IGNORED

Mark Ashton

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Good interview that. I'm certainly warming to our CEO and he seems to be far more 'in touch' than he used to be plus not too many 'buzz' words.

Thanks for posting. 

Interesting use of the word 'quantum'.

I like the bloke.  The buzzwords don't bother me as he does his job well.  

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MA was open and honest as I ever seen him - an excellent interview all round.

Its even more obvious why SL employed him as CEO.

It's not just the players that need to have the right DNA.

Heard a discussion on the radio about Man U's plight and eventually the "blame"seemed to be directed at Woodward. The comment was made that while Woodward was commercially very successful for Man U - producing huge revenues - he is not a football man and this was borne out in the transfer business this summer.  

I think we are lucky in that MA is not only  proving commercially successful  for the club, but that he seems to understand the club and the football side of the business and  his relationship with the other key people in the club appears to be very strong. It could well be that MA is as integral to the club's success as is LJ.

Wonder what the exact purpose of our relationship with Man Utd is?

What I find amazing is the intricacies behind the scenes. Things I never considered was a loan physio and players returning occasionally to train with first team. Makes sense why we send the majority of our players to south western clubs.

Very lucky to have MA and LJ! Great work by the Lansdowns showing faith in these guys.

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What I find amazing is the intricacies behind the scenes. Things I never considered was a loan physio and players returning occasionally to train with first team. Makes sense why we send the majority of our players to south western clubs.

Very lucky to have MA and LJ! Great work by the Lansdowns showing faith in these guys.

I was under the impression that City had a decent relationship with Man City rather than United largely on the fact that LJ worked closely with City when he was at Oldham. Today was the first I’ve heard of a relationship with Man United 

What the MA interview did as well was to show just how well run and professional the club has become. The days of well meaning amateurs running the club are long gone - thankfully. These days it’s run along highly professional lines and the benefits of this approach are beginning to show.

Imv its all down to one man - SL. His vision and business acumen to employ the right people in the right positions has been a stroke of genius.

Bristol City are sooo fortunate to have him as our owner.

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We did almost take their young keeper on loan last season didn't we? 

I'm also surprised they wasn't in for Kelly, maybe they were but Bournemouth just came in super early, but Kelly seems to fit into what they are trying to do at United.

I don't want to sound like LJ or MA but this club has been in the dark ages for far too long, we employed people based on their association with Bristol City, rather than their ability to do the job, I'm thinking specifically of the old boys club here, Walsh etc.

If we can improve each department, day by day, keep making them incremental improvements then not only will we catch up with clubs that are not in the dark ages, we will over take them, as we have done with many ex Prem clubs already. 

As a fan as long as I can see our club making progress, however big or small then I am happy to enjoy the ride and see where we end up.

It's a positive interview.

The more insightful and informative the info shared by the Club, to the fan base, the better understanding they have of where we are heading...and how we are trying to achieve progress.

That leads to a more supportive fanbase and less over reactions.

Knowledge is power.

They don't need to give up 'secrets' but interviews like this benefit everyone.

11 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Interesting use of the word 'quantum'.

I like the bloke.  The buzzwords don't bother me as he does his job well.  

'Quantum' seems to be the new one but it wasn't too annoying.

He's clearly very good at his job so all power to the bloke and long may he reign. 

I do wonder if his role with the EFL might lead to his eventual departure but he's here so let's hope he carries on is good work.

As a previous arch-critic, got to say I’m beginning to warm to the chap.

Just seems though we have this continual blind spot over the need for three top-drawer strikers to mount and sustain a promotion push in this division. If we had three in now,  we’d be odds-on for a promotion spot. This ‘make do and mend’ approach to our front line just ain’t good enough if we’re serious over a challenge. 

Yet another January window striker hunt, despite MAs fine words, given our woeful track record and inflated prices does not bode well for our chances.

33 minutes ago, Ian M said:

It’s a special feature Invision have that corrects Robbored’s version of players’ names to their actual name.

Now I understand. It's like auto correct in text which drives me mad when it corrects something I have actually spelt correctly. 

Anyway, I finally got round it by spacing the letters of what I am sure is the correct pronunciation of this player's name. 

Surprised that MA got that wrong in what was otherwise an excellent (and very informative) interview on BCTV. 

A very good interview. I must say I feel slightly more secure and reassured that the club does have ambitions and want to be promoted. Of course I thought that was always the aim as it should be, but after selling some prize assets I did wonder why the players that left didn’t feel they could wait a little longer and be promoted with us. I guess though they were only thinking about their personal gains, which of course is also understandable. Mark Ashton certainly seems dedicated and knows his job, and has a great relationship with Lee, Steve, Jon etc which can only be a good thing.

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Decent interview. I thought he sounded quite normal and not dodging anything

Well - I enjoyed it too- but he was never going to be asked anything too controversial really, was he! 

But yes, good content from the club and he has, at least in this interview, toned down the management speak 

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Well - I enjoyed it too- but he was never going to be asked anything too controversial really, was he! 

But yes, good content from the club and he has, at least in this interview, toned down the management speak 

It was an opportunity to let us fans know how things worked out over the summer and that’s a refreshing change - as is the absence of his former corporate speak for which he’s been criticised for.......he obviously reads otib.............:cool2:

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was an opportunity to let us fans know how things worked out over the summer and that’s a refreshing change - as is the absence of his former corporate speak for which he’s been criticised for.......he obviously reads otib.............:cool2:

He mentioned the comprehensive data dashboard, that is used to plot all available info, there’s no no doubt in my mind that OTIB is a central part of that dashboard! 

I very much enjoyed the interview.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

True enough. About the easy ride. 

9 hours ago, RedRock said:

As a previous arch-critic, got to say I’m beginning to warm to the chap.

Just seems though we have this continual blind spot over the need for three top-drawer strikers to mount and sustain a promotion push in this division. If we had three in now,  we’d be odds-on for a promotion spot. This ‘make do and mend’ approach to our front line just ain’t good enough if we’re serious over a challenge. 

Yet another January window striker hunt, despite MAs fine words, given our woeful track record and inflated prices does not bode well for our chances.

How are you defining top drawer striker? I struggle to think of a Championship side that has 3 of them.

Depending on your definition, signing 3 might take £50-60m, assuming we could persuade players of that kind to sign and could afford their wages.

For instance the total fees paid for Maupay, McBurnie and Adams in the summer was £55m.

Getting one of that calibre is tough, getting 3 unlikely to say the least.

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

How are you defining top drawer striker? I struggle to think of a Championship side that has 3 of them.

Depending on your definition, signing 3 might take £50-60m, assuming we could persuade players of that kind to sign and could afford their wages.

For instance the total fees paid for Maupay, McBurnie and Adams in the summer was £55m.

Getting one of that calibre is tough, getting 3 unlikely to say the least.

Semenyo, Janneh, and Semenyo.

Archived