IGNORED

Home games...

Redbo

2 minutes ago, Redbo said:

It’s the only time I can justify having a cup of Bovril. 

Your aren’t missing much I’d suggest & it’s definitely not something that’s justifying me taking a 2 hour trip from Yate.

You get them to sort out the road infrastructure & I’ll deliver you a bovril (or any other beef extract drink you want) once a week if it saves me the hell of getting all the way to Ashton on a week night! (Please don’t tell me you live in Ashton ☹️).

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Having said I wouldn`t want all midweek games I do have to qualify it by saying I do like a Friday night match. You`ve still got the weekend afterwards and it would save me having to endure the holiday hell of the M5 five or six times a season.

Friday night games are great if you win as it sets up a good weekend 

lose and it’s a different story .. but true whet you say about having the whole weekend free 

2 hours ago, mozo said:

You could play home games any time, any day, and we still wouldn't bloody win any of them ?

Just had a look, we've won 1/4 so far this season at the Gate.  

Last season we won 8/23. Can the players not cope with the added expectation at home? 

In response to @Redbo no I wouldn't. The atmosphere would definitely suffer & so would the crowd numbers. 

Saturday 3pm with the occasional Friday night would be perfect. 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Living fairly local I can get to a kick off at AG at any time. However I do really enjoy evening ko’s - they’re  more atmospheric under the lights but I wouldn’t necessarily want every home game to be midweek. That would bugger up my weekend routine!

It was better when all the lights within the stands were turned off - that generated good atmospheres - it’s all just a bit too bright now 

On 23/09/2019 at 19:32, cidercity1987 said:

My choice of time would be 12.30 on a Saturday. Time beforehand for a brunch and a pint but then half the day to do something else. Realise I’ll be in a minority of one with that though.

I was going to post 13:30 but 12:30 would do fine if not better.

Waking up at 6 through habit and trying to waste 7 hours before I can finally leave does my head in - 15:00 is too late for me.

13 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Just had a look, we've won 1/4 so far this season at the Gate.  

Last season we won 8/23. Can the players not cope with the added expectation at home? 

In response to @Redbo no I wouldn't. The atmosphere would definitely suffer & so would the crowd numbers. 

Saturday 3pm with the occasional Friday night would be perfect. 

So that's 9 wins in 27 in total, and I'm no Carol Vorderman but I make that 1 in every 3...

Maybe we should try playing our games 3am...?

On 23/09/2019 at 18:35, Redbo said:

If you had the choice of every home game being a 19:45 kick off on a Tuesday or Wednesday, would you take it?

Not when you live 40 miles away.

Every game should be 3pm on a Saturday without fail, anything else is a pain in the bum.

Archived