 

The thread said Villa lost. We all know villa lost.  Shall we debate that villa lost? The poster clearly just put the thread up to highlight the result, nothing more.  

22 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The thread said Villa lost. We all know villa lost.  Shall we debate that villa lost? The poster clearly just put the thread up to highlight the result, nothing more.  

So what?

The thread was about a football match.

On the football forum.

The thread title made it very clear what the topic was about.

You just couldn't help but to enter the thread to try and antagonise...

If it doesn't interest you, don't click the bloody thread, that's not a difficult concept to put into place is it now?

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So what?

The thread was about a football match.

On the football forum.

The thread title made it very clear what the topic was about.

You just couldn't help but to enter the thread to try and antagonise...

If it doesn't interest you, don't click the bloody thread, that's not a difficult concept to put into place is it now?

Let’s just make a thread for all the results shall we.

Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-1. Might start a thread!

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

I didn't know that they had lost - hadn't checked for yesterday's results.

Many thanks all :clapping:

12 hours ago, RedSA said:

I think Villa do have a particularly unlikeable fan base. Even my mate who supports them thinks they have a unusually large percentage of *********. 

I know 2 Villa fans, before a ball was kicked this season one of them thinks they will be top 4 within 2 seasons and other one thought they would be top 6 this season. I would personally be delighted if they get relegated especially if the likes of Norwich or Sheff U manage to stay up.

Not forgetting the ones I met in Birmingham when we played them - who were exactly the same as the 2 I know.

Usually I will cheer a promoted side and especially away to one of the big boys, shocks all good. Norwich beating Man City- excellent, Sheffield United drawing at Chelsea even a transitional Chelsea from 2-0 down, great stuff.

There is but one exception- this lot.

Hope anyone and everyone beat them this year- v 10 men, 1-0 and 2-1 up away from home vs a defensively flaky Arsenal- great stuff, still lost!

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

How was that then?

You seem to know the details.

Stringing us along for a considerable length of time and trying to convey the illusion that they used a thoroughly professional system to decide where best to send their player for the season, when in reality a mate of their manager expressed interest at the last minute and EN was suddenly Leeds United bound.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Stringing us along for a considerable length of time and trying to convey the illusion that they used a thoroughly professional system to decide where best to send their player for the season, when in reality a mate of their manager expressed interest at the last minute and EN was suddenly Leeds United bound.

So you know for an absolute fact that it was 100% down to Arsenal, and the player had no say?

There was a German side that was just as likely as we were to get Nketiah before Leeds stepped in anyway.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So you know for an absolute fact that it was 100% down to Arsenal, and the player had no say?

There was a German side that was just as likely as we were to get Nketiah before Leeds stepped in anyway.

I have at no point stated that it was 100% down to Arsenal. But Arsenal had far more than a 50% say in the matter so they are not exonerated from the debacle that followed. Had the German club secured his services for the season that would've been fair enough as they were interested and following the correct channels for as long as we were. The fact that two clubs, who followed the procedures set out by Arsenal, were then usurped by a club who entered the chase very late in the day simply because the usurper was a personal friend of Emery, speaks volumes as to the bullcrap spouted by Arsenal regarding the methodical manner and many processes that are undertaken to determine a loanee's best location. 

The fact that EN is always on the bench for Leeds is another sign that the methodical, professional process they claim to have employed is utter bullcrap. 

The proof of the pudding will come over time when it is observed that City no longer attempt to loan players from Arsenal. Something they would still do if Arsenal were entirely innocent as apologists like yourself would have us believe.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

I have at no point stated that it was 100% down to Arsenal. But Arsenal had far more than a 50% say in the matter so they are not exonerated from the debacle that followed. Had the German club secured his services for the season that would've been fair enough as they were interested and following the correct channels for as long as we were. The fact that two clubs, who followed the procedures set out by Arsenal, were then usurped by a club who entered the chase very late in the day simply because the usurper was a personal friend of Emery, speaks volumes as to the bullcrap spouted by Arsenal regarding the methodical manner and many processes that are undertaken to determine a loanee's best location. 

The fact that EN is always on the bench for Leeds is another sign that the methodical, professional process they claim to have employed is utter bullcrap. 

The proof of the pudding will come over time when it is observed that City no longer attempt to loan players from Arsenal. Something they would still do if Arsenal were entirely innocent as apologists like yourself would have us believe.

Apologists?

Saying something isn't clear cut isn't being an apologist.

If you could extract your head from your anus next time, that would be nice.

City, Leeds and Fortuna Dusseldorf all had representatives making what was essentially a pitch to say why their club was the right one. 

If you are not an apologist then you are admitting that Arsenal could be responsible for the shabby treatment dished out to City and Fortuna, in which case WHY pull me up for expressing my dislike of Arsenal!

