IGNORED

Luton Away/Ticket Requests (Merged)

BCFC1512

Crikey, it’s been a while since I’ve been there to watch City. Must have been when Wilson was manager. Not the most salubrious of grounds, but full of character and well worth a visit. If I remember correctly the entrance to the turnstiles looks like to have to go through someone’s house. 

'Despite being an absolute dump'  Why do supporters always have to try and start a row?  It might be true but it's not your fault where you are born.  The film 'Blinded by the Light' was based there and it was a half-decent movie.  And they're a well supported side if you take the average crowd/population statistic.  Using that figure, Burnley are the best supported side in England along with Shrewsbury.  Great Bristol with a 750k population and combined attendances of 35k comes out very badly.  Went to Luton many decades ago before that daft low level stand with its executive boxes and little else ... but as posters have said, a good old-fashioned ground.  And supporters will no doubt (predictably) start a row with some sort of chant about them being just a 'small town in Asia' ... a reflection of the average football 'supporter's' IQ.  

11 minutes ago, swampy said:

'Despite being an absolute dump'  Why do supporters always have to try and start a row?  It might be true but it's not your fault where you are born.  The film 'Blinded by the Light' was based there and it was a half-decent movie.  And they're a well supported side if you take the average crowd/population statistic.  Using that figure, Burnley are the best supported side in England along with Shrewsbury.  Great Bristol with a 750k population and combined attendances of 35k comes out very badly.  Went to Luton many decades ago before that daft low level stand with its executive boxes and little else ... but as posters have said, a good old-fashioned ground.  And supporters will no doubt (predictably) start a row with some sort of chant about them being just a 'small town in Asia' ... a reflection of the average football 'supporter's' IQ.  

You're so ******* dull. 

13 minutes ago, swampy said:

Have you got their 'away support as a proportion of home support' to hand by any chance?

17 minutes ago, swampy said:

I heard they dropped an atomic bomb on Luton...about 15 quids worth of damage!

20 minutes ago, swampy said:

You’ve got issues mate.

1 hour ago, stoke giiford red said:

kenilworth-road-luton-town-fc-away-fans-entrance-1419615231.jpg

Thank you for this photo. 

I used to be a Luton Town fan up until 1977 when we moved back to Bristol.

The Oak Road in my day was the home end. In the old first division days my dad had to pay 90 pence through those turnstiles. I was charged a scandalous 45 pence.

Regarding the small stand that runs along the side of the pitch, it used to be called the Bobbers Stand (named after the cost to get in ie 5 pence in old money).  

1 hour ago, swampy said:

Mods can we just ban this *** already.

1 hour ago, swampy said:

WTAF is your problem?

It's a dump. Everyone says so and everyone's right. I'm sure the people are lovely, but it's not the prettiest place.

As for the race comments...**** me.

Oh,  and who's going to be offended? Our massive Luton readership?

My one and only visit to Kenilworth Road was when, as a schoolboy, a drunken Glasgow Rangers supporter tried to steal my rosette. (Remember rosettes?). Luckily some older City supporters, who looked like characters from a gangster film, came to my rescue  

2 hours ago, swampy said:

im gonna show the wife "whos the boss" tonight....

gonna put one of me springsteen records on...….

Been there a few times, mainly positive but.....

One game we got back to my mates RS Turbo to find someone had smashed the steering lock, could have nicked it with a screwdriver, that's how we had to start it.
The other memory is just about to leave the pub only to be told the game was off. Went down to Watford, in with Wolves fans as they won 4-1. I think it was the replay we went back for , which was also called off, in the pub again. Finally lost 2-0 some 17 days later.

Went to the League Cup match there a couple of years ago (lost 2-3) , had a couple of pints in the Conservative Club, followed by one of the best, and cheapest, curries i've ever had in one of the local restaurants, not so bad.

First visit there was early 70's, we lost 0-3 , Malcolm Macdonald tore us apart, however the Luton Supporters club were happy to serve me cider , age 15, so could have been worse

3 hours ago, swampy said:

I love it when someone genuinely believes they are intelligent and “above the average football supporter” in terms of IQ.......and then they write the absolute tosh that you have above?

3 hours ago, swampy said:

Hooray! Here comes the rugby loving anti-football fascist!*

(*What an unintelligent comment...)

Archived