IGNORED

Luton Away/Ticket Requests (Merged)

BCFC1512

20 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

As long as we are allowed to stand!

They bolted seats to the terrace - anyone 6ft plus won't fit :facepalm:

Dont remind me. Your knees touch your chin and your elbows could be confiscated as an offensive weapon. Great for a New Year's rendition of Auld Lang Syne, but potentially fatal.

Why dont they just remove the seating and call it a mosh pit. Such a work of art in Luton would surely win the Turner prize. Bangin'.

This is appalling. I don't usually kick-off about these things, but have made a real effort to go on the road this season and Luton away was one I definitely wanted to do.

I have been checking the site all week for news for when on sale as anticipated it would be anytime. Lo and behold, I  check in my lunch break to find out that not only had they gone on sale, they have also sold out.

Surely at least 24 hours notice before going on sale to allow people to plan is not asking too much?

I booked the weekend off specifically to go and didn’t know they were on sale. Great

Don’t get me wrong fantastic support but if there had been a tweet or little news thing saying they’d go on sale this morning I would have snapped up a couple. Think it is a bit poor on the communication side of things

40 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Does it really matter how much notice they have given? Its sold out, so even if they did give more notice some people who have tickets now wouldnt have got them and then they would be moaning saying they couldnt get one.

At least they'd have had a fair chance to get one. Not just based on luck of checking the website on a random Friday morning.

1 hour ago, TuxHarry said:

Why did the ticket office only give 20 minute notice on this for the smallest allocation of the season?

A load of my mates are going to miss out on tickets unless they check their effin phones, piss poor planning this is.

Basically it’s because most things associated with ticket sales and IT are not really up to standard. The ground and the playing side of things have improved tremendously in recent years but some of the technical things are behind the times 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Indeed they were, I was at the QPR v City match when someone threw a knife into the penalty area which stuck in the ground not far from the keeper - Phil Parkes I think.

Pretty sure it was the same day as this notorious occurrence at the Liverpool v Man.Utd game:

:image.jpeg.116ea674a9316af923d5abcd41ddae15.jpeg

Remember the darts incident with Fulham goalkeeper Peter Mellor at AG too.

This is what you could have won ...

Got to admit that I am upset too about the way the club sells away tickets. Yes I know I have mine but as I said I can feel the pain of others as I’ve been there myself.

The club should have a timeline set in stone, eg 10am exactly two weeks before the day of the match for example, or two weeks and a day if they didn’t want to sell on a Saturday. People would know then when to expect them to be released and at least have half a chance of planning.

1 hour ago, TuxHarry said:

What my mates problem because they work during the week and don’t have access to their phones at the click of a finger?

Weird bloke you are, lots will miss out who intended to go because of the short notice.

If there were 1,000 tickets available and 1,000 tickets sold out, it doesn’t matter when they release them - the same number of people will miss out.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If there were 1,000 tickets available and 1,000 tickets sold out, it doesn’t matter when they release them - the same number of people will miss out.

I think the point he’s trying to make, is that if there was more notice as to when the tickets were being released, they would have been better organised. 

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I think the point he’s trying to make, is that if there was more notice as to when the tickets were being released, they would have been better organised. 

I appreciate that and I accept the lack of notice isn’t great, I’m just challenging his assertion that “people who intended to go” are missing out. The lack of notice is irrelevant to that.

40 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Surely at least 24 hours notice before going on sale to allow people to plan is not asking too much?

I haven't missed a game home or away for over 2 years but if it wasn't for a text out of the blue this morning knowing I might not see this, I'd have missed out too. I don't even visit the City website regularly certainly not at 9.30am at work. I was in a meeting and had to sort it on my phone.

Does seem stupid and I fully expect to speak to  people tomorrow at Preston who do all the long slogs but would never have seen the news in time today. The thing about people who go to lots away is they often have to put a shift in the rest of the time, rather than sit staring at bcfc.co.uk.

Zero superfan argument here - simply think it is very sad that people (not me) who put a lot of effort and sacrifices with work to travel and support City, would miss out on a game because they're working when City put out information like this without any serious thought or consideration.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m just challenging his assertion that “people who intended to go” are missing out. The lack of notice is irrelevant to that.

Can guarantee that's wrong. This isn't about priority, I know enough season ticket holders from away games who given their jobs could quite easily be tied up all day today without any sight of City news to know or prepare to buy their ticket for this game. I wasn't expecting or ready for it either.

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Can guarantee that's wrong. This isn't about priority, I know enough season ticket holders from away games who given their jobs could quite easily be tied up all day today without any sight of City news to know or prepare to buy their ticket for this game. I wasn't expecting or ready for it either.

I think the point he's making is, if 3,000 people wanted to go, 2,000 would always miss out.

17 minutes ago, Olé said:

But anyone who bought a ticket intended to go. So if they hadn’t got them and someone else had, they would have been the ones “intending to go who missed out”.

So whenever the tickets were released, people who intended to go would have missed out in this instance - so the timing is irrelevant. That’s the point I’m making and I don’t how you can logically describe that as “wrong”.

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

Totally agree Rob, I looked about 08.30 and no news, was only a call that alerted me, 75 left when I logged on. Surely not that difficult to do priority based on previous away purchases. Will definitely need some sort of priority if we go up with Glory Hunters all wanting tickets. 

4 minutes ago, MurrayLives said:

This is why I have twitter notification alerts turned on.

I can't even follow the club on any forms of social media due to the awful content they put out. So to have notifications on for it would do my head in even more ?

If it was just news, match updates & the occasional video, it would be much better. 

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But anyone who bought a ticket intended to go. So if they hadn’t got them and someone else had, they would have been the ones “intending to go who missed out”.

So whenever the tickets were released, people who intended to go would have missed out in this instance - so the timing is irrelevant. That’s the point I’m making and I don’t how you can logically describe that as “wrong”.

It’s wrong because they normally give advance notice and didn’t this time - they changed things around for some unknown reason so it wasn’t consistent with all other Away ticket sales.

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't go in for the endless circular arguments OTIB throws up about trivial differences of opinion like this - you're making a valid semantic point which is fair enough but you're also more than capable of knowing exactly the point I'm making too.

Which isn't about simply "intending to go", but about always going because you travel come rain or shine, in a few hundred at Hull or however many it'll be tomorrow. That's a far smaller number who were guaranteed to go but weren't given a chance.

21 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I can't even follow the club on any forms of social media due to the awful content they put out. So to have notifications on for it would do my head in even more ?

If it was just news, match updates & the occasional video, it would be much better. 

Can't disagree with that, I just learn to mentally filter out all the crap.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

I don't go in for the endless circular arguments OTIB throws up about trivial differences of opinion like this - you're making a valid semantic point which is fair enough but you're also more than capable of knowing exactly the point I'm making too.

Which isn't about simply "intending to go", but about always going because you travel come rain or shine, in a few hundred at Hull or however many it'll be tomorrow. That's a far smaller number who were guaranteed to go but weren't given a chance.

As I said earlier in the thread, given the small allocation, a priority process should have been implemented. 

Archived