IGNORED

Luton Away/Ticket Requests (Merged)

BCFC1512

18 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Why have a priority? That means the same people will get tickets for all the games! Same as Glastonbury, if you get a ticket, then great. if you don't,tough. Why cant we share tickets around, after all, is one supporter more worthy than another?

Swansea away could be a huge game, why should someone who’s not been arsed to go away all season have the same priority level as someone who’s travelled all over the country, all season long?

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Swansea away could be a huge game, why should someone who’s not been arsed to go away all season have the same priority level as someone who’s travelled all over the country, all season long?

Exactly. I might have been to Wimbledon and FGR preseason, and to Birmingham, QPR in the cup, Stoke, Preston tomorrow and Brentford next week, but I don't mind being behind someone in the queue who's also done Derby, Hull and a Friday night in Barnsley. I mildly resent missing out on Luton because I was unaware that tickets were even going on sale...

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Weve got 15000 season ticket holders, granted they don't all want to go away. But why should the same people get ticketes, while the same people miss out?

12 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Just go to Barnsley, Hull, Preston etc. No problem with tickets for those, then you’d qualify if we get a game with a low allocation.

That's bollocks, so only super fans get tickets then? That's your choice to go every week, we cant all commit. I wanted to go to Luton but missed out  that's tough shit!

4 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Weve got 15000 season ticket holders, granted they don't all want to go away. But why should the same people get ticketes, while the same people miss out?

Because the some people who get tickets will be the same people who have supported the team away from home throughout the season. 
It costs a lot of money and time following the City away, of course the ones who go more regularly should be rewarded for this by getting priority for the big games. 

9 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

@Betty Swallocks may have beaten me to it but it really shouldn't be 'tough' anything. A willingness to travel away and support the side should be rewarded...if the club wants fans to travel to away matches. Any season ticket holder wanting to get a ticket tomorrow can pay on the gate...but the vast majority have other things to do.

I'm lucky enough to be able to travel a fair bit at the moment but I don't have a problem with people who do it every Saturday being ahead of me in the queue.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Because the some people who get tickets will be the same people who have supported the team away from home throughout the season. 
It costs a lot of money and time following the City away, of course the ones who go more regularly should be rewarded for this by getting priority for the big games. 

Why? I don't doubt your commitment to the cause, but theres other fans that want tickets, but cant get them.

2 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Why? I don't doubt your commitment to the cause, but theres other fans that want tickets, but cant get them.

Why?!!.... you sound like a child who’s just being annoying. 
I’ve clearly set out why it’s important for people who go regularly to be rewarded with priority for the bigger games. 

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I’ve clearly set out why it’s important for people who go regularly to be rewarded with priority for the bigger games. 

Indeed. With all due respect to @Hello Dave, and appreciating that we are all City fans, the vast majority of away games don't sell out. Anyone can go tomorrow. The games that sell out are the easy ones to get to, and for those the front of the queue, in my opinion, should be reserved for the people who made it when others didn't...which often won't include me.

10 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

That's bollocks, so only super fans get tickets then? That's your choice to go every week, we cant all commit. I wanted to go to Luton but missed out  that's tough shit!

No, those of us that make the effort most weeks, rewarding loyalty and effort. It’s only about once or twice a season at the moment that tickets are in short supply, so give the regulars priority for those games. If you can only make one or two, you have plenty of other choices.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

All im saying is, just because you go to x amount of games, why should you have priority when theres a limited amount of tickets? Someone is bound to miss out. I remember queing up at 4 in the morning for Walsall tickets in the play offs. IF I hadn't been to another game all season, would that have made me any less deserving?

All im saying is, just because you go to x amount of games, why should you have priority when theres a limited amount of tickets? Someone is bound to miss out. I remember queing up at 4 in the morning for Walsall tickets in the play offs. IF I hadn't been to another game all season, would that have made me any less deserving?

Less deserving that someone who'd been to every away match that season? Yes, I think you would have been.

Season ticket holders already get a priority over people unable to make that financial commitment...why should they if it's just a lottery?

5 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Yes of course you would have been less deserving.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Less deserving that someone who'd been to every away match that season? Yes, I think you would have been.

Season ticket holders already get a priority over people unable to make that financial commitment...why should they if it's just a lottery?

I am a season ticket holder that cant go to every away game, some games theres more fans than tickets. Why cant it be a lottery for season ticket holders?

23 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Did you think the manchester united home game should have just been one massive general sale ? Because the same people who go to every home game got priority for that.

1 minute ago, Hello Dave said:

I am a season ticket holder that cant go to every away game, some games theres more fans than tickets. Why cant it be a lottery for season ticket holders?

I don't think that's a great idea personally, I think people who travel a lot should be rewarded...I think away travel is quite a different commitment to watching the side at home, in money and time. The best part of £100 for some away matches.

