IGNORED

Footballers out of context...

Tinmans Love Child

When taking my lunch break today I was walking over the new S shaped bridge from Finzels Reach to Castle Park when I spotted our very own Han Noah Massengo walking towards me carrying a new Dyson cradled across his chest which I assume  he had just bought from Argos in The Galleries (judging by the carrier bag)!  I took my headphones out of my ears and went in to say hello....and then bottled it, I justified it by thinking he was not at work and just doing his thing, but still gutted!  I think it’s seeing a player not in training gear at the ground which throws it for me!  

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

When taking my lunch break today I was walking over the new S shaped bridge from Finzels Reach to Castle Park when I spotted our very own Han Noah Massengo walking towards me carrying a new Dyson cradled across his chest which I assume  he had just bought from Argos in The Galleries (judging by the carrier bag)!  I took my headphones out of my ears and went in to say hello....and then bottled it, I justified it by thinking he was not at work and just doing his thing, but still gutted!  I think it’s seeing a player not in training gear at the ground which throws it for me!  

That Dyson Box actually contained a 12 pint Jug of natch and two bottles of Smirnoff !

Clever lad  

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I usually give a little nod of acknowledgement and leave it at that, unless it’s one of the players I’ve met before...and I’m with Joe. If they recognise him, then sometimes have a natter.

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Dyson hair-dryer?

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I was star struck!  I was the same when I saw Damon Albarn in Hotel Du Vin a few years back!

Sounds arrogant, but I'm never remotely starstruck. I've sat alongside (public transport, theatre) or chatted to many famous folk. My missus always has a dig at me if I fail to point out famous faces when we're out and about in London or Chipping Norton. 

On the subject of Blur, Alex James lives 4 doors up. Don't like him much. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Sounds arrogant, but I'm never remotely starstruck. I've sat alongside (public transport, theatre) or chatted to many famous folk. My missus always has a dig at me if I fail to point out famous faces when we're out and about in London or Chipping Norton. 

I go nervous for some reason, ridiculous really they are only people after all, but we can’t all be cool under pressure!

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I go nervous for some reason, ridiculous really they are only people after all, but we can’t all be cool under pressure!

It’s difficult to strike up a “normal” conversation, which would be much easier.  After you’ve said “well played Saturday” or “how are you settling in” it’s hard, because they don’t do the other side of the conversation like “what do you do for a living’ etc etc.

Met Wilbs in Cabot on the Saturday after a Friday Night win v Forest on Sky.  He was much easier because we were both able to moan about our daughters spending too much time in Smiggle!

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s difficult to strike up a “normal” conversation, which would be much easier.  After you’ve said “well played Saturday” or “how are you settling in” it’s hard, because they don’t do the other side of the conversation like “what do you do for a living’ etc etc.

Met Wilbs in Cabot on the Saturday after a Friday Night win v Forest on Sky.  He was much easier because we were both able to moan about our daughters spending too much time in Smiggle!

I once bumped into Lee Peacock in a bar and said hello and he kept asking me questions about what I do for a living, which at the time was even less interesting than now. I felt like I was wasting his time with my dull life but he seemed to be genuinely happy to chat. In the end I backed off and said bye and he looked a bit disappointed!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I usually give a little nod of acknowledgement and leave it at that, unless it’s one of the players I’ve met before...and I’m with Joe. If they recognise him, then sometimes have a natter.

So that’ll be all of them then?

I have visions that some of our players are round yours more than you are Fevs?

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Prefer my GTech K9

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

He's a friend of a friend. Or at least is a friend of my friend's ex-boyfriend.

She and I bumped into Steve James (as he's still known in Bournemouth) with D Albarn once, while out walking in London, about 1993.

"Steve" was chatty and pleasant, but Damon just stood there looking bored and picking his nose.

Anyway, back on topic. About a month ago I sat near Kasey Palmer at Yo Sushi! in Cabot Circus. I was too shy to say anything though... :blush2:

Was down at Portishead Marina couple of Saturdays ago and when having a quick 99 (£3.50 ffs) my misses pointed out that “that’s the flint bloke infront of us- are you going to say hello- (she recognised him from an old calendar) I politely explained that he was now a player for the enemy, and deserved no hello from me. 

I must say I’ve met/bumped into Lee Trundle many times who has been absolutely first class and always had a chat and been very good with his time. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

wtf is Smiggle?

8 minutes ago, reddoh said:

wtf is Smiggle?

Stupidly expensive stationary for kids.

Think of a pencil case, shaped like a football boot, and put a price tag of around £20-30 on it. 

It's very nice stationary if you're  a 9 year old girl/boy (3 god-daughters and a niece, and it's aimed more towards girls), but to fill said pencil case, you'd probably need to take out a second mortgage!!

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Was down at Portishead Marina couple of Saturdays ago and when having a quick 99 (£3.50 ffs) my misses pointed out that “that’s the flint bloke infront of us- are you going to say hello- (she recognised him from an old calendar) I politely explained that he was now a player for the enemy, and deserved no hello from me. 

I must say I’ve met/bumped into Lee Trundle many times who has been absolutely first class and always had a chat and been very good with his time. 

I bet you had to double check your typing when you wrote , having a quick 99 with the missus in Portishead. 

10 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Even if Flint was still at City it would've been best not to bother. He was always a miserable b****** 

I was in John Lewis in cribs once and was wearing my city coat. As you do and Louis Carey was doing his shopping and he came up to me . Absolute lad came up said do you want a picture and we started talking about the team nowadays. They are human just talk to them like one and you will be fine 

1 hour ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I was in John Lewis in cribs once and was wearing my city coat. As you do and Louis Carey was doing his shopping and he came up to me . Absolute lad came up said do you want a picture and we started talking about the team nowadays. They are human just talk to them like one and you will be fine 

I would have said ‘ I’d love a photo , got anyone decent . ‘

That’s ‘ bants ‘ as you youngsters call it 

Geoff Merrick spoke to me a few years ago whilst I was visiting the gate for a meeting midweek.  Embarassingly, I didn't recognise him having not seen him for years. Felt really stupid afterwards when I twigged.

Normally, I just give players a nod of recognition when I see them as I worry that they sometimes get fed up with being interrupted getting on with their daily lives. I do ocassionally speak to them when I feel that the time is right.

I must start asking for a few selfies though.

Archived