IGNORED

Luton Away/Ticket Requests (Merged)

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

As I said earlier in the thread, given the small allocation, a priority process should have been implemented. 

A priority window would be like the Holy Grail.

Just getting a decent period of notice that they are going on sale should be common courtesy

Stuff like this opens up the Fans v Customer argument.

What was the rush for getting on Sale today? Announce today, let the Preston game happen and then sell on Monday. It's not like the tickets will be posted out today, or people will be able to collect them tomorrow. 

On 25/09/2019 at 17:09, swampy said:

'Despite being an absolute dump'  Why do supporters always have to try and start a row?  It might be true but it's not your fault where you are born.  The film 'Blinded by the Light' was based there and it was a half-decent movie.  And they're a well supported side if you take the average crowd/population statistic.  Using that figure, Burnley are the best supported side in England along with Shrewsbury.  Great Bristol with a 750k population and combined attendances of 35k comes out very badly.  Went to Luton many decades ago before that daft low level stand with its executive boxes and little else ... but as posters have said, a good old-fashioned ground.  And supporters will no doubt (predictably) start a row with some sort of chant about them being just a 'small town in Asia' ... a reflection of the average football 'supporter's' IQ.  

it is a dump and it is like a small town in asia .

2 hours ago, Olé said:

I haven't missed a game home or away for over 2 years but if it wasn't for a text out of the blue this morning knowing I might not see this, I'd have missed out too. I don't even visit the City website regularly certainly not at 9.30am at work. I was in a meeting and had to sort it on my phone.

Does seem stupid and I fully expect to speak to  people tomorrow at Preston who do all the long slogs but would never have seen the news in time today. The thing about people who go to lots away is they often have to put a shift in the rest of the time, rather than sit staring at bcfc.co.uk.

Zero superfan argument here - simply think it is very sad that people (not me) who put a lot of effort and sacrifices with work to travel and support City, would miss out on a game because they're working when City put out information like this without any serious thought or consideration.

I'm with you. I'd like to think I was pretty well organised and this has taken me completely by surprise...but hey ho...better be worth that long journey to Preston tomorrow!

Back in the not too distant past when the club actually consulted with us through the FAN, the question of priority allocations or a points based system was dismissed by the club because the numbers who went to all away games were relatively small. Luckily I checked the website this morning and have a ticket but can sympathise with anyone who missed out, I’d be well and truly p***** if it was me. 

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It’s wrong because they normally give advance notice and didn’t this time - they changed things around for some unknown reason so it wasn’t consistent with all other Away ticket sales.

It will be interesting to know if there is any rules for not being able to sell at such short notice.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Can agree with both points, but no idea why the club give us such short notice

I'm lucky today I was online and saw the release info, if it had been earlier in the week when I was at cricket I would not have seen the details

@TuxHarry do what I did and I've bought additional tickets in the off chance those that I know that are at work and not aware will probably want one. If not I will have some spare

This is going to sell out in the hour by the looks of things

If you do have one spare after speaking to your mates, a very disappointed fellow Somerset fan who's had a very difficult week (me) is looking for 1. ?

I booked my train weeks ago 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

I don't go in for the endless circular arguments OTIB throws up about trivial differences of opinion like this - you're making a valid semantic point which is fair enough but you're also more than capable of knowing exactly the point I'm making too.

Which isn't about simply "intending to go", but about always going because you travel come rain or shine, in a few hundred at Hull or however many it'll be tomorrow. That's a far smaller number who were guaranteed to go but weren't given a chance.

It doesn't seem fair to reward those who went to Hull with a trip to Luton. ?

In all seriousness, I think your point is valid.  It shouldn't be too hard to award points to supporters who attend games (and places like Hull get more points) and give the people with most points first dibs for tickets.

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

Back in the not too distant past when the club actually consulted with us through the FAN, the question of priority allocations or a points based system was dismissed by the club because the numbers who went to all away games were relatively small. Luckily I checked the website this morning and have a ticket but can sympathise with anyone who missed out, I’d be well and truly p***** if it was me. 

They managed it in the past, with points based on which games you attended. Accepted that not many attend all away matches, but quite a few of us attend more than 50%, and not just the easier ones. 

I think I agree with those who have said it's only a small allocation so some people would have missed out anyway, but I imagine people were not expecting to miss out due to not knowing the tickets were on sale! I would have been thoroughly disappointed if that was the case as this has been on my radar since the fixtures came out, but fortunately @Citybirdwas on hand to drop me a WhatsApp this morning.

I think the club should look into this as it is a bit poor. 

The club need to be looking at this a bit more carefully. 
With a reduced allocation at Fulham, there is likely to be a mad rush for tickets for that game as well. 
If we carry on doing well, Swansea away at the end of the season will again sell out very quickly if it’s a free-for-all.

There needs to be some priority given to those who travel regularly. 

35 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

With a reduced allocation at Fulham, there is likely to be a mad rush for tickets for that game as well. 
If we carry on doing well, Swansea away at the end of the season will again sell out very quickly if it’s a free-for-all.

What’s the Fulham allocation now side stand is being built?

41 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I agree, many other clubs are able to prioritise tickets for those that have attended the most away games.

It seems churlish not to recognise their loyalty.

The club have handled this badly. There must be plenty of fans who travel to every or most away games who came home at the end of the day to find that tickets had gone on sale and been sold out during the time they were at work. Surely it’s not hard for tickets for games like this (small allocation likely to sell out) to be put on priority sale for those who travel regularly? Or at the very least for fans to be given advance notice of when they’re going on sale?

I live about half an hour from Luton so this was one I’d picked out to go to early doors but again, like most others, was disappointed about the lack of notice of them going on sale.

Literally checked the website at around 1 this afternoon and saw they’d been on sale for 3 hours already and inevitably sold out.

Anyway if anyone finds their circumstances change and can’t go I’d be grateful of 2 ?? COYR

Even though i got one i can't help but feel the club have ballsed up something that really didn't need to be. Would it have hurt to have announced it then left it until monday? 

Also...

During the promotion season didn’t the club do a priority system for season ticket holders who had been to 2 or more away games? For yeovil or somewhere else relativiely local that was always going to sell out?

There is a list of all the games youve attended on your Bristol sport account so surely it wouldnt be difficult to implement regularly. 

We are going to need something if we ever get to the premier league!! 

I got lucky as i received a text from a friend to let me know it was on sale and was working from home today. Any other friday id have been in the office and would probably either not have seen the text or not been able to get on to buy. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Why have a priority? That means the same people will get tickets for all the games! Same as Glastonbury, if you get a ticket, then great. if you don't,tough. Why cant we share tickets around, after all, is one supporter more worthy than another?

What's needed is a system. This season alone away tickets have gone on sale at 10.00 on the appointed day and flagged well in advance...at about 10.47 having been announced as gain on sale at 10.00, with no explanation...and today at 10.00 with more or less no notice at all. 

If it's a lottery then say so. Let every season ticket holder who wants a ticket apply and have a random draw...like they do for major football tournaments.

If it's a first come first serve arrangement let's see the website crash for every match with a small allocation in London and unhappiness.

Or could we do what every other club with larger away following than their allocation does and have a properly managed points system that rewards loyalty. As that would require investment and effort that is the most difficult to arrange...but it's been done in the past.

16 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Why have a priority? That means the same people will get tickets for all the games! Same as Glastonbury, if you get a ticket, then great. if you don't,tough. Why cant we share tickets around, after all, is one supporter more worthy than another?

Just go to Barnsley, Hull, Preston etc. No problem with tickets for those, then you’d qualify if we get a game with a low allocation.

Archived