I have never had cause to extract my head from my anus as you so eloquently put it, but if such an unfortunate occasion were to arise in future I now know who to contact for advice.

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

I know 2 Villa fans, before a ball was kicked this season one of them thinks they will be top 4 within 2 seasons and other one thought they would be top 6 this season. I would personally be delighted if they get relegated especially if the likes of Norwich or Sheff U manage to stay up.

Not forgetting the ones I met in Birmingham when we played them - who were exactly the same as the 2 I know.

Ha, yeah. That’s what my mate was saying, out of touch with reality. 

13 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

If you are not an apologist then you are admitting that Arsenal could be responsible for the shabby treatment dished out to City and Fortuna, in which case WHY pull me up for expressing my dislike of Arsenal!

I have never had cause to extract my head from my anus as you so eloquently put it, but if such an unfortunate occasion were to arise in future I now know who to contact for advice.

I pulled you up for asserting as a fact it was entirely down to the club.

You then addressed me in a patronising way and accused me of being an apologist for essentially saying "it might not be completely down to the club alone"

So there is plenty of cause for you to do such a thing. 

I'm admitting nothing because I didn't  state that Arsenal aren't responsible for any perceived shabby treatment. Perhaps when you have extracted you head from your anus you might try to see that there can be a middle ground between "destroy that club, they screwed us over" and "they did absolutely everything to try and get the player to join us but he wouldn't".

Such a middle ground being where the truth most likely is.

8 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Ha, yeah. That’s what my mate was saying, out of touch with reality. 

That was bought home to me when reading their forum at the time that they were in the financial mire a couple of summers ago.

They they had been on the verge of going bust - a winding up order was imminent from HMRC over unpaid  tax -  and there were serious and genuine concerns about them breaking ffp as they had already borrowed against their third year of parachute payments. Despite this, when they were "rescued" when they brought in new owners, there were fans immediately talking about how this would enable them to buy the players they needed to gain promotion back to their rightful place in the premier league. There were even comments suggesting that the premier league wanted and needed Villa back.

As discussed at length on our ffp thread, the whole ffp issue with Villa is very murky but I think it is reasonably clear that there would have been a serious breach had they not "sold" Villa Park. That they would have breached ffp during the three years that they enjoyed £90m or so of parachute payments, and secured promotion as a result, puts them in a different bracket of financial shithousery from Derby and Wednesday. 

I think that many fans'  resentment of Villa stems from this and that they are where they are now by financial deception and cheating.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I pulled you up for asserting as a fact it was entirely down to the club.

You then addressed me in a patronising way and accused me of being an apologist for essentially saying "it might not be completely down to the club alone"

So there is plenty of cause for you to do such a thing. 

I'm admitting nothing because I didn't  state that Arsenal aren't responsible for any perceived shabby treatment. Perhaps when you have extracted you head from your anus you might try to see that there can be a middle ground between "destroy that club, they screwed us over" and "they did absolutely everything to try and get the player to join us but he wouldn't".

Such a middle ground being where the truth most likely is.

For someone who throws insults around simply because he is termed an apologist, you are a sensitive soul aren't you?

Now you have the audacity to state that there is the possibility that Arsenal ARE responsible for any shabby treatment, although you think the truth lies somewhere between that and that Arsenal tried everything in their power to get him to sign for City.

Yet, inhabiting such a precarious location in the land of uncertainty, you deem it appropriate to pull me up on my opinion and then hurl an insult yet later state that I could be right.

I don't know where your head is at the moment, but I would venture it is in a place which makes an anus seem like a perfumed garden.

I haven't the time to respond further to your paradoxical rantings. Goodbye and have a good life.

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

For someone who throws insults around simply because he is termed an apologist, you are a sensitive soul aren't you?

Now you have the audacity to state that there is the possibility that Arsenal ARE responsible for any shabby treatment, although you think the truth lies somewhere between that and that Arsenal tried everything in their power to get him to sign for City.

Yet, inhabiting such a precarious location in the land of uncertainty, you deem it appropriate to pull me up on my opinion and then hurl an insult yet later state that I could be right.

I don't know where your head is at the moment, but I would venture it is in a place which makes an anus seem like a perfumed garden.

I haven't the time to respond further to your paradoxical rantings. Goodbye and have a good life.

I haven't said anything contradictory.

Some reading comprehension is needed for you.

You can't throw an accusation at someone and just expect them to take it. Some people might shrug it off, but I didnt. 

Just to spell it out for you. I did NOT say Arsenal are totally innocent. I said you cannot know for a fact that it was purely down to them.

The fact you found that to be something you needed to suggest is an apologist's stance is frankly ludicrous.

Nothing I have said has been paradoxical, give your head a wobble and read it all again.

As for me  being sensitive. You tried to patronise, why should I take that lying down?

Archived