IGNORED

Which team in current 4 top divisions have we not played for the longest

MC RISK77

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Name the only EFL club Bristol City and Mangotsfield United have played in a competitive fixture (excludes the Glos Cup)?

Name the only EFL club Mangotsfield United have played in a competitive fixture that Bristol City haven't played in a competitive fixture?

Second one is Morecambe

40 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Must have been a pre-season friendly!

I've looked at a list of preseason friendlies between Bristol City and Tottenham Hotspur and I cannot see any listed in the 1990s between us. I've reproduced the list here:

List of Friendly Fixtures between Bristol City and Tottenham Hotspur by decade (List copyright of findafriendlyfixturebetweenyourclubandanotherclub.co.uk

1890s

None

1900s 

None

1910s 

None (although a friendly fixture was arranged for August 1914 but then war was declared).

1920s 

None

1930s 

None (although a friendly fixture was arranged for Sept 1939 but then war was declared).

1940s 

None

1950s 

None

1960s

None

1970s 

None

1980s 

None

1990s 

None (although some people recall a match that ended 3-1 in Spurs favour).

2000s 

None

2010s 

None

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

Forest Green Rovers

Correct. Well done.

Now it is just the EFL side that City and Mangotsfield United have played in a competitive fixture. When Mangotsfield played this team it was in an FA Cup Qualifying Round match, the current EFL club were at home and Mangotsfield beat them 6-3.

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Correct. Well done.

Now it is just the EFL side that City and Mangotsfield United have played in a competitive fixture. When Mangotsfield played this team it was in an FA Cup Qualifying Round match, the current EFL club were at home and Mangotsfield beat them 6-3.

Newport County?

18 minutes ago, swampy said:

I know that they're not currently in the FL but it's remarkable that we have only played Barrow once even though Barrow were a FL side for 50+ years.  And we have never played them in a league match ... just once in a cup match in 1933 which City won 2-1 .... 

Barrow would've been in Division 3 North when City, when in the 3rd tier, were in the South, That was until 1958 when the North and South were replaced by Divisions 3 and 4. So, although they were a FL side for 50+ years only for a dozen of them were they ever in a division that was a national one.

22 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We lost, didn’t we?

Probably.

Looked it up. We've lost our last 4 against them.

17 Apr 2004 Luton Town v Bristol City W 3-2 League Division 2
18 Dec 2004 Bristol City v Luton Town W 1-2 League One
05 Mar 2005 Luton Town v Bristol City W 5-0 League One
11 Aug 2015 Luton Town v Bristol City W 3-1 League Cup

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Probably.

Looked it up. We've lost our last 4 against them.

17 Apr 2004 Luton Town v Bristol City W 3-2 League Division 2
18 Dec 2004 Bristol City v Luton Town W 1-2 League One
05 Mar 2005 Luton Town v Bristol City W 5-0 League One
11 Aug 2015 Luton Town v Bristol City W 3-1 League Cup

Yeah, 3-1 in the League Cup. I had Gashead mates winding me up the following day.

Archived