IGNORED

Luton Away/Ticket Requests (Merged)

BCFC1512

13 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

So what would stop someone buying a ticket for Middlesbrough Away and not going to the match just so that they then get priority for other more glamorous games. No system is infallible. Points systems don't work for this very reason and it results in the same people getting tickets (whether they attend the matches or not). Not sure how many season ticket holders travel regularly away ( the club would know this) probably no more than 1,000 - 1500. The current system of Season ticket priority is the fairest imho that way it is first come first served. Yes we all agree the club messed up with this one but frankly they sold out so don't care who bought the tickets. Whatever system is used for a small allocation like Luton then some people miss out for whatever reason (me included).

You just don’t get it do you. Some people attend every away game, and quite a few of us attend a large number. Why should we not be rewarded for our efforts in trekking to Hull, Barnsley etc, just so that somebody can make that their one trip of the season. All this garbage about a ‘closed shop’, hardly rings true as there are no problems for most away games. 

I should add that most of the regulars are the ones who go regardless of how well City are doing. Some of us were there, home and away, as City crashed down the League and hit rock bottom. 

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm surprised it sold out so much quicker than Brentford.

Bigger allocation for Griffin Park, of course, even so it took longer than I expected to sell out.

Maybe because Kenilworth Road is a new ground for many - we haven't played there in the League since 2005 (League Cup 2015)

Luton is on a Saturday,  Brentford on a Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Luton is on a Saturday,  Brentford on a Wednesday. 

Fair point, and will certainly make a difference.

Luton selling out in 2 hours still seems to have taken everyone by surprise though, doubly so when they sold out before many fans were apparently even aware they were on sale.

Brentford, though always likely to sell out, seemed to be a slow burner, Luton tickets went like a bomb.

On 27/09/2019 at 20:56, Hello Dave said:

Weve got 15000 season ticket holders, granted they don't all want to go away. But why should the same people get ticketes, while the same people miss out?

It seems it has all been explained pretty well. If someone travels away to a lot of games why should someone who hasn't been to any get a ticket to a game that will be a quick sellout? Yet the person(s) who have travelled all over the country and spending a hell of a lot of money doing so miss out? The fans who go all over the country should get priority imo, and as mentioned most games are not sellouts so nobody misses out on most games.

But a match like this should have been priority bookings on a simple points based system. As for anyone booking tickets and not going just to get some points and priorities then I just don't see many people forking out cash for tickets for away games and just not going so they can get a ticket for a handful of sellouts.

12 minutes ago, wood_red said:

It seems it has all been explained pretty well. If someone travels away to a lot of games why should someone who hasn't been to any get a ticket to a game that will be a quick sellout? Yet the person(s) who have travelled all over the country and spending a hell of a lot of money doing so miss out? The fans who go all over the country should get priority imo, and as mentioned most games are not sellouts so nobody misses out on most games.

But a match like this should have been priority bookings on a simple points based system. As for anyone booking tickets and not going just to get some points and priorities then I just don't see many people forking out cash for tickets for away games and just not going so they can get a ticket for a handful of sellouts.

What you might get though.

Person A buys a ticket for say Wigan away.

'Cannot make it'- sells it and indeed puts it up for sale at a slight loss- ie costs £25, but will accept £18. Win-win- Person A gets their points, Person B who was possibly thinking of going anyway gets it at a slight discount.

Few away games- when Brentford, Luton away and maybe one or two others come about- Priority!

Not that I am advocating it and tbh there is probably some regulation or even law against it so I definitely am not advising it, but there's one possible loophole  right there.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

'Cannot make it'- sells it and indeed puts it up for sale at a slight loss- ie costs £25, but will accept £18. Win-win- Person A gets their points, Person B who was possibly thinking of going anyway gets it at a slight discount.

Few away games- when Brentford, Luton away and maybe one or two others come about- Priority!

Not that I am advocating it and tbh there is probably some regulation or even law against it so I definitely am not advising it, but there's one possible workaround right there.

Yes I did think about that as that is what Arsenal (i think) do. They sell back to the club who sells it, assuming you cannot do it every week though?

The thing with us though if you are a season ticket holder then there will only be a few (if that) throughout the whole season where you would need a priority and that is including cup games so that is why I think people wouldn't lose money regularly. I am a season ticket holder and have been to plenty of away games last few seasons and have never had an issue getting a ticket, as season tickets are first come first served - and they still seem to be on sale for a couple of days anyway. If we do ever get to the Prem then yes something would need to be implemented as there will be games in high demand and would sellout in an hour - I could see people buying up tickets then and selling them at a loss if it means going to some of the games.

If there isn’t going to be a priority/ loyalty type of system for away tickets, then maybe to be fair to everyone the priority should be taken away for renewing season tickets as well ? Why should someone who has had the same season ticket for years get priority over anyone else? How else are new fans supposed to get in?

(warning: contains sarcasm)

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not that I am advocating it and tbh there is probably some regulation or even law against it so I definitely am not advising it, but there's one possible loophole  right there.

Do you really think that anyone would faff around like that, just for a chance of an occasional ticket. Most of us have a much simpler method, buy tickets and travel to the games.

12 hours ago, Chappers said:

You just don’t get it do you. Some people attend every away game, and quite a few of us attend a large number. Why should we not be rewarded for our efforts in trekking to Hull, Barnsley etc, just so that somebody can make that their one trip of the season. All this garbage about a ‘closed shop’, hardly rings true as there are no problems for most away games. 

