IGNORED

Pompey v Saints

daored

2 hours ago, daored said:

Proper, proper game tonight, really looking forward to this. 

Hearing the two sets of fans talking , really miss our games with the gas 

I’m totally the opposite, the only thing I miss is the atmosphere, nothing else comes even close when we play them at AG, apart from that we have nothing to gain from playing that shite anymore, we’d be expected to win, if we lose we’d be hearing about it for the next 30 years. Let them carry on rotting away whilst they do nout about it.

I'm down here working, tried to get a ticket but no luck, so I went down to the ground to watch it in a pub. There was some trouble at Fratton station, but it is being VERY heavily policed. Left the pub at half time to come back to the hotel, I would have stayed out if Pompey were winning, would be a great atmosphere round by the ground.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ah right cheers. Any idea on the reason for Pompey being called skates ? 

The Royal Navy sailors who were at sea would use skate fish to relieve sexual frustrations.

Portsmouth is home of the Royal Navy.

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

There certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of angry 15 year olds in the crowd. Quite embarrassing really. 

I spent 3 years in Pompey as a student.  Really angry place.   

When they're 15 to 17 they pick fights with Students before graduating to Sailors. Nothing else to see other than the Victory..

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I know we've been saying this every week recently, but that's got to be Jones done at Stoke now.

Got to be close you'd think....4 wins in about 25 games or something similar. Not worked out at all for both sides. Best getting rid and moving on.

41 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I know we've been saying this every week recently, but that's got to be Jones done at Stoke now.

Got to feel sorry for the Stoke fans, a fair few even saying they'd welcome Pulis back. That's when you know things are truly bad.

Archived