IGNORED

Luton Away/Ticket Requests (Merged)

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Hello Dave said:

Why have a priority? That means the same people will get tickets for all the games! Same as Glastonbury, if you get a ticket, then great. if you don't,tough. Why cant we share tickets around, after all, is one supporter more worthy than another?

Well for a start, Glastonbury ticket launch is announced well in advance so that all who want a ticket are in with an equal chance, at least. That didn't happen here.

In any case I don't believe there's a comparison between those who would like to attend an annual festival and those who follow their football team all over the country every week.

I only go to about five away games a season on average but was targeting the Luton game, having not been there for about fifteen years. If I had managed to get a ticket ahead of all those regular away travellers mentioned by Ole above, would that have been fair enough? No I don't think it would. A priority system is absolutely needed in cases like this and yes, the lads who go away all the time ARE more worthy when it comes to ticket allocation, sorry. 

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing you've answered your own question

So your not ready to follow overland and sea and Cardiff?? 

If we get promotion you wouldn't fancy Newcastle/ Manchester ect

My point is don't worry about the distance we should be selling the same as Luton away for all away games minimum 

I go to every game. I don’t expect any recognition or special privileges. But what really ***** me off is away games when there’s day trippers hanging round the ticket office not looking to buy a ticket but waiting for freebies from their ‘mates’ at the club. You can bet there will be plenty of ‘mates’ tickets going for Luton.

• Admin
4 hours ago, BCFCALEX said:

So your not ready to follow overland and sea and Cardiff?? 

If we get promotion you wouldn't fancy Newcastle/ Manchester ect

My point is don't worry about the distance we should be selling the same as Luton away for all away games minimum 

I don't disagree with your point but ultimately it comes down to ££ and some people will have to pick and choose their games 

On 26/09/2019 at 12:10, Nogbad the Bad said:

Haven't been there since Nov.75. Special train iirc.

0-0 draw, only highlight being Jimmy Mann thwacking the bar at our end with typical languid ferocity from about 30 yards.

Plus brawling when Luton fans came into our end which was an open terrace in those days.

I was there too. Remember all of that plus it was the featured ITV game on the Sunday Big Match

9 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Can you imagine the Bristol Sport IT department setting up a priority system? ?

9 hours ago, Red Exile said:

frankly...no.

They managed it for the Manchester cup games and it worked very well.

Priority was tiered for members depending on the number of matches purchased that season. It also had the added bonus effect of encouraging members like myself to attend more games to push themselves into a higher category; future games counted as well as past ones.

It should be very do-able for away matches in a similar way.

16 hours ago, Olé said:

I don't go in for the endless circular arguments OTIB throws up about trivial differences of opinion like this - you're making a valid semantic point which is fair enough but you're also more than capable of knowing exactly the point I'm making too.

Which isn't about simply "intending to go", but about always going because you travel come rain or shine, in a few hundred at Hull or however many it'll be tomorrow. That's a far smaller number who were guaranteed to go but weren't given a chance.

That’s fair enough Rob and I do of course agree. Club screwed up here, not denying that for a second.

54 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They managed it for the Manchester cup games and it worked very well.

Priority was tiered for members depending on the number of matches purchased that season. It also had the added bonus effect of encouraging members like myself to attend more games to push themselves into a higher category; future games counted as well as past ones.

It should be very do-able for away matches in a similar way.

Oh I don't deny that it's very do-able. But then so is giving more than a couple of hours notice of ticket sales for the most constrained away match of the regular season. But it would require re-establishing, maintaining and policing a robust tracking system of sales and points acquired. Such a system existed in the past but I question whether a club happy to employ such a seemingły anonymous SLO will think that worth the effort. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong!

13 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A midweek, cup (replay) game, back in the 1980s?

I think it was the original cup game on a weekend before that replay. Memory a bit hazy. Got to Luton to find out it had been called off, so went to watch Villa v Sags instead. Think a lot of City fans did the same. 

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

England have a reasonable system of rewarding those who go all the time and also giving a chance to those with less caps. Would like to see something like this for games away with low allocations. 

Big difference is that most England games sell out, so getting caps is less easy. With City it is only usually once or twice a season, so if you only want to do an occasional away game, you still have more than 20 to choose from. I really don’t see what the issue is, those that make the effort going to away games regularly, particularly the long distance trips, should get priority on the rare occasions that demand is greater than supply.

On 25/09/2019 at 19:42, Grey Fox said:

Went to the League Cup match there a couple of years ago (lost 2-3) , had a couple of pints in the Conservative Club, followed by one of the best, and cheapest, curries i've ever had in one of the local restaurants, not so bad.

First visit there was early 70's, we lost 0-3 , Malcolm Macdonald tore us apart, however the Luton Supporters club were happy to serve me cider , age 15, so could have been worse

There’s a curry house, in Luton...?! 

I met a bloke yesterday who has gone to every game for 7 years who did not get a ticket,a few years ago we got Haywood Swifts in the Fa cup and only had a few hundred tickets what if that happens again ? There should be a system where the people who travel to every away game can get a ticket,maybe a voucher given at Middlesbough away that gives priority or on the database just those that go to every away game are given priority.

