IGNORED

Footballers out of context...

Tinmans Love Child

Back before the 2014 world cup, I was on my way to meet up with mates in London,  and bumped into (then England manager) Roy Hodgson. I figured he probably didn't want to talk about England so asked if he'd ever wondered what might have happened if he'd stayed at AG. Quick chat, could not have been nicer.

19 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Back before the 2014 world cup, I was on my way to meet up with mates in London,  and bumped into (then England manager) Roy Hodgson. I figured he probably didn't want to talk about England so asked if he'd ever wondered what might have happened if he'd stayed at AG. Quick chat, could not have been nicer.

Would have thought you could find something else to ask him about the second time you met. :) 

On 23/09/2019 at 21:39, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Was down at Portishead Marina couple of Saturdays ago and when having a quick 99 (£3.50 ffs) my misses pointed out that “that’s the flint bloke infront of us- are you going to say hello- (she recognised him from an old calendar) I politely explained that he was now a player for the enemy, and deserved no hello from me. 

I must say I’ve met/bumped into Lee Trundle many times who has been absolutely first class and always had a chat and been very good with his time. 

I was at Portishead Marina on Sunday and saw Jack Hunt. He was walking 50 yards behind me though and didn’t catch up. I might have said hello but he was walking like he was pretty sore from the game the day before ?

On 24/09/2019 at 11:09, City18 said:

Personally don't like talking to 'celebrities'. Little bee in my bonnet I guess that there are people out there working for the NHS, researching cures for cancer etc etc who go unnoticed and unrewarded, yet we give godlike status to people who are good at football. 

Maybe jealous that they're getting paid a fortune for doing something I love but don't like fuelling egos and helping to reinforce this supremacy divide between them and us. I guess as a kid meeting your hero is pretty cool but always felt it a little cringey for a fully grown man to go up to another man and start complementing him and idolising him because he plays for my favourite football team.

Expect there may be several who disagree with me on this 

Give it 2 the nursess 

Archived