IGNORED

Taylor Moore interview (Merged)

SecretSam

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I am not surprised he is good enough at this level, i fancied him to make it because of what Southend fans were saying. He was clearly progressing very well from Cheltenham loan to Southend. 

But i didn't expect him to be playing regularly this season. Very surprised by that. 1.5 million is looking like a bargain now. How good will he be in a few years I wonder.

In fairness he’s only playing regularly because we sold Webster, Kalas and Wright injured, and Baker concussion in pre-season, but....

....it’s about taking your chance.  Even when Kalas comes back, the back line will reshuffle, but Moore now knows he can fit in, LJ knows he can fit in too.  He will continue to get minutes.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness he’s only playing regularly because we sold Webster, Kalas and Wright injured, and Baker concussion in pre-season, but....

....it’s about taking your chance.  Even when Kalas comes back, the back line will reshuffle, but Moore now knows he can fit in, LJ knows he can fit in too.  He will continue to get minutes.

Yeah true. It's interesting to see what LJ's preferred back line is when everyone is back. Do we stick with a 3? Do we play Williams in the middle and Kalas on the right? I didn't like the look of Kalas right of a 3 last season.

Does Moore keep his place? If it's out of him or Baker left of a 3, id probably go with Moore for his ball playing skills.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah true. It's interesting to see what LJ's preferred back line is when everyone is back. Do we stick with a 3? Do we play Williams in the middle and Kalas on the right? I didn't like the look of Kalas right of a 3 last season.

Does Moore keep his place? If it's out of him or Baker left of a 3, id probably go with Moore for his ball playing skills.

Williams is only contracted until January right? So if Wright and Kalas come back, play well and stay fit them we have the option to let Williams go and then and finish the season with Moore. 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Williams is only contracted until January right? So if Wright and Kalas come back, play well and stay fit them we have the option to let Williams go and then and finish the season with Moore. 

You might be right there. It says 'short term deal'. So sounds like January. 

I guess we may be back in for McKenna, if we were in for him before. Then we probably do not extend Williams contract.

Taylor Moore is one of those players that will make it at a good level through sheer will. Obviously he has a lot of talent too but that can only get you so far. Look at players like JET for example.

He reminds me of Bryan before *personal opinion* he started to believe his own hype.

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I guess we may be back in for McKenna, if we were in for him before. Then we probably do not extend Williams contract.

Yes, exactly that....deal to Jan with an option to extend to end of season.  Of course that could be renegotiated at any point.  Bailey Wright out of contract in summer too, only still here because we exercised our option otherwise his expired in the summer (just gone).

Williams was until January, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was extended until the summer at least, or maybe given an 18 month contract to take him to summer 2021. He seems to have come in and fit in well, be a leader, and has bags of experience at the top/international level as well. He's not a bad player to have around at all.

Also with our recent history of injuries, it would be just our luck that we release him in January, then Baker gets one of his injuries, and suddenly we're short again. Hopefully Wright will be back, but I think that he's one of the players that are being "left behind" as the club progresses quicker than we thought, so not sure where he stands when fit again.... 

36 minutes ago, Taz said:

Williams was until January, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was extended until the summer at least, or maybe given an 18 month contract to take him to summer 2021. He seems to have come in and fit in well, be a leader, and has bags of experience at the top/international level as well. He's not a bad player to have around at all.

Also with our recent history of injuries, it would be just our luck that we release him in January, then Baker gets one of his injuries, and suddenly we're short again. Hopefully Wright will be back, but I think that he's one of the players that are being "left behind" as the club progresses quicker than we thought, so not sure where he stands when fit again.... 

Agree.  If fully fit, he’d now be an option for a horses-for-courses game, where you want someone man-marked, but he has been left behind a bit....maybe because of injuries???

44 minutes ago, Taz said:

Good Post

Dressing room influence invaluable alone , if he’s happy here , which he seems to be

His answer to GMc about his role here was brilliant 

Wilbraham.................................Williams

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good Post

Dressing room influence invaluable alone , if he’s happy here , which he seems to be

His answer to GMc about his role here was brilliant 

Wilbraham.................................Williams

Agreed 100%. We replaced Wade Elliott with Wilbraham in that respect, but since then, we haven't had that "leader" that the younger guys can look up to. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d keep Williams and let him go Dave , Personally 

Agree again. Keep until the summer, and then wish him well. Good pro, but nowhere near good enough for where we want to go. Won't be on a small wage either, so not worth keeping for back up. 

Wright is a bit like Smith in that respect (he says through gritted teeth), given a contract extension in the hope that he comes back and helps the squad out, but actually probably past his best because of injuries. I love Smith as a player, but I'm not sure we'll see him back as a regular first team player. Hope I'm wrong on that one, because Smith, Nagy, Brownhill and Massengo could be a great combination.

5 hours ago, Taz said:

I'd wait and see with Williams. Good start but still early days. Wright is solid at this level.

And Baker has not exactly been reliable, had a bad 18 months before this season with often coming off injured and many mistakes for goals.

But when on form is obviously a good championship centre back.

Both Baker and Williams been very good so far this season.

I believe LJ will still be looking to bring in McKenna in January. And im sure he will be looking at which one of those 3 to let go, whether that's not offering Williams a new deal or selling one of Wright or Baker.

Archived