IGNORED

Taylor Moore interview (Merged)

SecretSam

What an attitude from a young player. Never realised that he halved his wages in order to extend  the final year of his contract by a further year. 

Shows why the club looks for players with the right DNA. It also shows that sometimes a player has to take a step backwards in order to progress.

Great interview, and a great example to other young players who have belief in their own abilities by backing that up with your own cash to extend your career and proving to your parent club that not only are you good enough, but let me buy the time to prove it.

I trust when the negotiations start, the club recognise that.

If he continues to progress, just how much will he have  saved the club by not having to buy a "championship proven" centre half to replace Webster?

The only shame is that injuries to Kalas and Dasilva have not enabled us to see how good our full strength back line ( including Moore) would have been. 

5 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Today's Grauniad:

Bristol City's Taylor Moore: 'I tore my hamstring trying to catch Mbappé'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2019/sep/25/bristol-city-taylor-moore-mbappe-coman-england-france-liverpool

What a fantastic attitude. Very sensible but unusual decision to take a pay cut to stay with City 

Not many players seem to take a short term hit, thinking it will benefit them long term. How many players would have left, took more money elsewhere but eventually started dropping down the leagues 

let’s hope he continues to progress as he has. How much he has developed in just 8 games is insane 

I'm not claiming to know the ins and outs of individual contract situations - but compare Moore's attitude to that of certain other young players regarding contracts.

I think lots of players believe they are better than they are (or are told as much by agents/advisors/family) and want bigger contracts they haven't earned. Very refreshing attitude from Moore, great influence to have around the squad.

4 Languages too, so many options open for him just on that score. I am so pleased he has worked his way into the first team, even people on here who's opinion I generally trust had their doubts about him. Having to do it the hard way will be beneficial for him as a person as well. I am sure he felt more sympathy for the goings on at Bury than most young footballers.

17 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Every time I read any interviews with Taylor, the more impressed I am with him and his determination to succeed.

Whatever level he reaches and whichever club he is at, will get 100% + from him. Nobody can ask for or expect more. 

Happy to admit that my expectations for Taylor have wavered over time.  I really liked him in those early performances, Hull in the EFL Cup especially, and thought he’d have a good career.  Bury loan went well, Cheltenham not so, but he got minutes.  Southend it appears went well but the times I saw him, I was disappointed.  Thought he might move on, but I suggested a few times he might be one of those players who plays better with better players.

Really pleased he’s doing well, seems a mature lad.

Still amazed he had that much self belief in his own ability he volunteered to split his last years contract over 24 months rather that 12 to prove his point*.

*may have entirely misunderstood the point in the article.

If that is/was the case, I hope he is/was rewarded, if not, he leaves for a nominal as a young man with a genuine desire to play football, rather than having the latest car.

I am not surprised he is good enough at this level, i fancied him to make it because of what Southend fans were saying. He was clearly progressing very well from Cheltenham loan to Southend. 

But i didn't expect him to be playing regularly this season. Very surprised by that. 1.5 million is looking like a bargain now. How good will he be in a few years I wonder.

Archived