IGNORED

LJ on 5live within the next hour (before 9pm)

Up The City!

11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

FIFA play fair award just gone to the Leeds manager?.

That surprises me, I would of thought he’d of won the ‘Bringing new innovation to scouting’ award. Maybe he’s going to walk away with a handful of awards & promotion before October? I’m sure the Premier League would love that.

In summary

- doing well considering the injuries 

- loan market is key to England national team

- tries to sign loan players that we might be able to get permanently 

- loan clubs presenting to bigger club about their intentions is nothing new

- invited Ian Wright down after he admitted he told Nketiah to go to Leeds

- When asked if he felt pressure to go up this season he said yes but pressure comes from himself and we are improving in all areas on and off the pitch. Sometimes feels like two steps forward and one steps back 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

In summary

- loan clubs presenting to bigger club

- When asked if he felt pressure to go up this season he said yes but pressure comes from himself and we are improving in all areas on and off the pitch. Sometimes feels like two steps forward and two steps back 

Good summary except one step back

Lee Johnson on Monday Night Club: Using the loan market, injuries and how Ian Wright told Nketiah to join Leeds

Lee Johnson appeared on Radio 5 Live’s Monday Night Club with Mark Chapman tonight. Here is a rough transcript of the interview #BristolCity:

Full interview here: http://theexiledrobin.org/2019/09/ian-wright-told-nketiah-to-join-leeds/

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Sorry Dave, probably being dense, what was meant by this?

Lee was asked if the loan market was important. I think the question was meant to mean important to him and the club but Lee answered it in a more general context. Said how key it was for the England team meaning young players getting games early and how Southgate has said young players at the top clubs don’t get enough minutes. 

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

In summary

- loan clubs presenting to bigger club about their intentions is nothing new

- When asked if he felt pressure to go up this season he said yes but pressure comes from himself and we are improving in all areas on and off the pitch. Sometimes feels like two steps forward and one steps back 

If it’s true he invited Wrighty down that is a touch of class - he obviously cares about external perceptions of our club and the set up behind the scenes ... and he wants to change opinions amongst potential advocates, I really like that ...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If it’s true he invited Wrighty down that is a touch of class - he obviously cares about external perceptions of our club and the set up behind the scenes ... and he wants to change opinions amongst potential advocates, I really like that ...

It was more a jokey response to Wright saying he had told Nketiah he’d be best off joining Leeds. For a few seconds it could have got awkward but LJ laughed and said ‘i can see I’m going to have to get you down to Bristol’ or words to that affect 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s certainly true and was mentioned more then once, got the impression it will probably happen aswell

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

It was more a jokey response to Wright saying he had told Nketiah he’d be best off joining Leeds. For a few seconds it could have got awkward but LJ laughed and said ‘i can see I’m going to have to get you down to Bristol’ or words to that affect 

Oh, ok, in that case I take back all my sentiments! Cheers for the clarification RD ..

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on. Exactly what I thought. It's too easy sometimes to get angry when you hear that, but I think LJ did exactly the right thing. In this business it's not always about what you know, but who you know.

Can do no harm to improve perceptions of us off the pitch. Well done Lee.

Archived