IGNORED

Luton Away/Ticket Requests (Merged)

BCFC1512

4 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

my one and only visit to Luton....I think the highlight was some Toff being led out of the chalets on the left following some complaints from City fans about a hand gesture.

Yep remember that well

2 or 3 yuppie types (it must have been late 80's, early90's?) giving it the big un. The boys in blue turned up and removed at least one of them, to much hilarity in the away stand.

8 hours ago, swampy said:

'Despite being an absolute dump'  Why do supporters always have to try and start a row?  It might be true but it's not your fault where you are born.  The film 'Blinded by the Light' was based there and it was a half-decent movie.  And they're a well supported side if you take the average crowd/population statistic.  Using that figure, Burnley are the best supported side in England along with Shrewsbury.  Great Bristol with a 750k population and combined attendances of 35k comes out very badly.  Went to Luton many decades ago before that daft low level stand with its executive boxes and little else ... but as posters have said, a good old-fashioned ground.  And supporters will no doubt (predictably) start a row with some sort of chant about them being just a 'small town in Asia' ... a reflection of the average football 'supporter's' IQ.  

Are you and @1bristolcity a double act?

....or a married couple maybe?

12 hours ago, SecretSam said:

:laugh: back in the day a load of us ended up in the Family Enclosure. A certain young Andy Cole tore them a fresh one, we won 3-0

My one and only visit to watch a game there but I did play on the pitch when they had that astroturf. Bleeding horrible experience. Literally. Shredded my leg going in for a sliding tackle as in the heat of the moment I'd forgotten what surface I was playing on. 

Haven’t been since Nov 2000 when we beat them 3-0. We started that season quite badly but had really got our act together by this game so it was a pretty easy for us.

Walked absolutely miles before the game to find a pub after being dropped off outside the ground. Seem to remember our fans belting out ‘there’s only one Danny Wilson” for about 20 minutes straight in the 2nd half.

Haven't been there since Nov.75. Special train iirc.

0-0 draw, only highlight being Jimmy Mann thwacking the bar at our end with typical languid ferocity from about 30 yards.

Plus brawling when Luton fans came into our end which was an open terrace in those days.

41 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Haven't been there since Nov.75. Special train iirc.

0-0 draw, only highlight being Jimmy Mann thwacking the bar at our end with typical languid ferocity from about 30 yards.

Plus brawling when Luton fans came into our end which was an open terrace in those days.

Luton had a nasty following back in the '70's, seem to remember a stabbing at AG

13 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Luton had a nasty following back in the '70's, seem to remember a stabbing at AG

Yep, meat cleaver of all things iirc., in the open end over an hour before the game.

Rumour going round during the game that the City fan had died, very tense atmosphere.

It IS a dump without a doubt, with the first rows of "seats" below pitch level [like the old Filbert Street] with leg room that makes Loftus Road or whatever its called nowadays seem roomy and spacious unless you're double jointed of course. Let's hope its not a nil nil draw [unlikely] as the majority of away fans will be limping out especially if your knees have been stuck in an unusual position for over 90 minutes.

On a personal note, on my last visit to the delightful place I do recall that I had two gashes on my shins because we had the temerity to score a couple which is the rim of the seat in front of me. Those gashes took ages to heal.

Despite having those quirky greenhouses running down the side of the pitch, it hasn't got any tents and a lot more seats but it is the closest we'll get to Chernobyl this season, broadly speaking 

9 hours ago, Swede said:

It IS a dump without a doubt, with the first rows of "seats" below pitch level [like the old Filbert Street] with leg room that makes Loftus Road or whatever its called nowadays seem roomy and spacious unless you're double jointed of course. Let's hope its not a nil nil draw [unlikely] as the majority of away fans will be limping out especially if your knees have been stuck in an unusual position for over 90 minutes.

On a personal note, on my last visit to the delightful place I do recall that I had two gashes on my shins because we had the temerity to score a couple which is the rim of the seat in front of me. Those gashes took ages to heal.

Despite having those quirky greenhouses running down the side of the pitch, it hasn't got any tents and a lot more seats but it is the closest we'll get to Chernobyl this season, broadly speaking 

Don’t sit down away at the best of times but definitely not at Luton, the legroom is horrendous.

Our fans are pretty good for standing away from home mainly, improves atmosphere 

20 hours ago, Galway Red said:

I remember seeing a Spurs fan in the open end with an axe, crazy days the 70's

Indeed they were, I was at the QPR v City match when someone threw a knife into the penalty area which stuck in the ground not far from the keeper - Phil Parkes I think.

Pretty sure it was the same day as this notorious occurrence at the Liverpool v Man.Utd game:

:image.jpeg.116ea674a9316af923d5abcd41ddae15.jpeg

Remember the darts incident with Fulham goalkeeper Peter Mellor at AG too.

Archived