I should add that most of the regulars are the ones who go regardless of how well City are doing. Some of us were there, home and away, as City crashed down the League and hit rock bottom. 

Not sure exactly what you are implying with this line. It has nothing to do with ticket allocation and if it did I too would be near the top of the tree for being there on a cold wet Tuesday night standing on the open end in Division 4 days.

Makes I laugh deez "superfans". So BS3centric they comprehend, not, that for quite a few of us virtually every game is an 'away day'.

Honourable mention for those who recalled going to Luton only to enjoy the boozer courtesy of late abandonments but I note no superfan hereabouts references our greatest ever triumph at Kenilworth, the night in 92 when we drew 1 all and QUALIFIED FOR EUROPE! Now that was a party enjoyed by few.....

One last point re prioritising away tickets on a bonus points system. We have a large support in London and the Midlands. They immediately have 6/7 away games on their doorstep so would rack up points easily putting them in poll position for London  / North west games should we get promoted. Someone travelling from south Somerset , Devon, Cornwall is at a disadvantage due to huge travel time / costs etc.

The only fair system is the current one where the loyal fans (those taking a chance on buying a season ticket and therefore supporting the club financially before the season starts) have first refusal on a first come first served basis for away tickets.

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

One last point re prioritising away tickets on a bonus points system. We have a large support in London and the Midlands. They immediately have 6/7 away games on their doorstep so would rack up points easily putting them in poll position for London  / North west games should we get promoted. Someone travelling from south Somerset , Devon, Cornwall is at a disadvantage due to huge travel time / costs etc.

The only fair system is the current one where the loyal fans (those taking a chance on buying a season ticket and therefore supporting the club financially before the season starts) have first refusal on a first come first served basis for away tickets.

To be fair you'd need a season ticket too. So even if you live in London, you'd have to be a season ticket holder PLUS away game points. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not sure exactly what you are implying with this line. It has nothing to do with ticket allocation and if it did I too would be near the top of the tree for being there on a cold wet Tuesday night standing on the open end in Division 4 days.

Thought it’s pretty clear, when there are limited tickets, give priority to those who make the effort to go to the less attractive away games. Your other point is totally irrelevant, if they live away and have ST’s that’s a lot of miles just to support the club. Just seems that people are trying to find excuses not to reward loyalty and effort. As I keep repeating, we have problems about once or twice a season.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

To be fair you'd need a season ticket too. So even if you live in London, you'd have to be a season ticket holder PLUS away game points. 

The point is that the loyal fan with a season ticket living 2 hrs away (like me) on the other side of Bristol has no multiple away games on their doorstep.

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

That all seems fair until there is a situation like this or another cup run where the whole world wants a ticket. I work with a Man U fan who bought a half season ticket for city so he could get a ticket for the cup game. The only fair system is to reward fans who show loyalty rather than those with money to burn. 

15 minutes ago, Pieman said:

That all seems fair until there is a situation like this or another cup run where the whole world wants a ticket. I work with a Man U fan who bought a half season ticket for city so he could get a ticket for the cup game. The only fair system is to reward fans who show loyalty rather than those with money to burn. 

Surely to show loyalty to have to have money to burn? Many people would struggle to go to a few away games, let alone multiple games plus family commitments etc.

Does that make the person less loyal?

2 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Surely to show loyalty to have to have money to burn? Many people would struggle to go to a few away games, let alone multiple games plus family commitments etc.

In laymans terms yes - regardless if they have less money and cannot afford to go to many away games or as many as they would like to. I cannot afford to go to all 23 away games along with other commitments, if I could go I would.

If I go to half throughout the season I would expect to have priority over someone who has been to none or just a couple, I would also expect the likes of Ole to be prioritised in front of me due to the amount of games he goes to. If next season I go to no away games I wouldn't expect a ticket for one of the sellouts or more glamorous fixtures.

Anyone who doesn't get a ticket, or whatever system was brought in will always feel it is an unfair system though.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

The point is that the loyal fan with a season ticket living 2 hrs away (like me) on the other side of Bristol has no multiple away games on their doorstep.

So far there has only been 1 London game (QPR in the cup). The London games aren't all at once, at the start of the season so I don't believe that argument would work. 

People who go to all away games deserve priority, wherever they live. Those in London with season tickets, still travel 300 miles round trip, every other week for the club. Add on top of that away games, they deserve a priority ticket over just a standard City fan who doesn't go to many away games. 

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

IMO yes. I don’t doubt any other fans passion for the club, they may spend a fortune on home games, buy everything in the club shop and go to sleep every night under a BCFC duvet, but I don’t think they should be in front of fans who go to every away match just because they may fancy the odd away day.

3 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Because we would have 1,000 seperate threads. Simples

It was tongue in cheek mate, there was a thread made earlier in the day from someone wanting a ticket, as well as this current long thread & then the one you added to.

It wasn’t particularly aimed at you mate more the guy who started the thread you replied to because there were already loads of people asking for tickets ?

9 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Can we all club together and get hospitality

Dunno.

But if you are coming from Germany the extra 60 quid over the normal match price you will pay for dinner a prog and seat on the half way line might not be the biggest stretch. You should check the price. when you add it up with grub etc etc its often not as expensive as you might think particularly if your alternative is a ticket tout!

Having looked Luton is home fans only. So people will need to keep their gobs shut!

Archived