The Club does not appreciate these fans they just think that if they get the money for away travel it's OK, but it is not OK, as the real fans miss out ! 

7 minutes ago, foghornred said:

I met a bloke yesterday who has gone to every game for 7 years who did not get a ticket,a few years ago we got Haywood Swifts in the Fa cup and only had a few hundred tickets what if that happens again ? There should be a system where the people who travel to every away game can get a ticket,maybe a voucher given at Middlesbough away that gives priority or on the database just those that go to every away game are given priority.

The Club does not appreciate these fans they just think that if they get the money for away travel it's OK, but it is not OK, as the real fans miss out ! 

So what would stop someone buying a ticket for Middlesbrough Away and not going to the match just so that they then get priority for other more glamorous games. No system is infallible. Points systems don't work for this very reason and it results in the same people getting tickets (whether they attend the matches or not). Not sure how many season ticket holders travel regularly away ( the club would know this) probably no more than 1,000 - 1500. The current system of Season ticket priority is the fairest imho that way it is first come first served. Yes we all agree the club messed up with this one but frankly they sold out so don't care who bought the tickets. Whatever system is used for a small allocation like Luton then some people miss out for whatever reason (me included).

Priority system or not, the ‘fairest’ way to do it is to give fans enough notice that tickets are going on sale. That way they can make sure they’re prepared to get online or on the phone at the required time.

If I then missed out due to others getting in there first then fair enough, but at least I would have had a fair crack at getting one.

The 26 minutes notice given by the club during a time when people will have been at work was ridiculous. Would be interested in hearing the reason behind it to be fair.

Did season ticket holders get first shout of Luton away ( sorry I don’t know ) .If so then that’s fine and that’s the correct people given priority, regardless to whether you’ve travelled to 10 or 3 away games , if you pick and choose you take your chance only way to be sure is be a season ticket holder !

49 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Did season ticket holders get first shout of Luton away ( sorry I don’t know ) .If so then that’s fine and that’s the correct people given priority, regardless to whether you’ve travelled to 10 or 3 away games , if you pick and choose you take your chance only way to be sure is be a season ticket holder !

Yes they did but I think the fuss is that we were only given 28 minutes notice and at a time when people either at work or on way to work 

I was hoping to make this a new ground for me this season although I knew that only being a member the chances of getting a ticket were possibly slim.  Despite knowing that somehow I still feel disappointed. Really feel for the likes of the person who has been to every game for seven years. 

Although I know I am not the most worthy no one yet seems to have said ………… any tickets going for the Luton game PM me...so I'll be the first in the queue to request ;)

6 hours ago, foghornred said:

Surely all of those who got tickets are season ticket holders? How are they not ‘real fans’?

Exactly the fact they sold quickly is not the clubs fault and the fact it went on line at 9am ( normal start of business) when people were at work is not the clubs fault and the fact there was only a handful of tickets remaining after season ticket holders purchased there’s is not the clubs fault , so just take it on the chin or buy a season ticket ,half season tickets will be on sale Xmas time so you’ll get your chance then . 

23 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Exactly the fact they sold quickly is not the clubs fault and the fact it went on line at 9am ( normal start of business) when people were at work is not the clubs fault and the fact there was only a handful of tickets remaining after season ticket holders purchased there’s is not the clubs fault , so just take it on the chin or buy a season ticket ,half season tickets will be on sale Xmas time so you’ll get your chance then . 

People aren’t complaining about the fact sales didn’t make it past season ticket holders. In fact most of the people are season ticket holders saying they didn’t even realise they were on sale until they got home from work at which point they were sold out. 

Believe it or not, not everyone can monitor social media etc during the working day, so a couple of days notice that they were going on sale, rather than the 26 minutes that the Club gave would have been nice.

4 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I don't think you quite get it

4 hours ago, Magger1 said:

There's probably 2 or 3000 season ticket holders like myself who would like a ticket but dont have one and that was always going to be the case however they did it.

It would have been nice if we all had a level playing field of knowing when we could at least try and get them but I guess the club did it this way to avoid a site crash

31 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

There's probably 2 or 3000 season ticket holders like myself who would like a ticket but dont have one and that was always going to be the case however they did it.

It would have been nice if we all had a level playing field of knowing when we could at least try and get them but I guess the club did it this way to avoid a site crash

Taking into account non-season ticket holders that would mean us taking around 5 or 6 thousand to Luton. I would be surprised at that.

But you are right, almost certainly to avoid a system crash.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Out of interest, what size was the allocation and how long did it take to sell out?

Seems the club should've handled it better in any case but just would be interesting to know the above.

Read somewhere it sold out within 2 hours.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks.

That's pretty impressive for a game that was about 3 weeks away!

I'm surprised it sold out so much quicker than Brentford.

Bigger allocation for Griffin Park, of course, even so it took longer than I expected to sell out.

Maybe because Kenilworth Road is a new ground for many - we haven't played there in the League since 2005 (League Cup 2015)

Archived