IGNORED

Leave it out?..........Kick it Out

maxjak

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

This is my biggest gripe with all of the PC nonsense (not just this topic). Why don't some of these governing bodies just come out and say "we will not be taking any action whatsoever about this incident, because frankly it is a waste of time and resources"? Not long ago a poster was taken down in the London Underground after one single complaint. I expect hundreds of thousands of people had walked past it and seen it for what it was, but one person makes a complaint and they crap themselves so remove it!! The World has gone mad and we are right at the front of the queue in the UK.

Suspect if it had been in a DM, a text between mates or even a WhatsApp group chat between mates this wouldn't have ever been an issue.

Still, when you have a public platform- rightly or wrongly- and when you are famous, even more so- you have to speak with great caution. It's not just a joke between mates- well it is one- but it is also one seen by many people.

A very good tip I read somewhere once is that: assume that any email you send is or could be made public. This is in plain sight, even worse.

Just the reality of the world today, dunno if it's simply PC etc.

On 25/09/2019 at 23:25, BCFC11 said:

Can’t remember Raheem Sterling ever saying Zinchenko looks like the Milky Bar kid tbh but he did make the Tweet below which imo is no different to Bernardo Silva’s. Agree Silva should of kept it private but it’s been blown way out of proportion and now the usual suspects screaming Racism. This world and especially the UK has gone PC mad, can’t say shit nowadays without causing offence to someone. 

00B81D32-9359-4FBF-B24C-A74C3AAD52CA.thumb.png.d6c663da4d99f8b07151731df375b7df.png

Saying a white person looks like another white person is not racist.

Saying a black person looks like another black person is not racist.

Saying a black person looks like a cartoon character designed to highlight the stereotypical features of a black person? It’s not the same.

I don’t believe Silva is racist or meant this as a slur against black people, but to post it on Twitter the week after Lukaku receives racist abuse, during a time where his team mate Sterling receives racist abuse is stupid. 

He should get a slap on the wrist and told how stupid he has been and to keep personal jokes with mates on private chats.

At what point are comedians going to start getting charged for some of their offensive jokes?

I don't want to bring politics into it but Jo Brand happily makes a joke about throwing battery acid in Farages face and "it was meant as a joke", Madonna (I think) said "bomb the White House" when Trump got in - again, all fine because she didn't mean it. Flip that and change that to Corbyn and Obama and their would be call for court dates and a custodial sentence no doubt. Hear the women on "Loose women" moan about Page 3 women and walk on girls being exploited and then 5 minutes later stick up a picture of David Beckham in his pants - and they are all loving it. Have a straight actor playing a gay person and uproar, but have a gay actor playing a straight person and that's fine. The list just goes on and on.

Many people get offended by pretty pathetic stuff (pathetic in my opinion), but rather than speak up and tell them to do one something has to be seen to be done and it is frankly ridiculous. Women getting offended if a bloke says "ladies first", if they open a door for them, buy them a drink etc etc etc.

I will say I am really offended by the Canadian PM Justin Trudeau getting blacked up though, he deserves all the grief he gets and then some, due to his pc nonsense - not allowed to say the word "mankind" in front of him as that is offensive, you have to say "humankind". These people are in charge of things ffs, no wonder why many think the World has gone mad (rightly or wrongly).

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

This is my biggest gripe with all of the PC nonsense (not just this topic). Why don't some of these governing bodies just come out and say "we will not be taking any action whatsoever about this incident, because frankly it is a waste of time and resources"? Not long ago a poster was taken down in the London Underground after one single complaint. I expect hundreds of thousands of people had walked past it and seen it for what it was, but one person makes a complaint and they crap themselves so remove it!! The World has gone mad and we are right at the front of the queue in the UK.

If ‘all the PC nonsense’ were to result in a reduction in discriminatory behaviour, would it have been nonsense?  I’ve certainly seen a massive reduction in discriminatory behaviour in my lifetime, which is at least partly down to what some people like to dismiss as ‘PC nonsense’.  You may not agree with it, but nonsense it ain’t.

If the world has gone mad, I’d prefer to think it is because of the rise of the alt right, the election of people with racist views to world-leading positions, and the distortions of social media, not well-meant efforts to stamp out discrimination.

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I will say I am really offended by the Canadian PM Justin Trudeau getting blacked up though, he deserves all the grief he gets and then some, due to his pc nonsense - not allowed to say the word "mankind" in front of him as that is offensive, you have to say "humankind". These people are in charge of things ffs, no wonder why many think the World has gone mad (rightly or wrongly).