...BUT having been a member of the England travel club and realising that there are people who have been to every game for a couple of decades, meaning I will never get a ticket, I can see that a lottery might open it up more. But a lottery would need to be just that...everyone who wants to go applies and if that's more people than we have tickets for there is a random draw...like for the Euros next summer. Not a 'if you are in the know or live around the corner  you get to the front of the queue for the big matches' affair.

3 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Did you think the manchester united home game should have just been one massive general sale ? Because the same people who go to every home game got priority for that.

Not at all, season ticket holders get priority. But if theres not enough tickets to go around, why should the same people get them?

56 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Why have a priority? That means the same people will get tickets for all the games! Same as Glastonbury, if you get a ticket, then great. if you don't,tough. Why cant we share tickets around, after all, is one supporter more worthy than another?

We very rarely sell out, if you want to go to games then you can.

I believe the 3 or 4 times we do sell out, the people that go to the most away games should have priority over others.

Whether it's strong commitment, nothing else to do, because of their location or just a crazy love for Bristol City,  they've shown that it means more to them to go to our away games.

I believe the 3 or 4 times we do sell out, the people that go to the most away games should have priority over others.

Whether it's strong commitment, nothing else to do, because of their location or just a crazy love for Bristol City,  they've shown that it means more to them to go to our away games.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I don't think that's a great idea personally, I think people who travel a lot should be rewarded...I think away travel is quite a different commitment to watching the side at home, in money and time. The best part of £100 for some away matches.

...BUT having been a member of the England travel club and realising that there are people who have been to every game for a couple of decades, meaning I will never get a ticket, I can see that a lottery might open it up more. But a lottery would need to be just that...everyone who wants to go applies and if that's more people than we have tickets for there is a random draw...like for the Euros next summer. Not a 'if you are in the know or live around the corner  you get to the front of the queue for the big matches' affair.

I think youre right re England. Its the same at Glastonbury, people saying they go every year, then moan like **** that one year they cant get a ticket. Well perhaps its someone elses turn that hasn't been before!!

2 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Have you got a stutter?

New to the forum so I'm ready to be shot down in flames, but wanted to post that I'm genuinely gutted that I'm unable to get a ticket for Luton away, iv been to all away games this season and going to preston tomorrow, with my 9 year old son. Driving up just the 2 of us so going to be a long day. 

Im only a membership owner, but was hoping that maybe a few hundred would of been saved to go on sale for membership owners but also understand that season ticket holders should have first refusal, 

Shame we couldn't get the same support tomorrow, just because it's double the distance

On 25/09/2019 at 17:57, Red7 said:

Went there to watch City many years ago. Luckily the game got called off (very late on), so didn't have to spend too long there.

A midweek, cup (replay) game, back in the 1980s?

If it was the same game, I seem to recall it had been raining heavily all day - I was working in Watford at the time - and was just about to leave my office when I received a call from my local, Luton-supporting colleague telling me not to bother due to the torrential downpour.

I decided to take a chance, fought my way through the Watford rush hour traffic only to hear on the radio that the match had been postponed: two hours in a constant traffic jam for absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A midweek, cup (replay) game, back in the 1980s?

If it was the same game, I seem to recall it had been raining heavily all day - I was working in Watford at the time - and was just about to leave my office when I received a call from my local, Luton-supporting colleague telling me not to bother due to the torrential downpour.

I decided to take a chance, fought my way through the Watford rush hour traffic only to hear on the radio that the match had been postponed: two hours in a constant traffic jam for absolutely nothing.

I was also on the way to that match...and have never been to Kenilworth Road as a consequence.

Not at all, season ticket holders get priority. But if theres not enough tickets to go around, why should the same people get them?

There wasn't enough tickets available for the manchester united game. It sold out on members sale, so there will be fans that didn’t get tickets who werent season ticket holders and not members (members sale was also broken down by a priority level, those who went to games and those that didnt) so effectively the same people that always attend games got tickets.

Why should away games be any different? 

I'm sorry if i'm coming across as arguementative, but frankly as a season ticket holder who travels 143 miles each way for home games and also attends at least 15 away games a season... Id be absolutely livid if we go up and i couldn't get a ticket for old trafford (3 miles from my house) as there is no loyalty system in place and people whod never been to an away game bought all the tickets. 

However, if i missed out with a priority system in place id be more understanding (if still a bit annoyed).

1 hour ago, Hello Dave said:

Whether it's strong commitment, nothing else to do, because of their location or just a crazy love for Bristol City,  they've shown that it means more to them to go to our away games

42 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

I remember queing up at 4 in the morning for Walsall tickets in the play offs....

I was in that queue pal - think I got there around 2.30am - dear old Des Williams walked down the queue with some cups and a pot of tea - what a legend our former chairman was - I was gutted when his name disappeared from the stand named after him ...

Archived