IGNORED

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

WhistleHappy

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was he not wearing a seat belt M .(If he wasn’t it would all but negate a claim)

I absolutely can’t know that he wasn’t, but reports are saying he suffered an anterior crucial ligament injury and a suspected fractured wrist. I know the crash was probably at speed but if strapped in the back of a car would those injuries be likely? 

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Glad there is a precedent for it. Doesn't sound like DC will be pursuing that route though.

Sunderland wanted rid of Gibson and his wages

I wonder whether Keogh As Club Captain may  be in trouble , but at the end of the day they are each worth 7 figures so unlikely

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I absolutely can’t know that he wasn’t, but reports are saying he suffered an anterior crucial ligament injury and a suspected fractured wrist. I know the crash was probably at speed but if strapped in the back of a car would those injuries be likely? 

Ah , ok , sorry - Thought you’d heard it

I would say looking at one of the  vehicles  in the photo that he probably was , or his injuries could have been a whole lot worse 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sunderland wanted rid of Gibson and his wages

I wonder whether Keogh As Club Captain may  be in trouble , but at the end of the day they are each worth 7 figures so unlikely

Yep agree.

Given the nature of the event they were representing the club at, it's disgraceful. They should count themselves bloody lucky the club have stood by them if you ask me.

Ironic that the crash happened after they had attended a team building event, the consequence of which is that they will be without their captain for the rest of the season and the relationship of the other two and the club will be "strained".

5 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Didn’t know this, although not a surprise at the time! Always rated Keogh and disappointed we let him go.

Yep I always rated him and said he’d be captain material but yeah him and nobes living together wasn’t a good thing.. 

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Ironic that the crash happened after they had attended a team building event, the consequence of which is that they will be without their captain for the rest of the season and the relationship of the other two and the club will be "strained".

And then some of them stay on drinking into the night, you would think they would have been told to leave and get home. Plus the fact Derby have said they refused to be driven home by cars laid on by the club. Shocking behaviour from all 3 players.

5 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Ridiculous and pathetic behaviour from professional sportsman. 

I would terminate their contracts - I would hope that City would do the same if they were our players.

I agree the book should be thrown at them, but it won't though will it as they are valuable assets (same as ITV still employ Ant McPartlin on prime time television).   No excuse whatsoever for getting behind the wheel when intoxicated they are very fortunate it didn't end up more serious than it did.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Looking at the state of the car I would say you could easily sustain injuries like that with a seatbelt on.

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Looking at the state of the car I would say you could easily sustain injuries like that with a seatbelt on.

I was hit head on by a drunk driver, had a skull fracture, fractured wrist and whiplash. So these injuries definitely possible. All healed fine and no lasting effects - supprisingly the only sign left that it ever happened is on one of my wrist where I still have slightly visible burn makes ftom w b en the airbag deployed. 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He could probably say I was so Pissed I just got in without knowing to cover his back,not great but still,who is the legal eagle on otib 

Then putting yourself in a position where you have no control over your own decision making could well be deemed as being even worse! 

Archived