I don’t think using ‘mankind’ is offensive, but it may be inappropriate.  Why use the term ‘manning’ for instance, when ‘staffing’ is just as easy to say and probably more accurate.  Language is the vehicle of discrimination so hardly surprising that some people are sensitive to it.  I remember the same being said about ‘Love thy neighbour’ in the 70s: “Its just a bit fun,  don’t they have a sense of humour?”

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

You may be right in terms of a point in time at which charges can be made. We will see.

Keogh has not broken any law but by association with those who have, if found guilty of course (!!), and by not setting an example as Captain of his club and putting the whole fiasco to bed before it even started, has definitely brought the game into disrepute imo. I would throw the book at him as much as the other two players involved.

Legally throw the book at him?

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don’t think using ‘mankind’ is offensive, but it may be inappropriate.  Why use the term ‘manning’ for instance, when ‘staffing’ is just as easy to say and probably more accurate.  Language is the vehicle of discrimination so hardly surprising that some people are sensitive to it.  I remember the same being said about ‘Love thy neighbour’ in the 70s: “Its just a bit fun,  don’t they have a sense of humour?”

I hate the term ‘man up’.  We hear about men hiding depression and men suicide but we also regularly still hear men being told to man up. Doesn’t make sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If ‘all the PC nonsense’ were to result in a reduction in discriminatory behaviour, would it have been nonsense?  I’ve certainly seen a massive reduction in discriminatory behaviour in my lifetime, which is at least partly down to what some people like to dismiss as ‘PC nonsense’.  You may not agree with it, but nonsense it ain’t.

If the world has gone mad, I’d prefer to think it is because of the rise of the alt right, the election of people with racist views to world-leading positions, and the distortions of social media, not well-meant efforts to stamp out discrimination.

PC really has become a lazy insult thrown around by some to justify not having to think about their behaviour towards others. I don’t Know the origin of the phrase but suspect it didn’t originate from those supposedly guilty of it. It’s also worth remembering that ‘PC’ was an initial response to open discrimination that was widespread, and surely no right minded individual would oppose that.

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Saying a white person looks like another white person is not racist.

Saying a black person looks like another black person is not racist.

Saying a black person looks like a cartoon character designed to highlight the stereotypical features of a black person? It’s not the same.

I don’t believe Silva is racist or meant this as a slur against black people, but to post it on Twitter the week after Lukaku receives racist abuse, during a time where his team mate Sterling receives racist abuse is stupid. 

He should get a slap on the wrist and told how stupid he has been and to keep personal jokes with mates on private chats.

Sorry, I'm not getting it. It's a chocolate with lips, eyes, arms and legs. How does this one fit into the argument? 

5109q7GdFnL._SY445_.jpg

11 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Mankind inappropriate? So when you say the sentence of "the future of mankind depends on the people of the World changing" what should be said? How is that offensive.inappropriate to anyone? I will stand corrected as Mr Trudeau  calls it "peoplekind" though because it contains the word "MAN" which is offensive which I find ridiculous. It was quite ironic how he was correcting a women though at the time.

Why was nothing done about Jo Brand making a joke about throwing acid in Farages face, or Madonnas comment on bombing the White House? Is it because certain people don't like them and it is just easy to brand them racist so it is ok? Seems double standards to me. How many people did Obama deport in his reign - not a squeak from anyone about those figures, let alone his camps with children in foil blankets that got reported as all a certain Mr Trumps doing.

As for PC being thrown around as a lazy insult, calling people racist and Nazis is also a lazy insult isn't it?

41 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sorry, I'm not getting it. It's a chocolate with lips, eyes, arms and legs. How does this one fit into the argument? 

5109q7GdFnL._SY445_.jpg

It fits because it has been reported as racist and fits the narrative that certain want.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Love thy neighbour in the 70s if you watch the black character was as racist towards the white character as the white was to the black character.

Shouting you c***, you black c***, you black c*** at many players for a prolonged period as well as “Canos you spick c***” is racist I’m sure.

i didn’t mind getting knocked about as we went “****ing mental la-la la la” or anything else - I usually love being part of the away end - but saddened tonight. Had to move to a different section rather than hear that for any longer. 

No I didn’t challenge them. I was on my own; albeit in a crowd...

Archived