IGNORED

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

WhistleHappy

18 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Causing injury through dangerous driving carries a custodial sentence, it might be suspended ,but expect the Police and CPS to throw the book at them. Certainly lengthy driving bans, probably 3 years , community service ,  prison sentence . Their night will get worse for a lot longer yet. Keogh is unlikely to have any issue , apart from ending his career, unless he caused the crash . What a mess .Derby fans must be livid. 

Would love to see them go straight to prison with no suspended sentence, but you could put your house on it that they won't get that - I would happily be wrong though. Even if they did they will probably be out on appeal before getting to a cell just like that muppet Saunders.

Is there still a drinking problem within English football? I would have thought that with the advances in fitness and dietary regimes that any player who wanted to be a success, would be off the alcohol for the greater majority of his life.

I was once in central Milan at lunch in a restaurant with most of it's tables on the pavement outside. There were four AC Milan players having lunch between morning and afternoon training but only drinking mineral water. 

The Italian colleague told me that he understood most players there hardly had any alcohol during the season.

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Is there still a drinking problem within English football? I would have thought that with the advances in fitness and dietary regimes that any player who wanted to be a success, would be off the alcohol for the greater majority of his life.

I was once in central Milan at lunch in a restaurant with most of it's tables on the pavement outside. There were four AC Milan players having lunch between morning and afternoon training but only drinking mineral water. 

The Italian colleague told me that he understood most players there hardly had any alcohol during the season.

It’s not just English football let’s not forget but your point is a good one,when you can be a rank average 2nd tier level defender like keo and pick up a wage of over 20k then why would you change a habit of a lifetime 

41 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Bit harsh but seeing as 45 percent of the world are uneducated then that’s not bad 

Dianne Abbott confirms that figure is correct.

She also says that it makes her realise how lucky she is to be part of the other 70% that has been educated.

In terms of affecting Derby on the pitch this is essentially two of their first XI, plus a fringe player, out for a long time. Sounds like Keogh is out for nearly, if not all, of the season. Lawrence and Bennett almost certainly won't be playing on Saturday and you'd think would be set for a decent stretch on the sidelines. Lawrence has 612 mins across 7 apps this season, Keogh 720 across 8.

Agent Paterson to fill the void left by Lawrence?

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I bet Keogh moaned to the police that they were making the wrong decision...

Apparently the police thought when they fished Keogh out the car he was on drugs, until someone pointed out that the glazed expression and incoherent speech was his usual way of presenting himself*.

*lifted (more or less) from the Derby forum.

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In terms of affecting Derby on the pitch this is essentially two of their first XI, plus a fringe player, out for a long time. Sounds like Keogh is out for nearly, if not all, of the season. Lawrence and Bennett almost certainly won't be playing on Saturday and you'd think would be set for a decent stretch on the sidelines. Lawrence has 612 mins across 7 apps this season, Keogh 720 across 8.

Agent Paterson to fill the void left by Lawrence?

Rather he filled the void left by Keogh!  :)

There is a thought here that Derby could be surprise relegation candidates.

- Lost their three best players from last year (the loans) and not replaced

- Lost their manager

- New manager no experience in English Football

- Poor start

- Unable to fudge FFP again

- The “Rooney” effect. Unknown if he’ll galvanise or detract from the team when arriving, but it’s an ongoing distraction

- Now this. Indicative of a squad with poor discipline

It has a lot of the hallmarks of a side who may struggle...

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Lost their manager

- Poor start

- The “Rooney” effect. Unknown if he’ll galvanise or detract from the team when arriving, but it’s an ongoing distraction

The Rooney effect?

He will provide the moral compass they are so obviously lacking at the moment.  :whistle:

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Lost their manager

- Poor start

I can see the Rooney effect being more of a problem than a solution, especially if he walks in to a relegation battle.

God knows how much they will be paying him, but if they are struggling and they expectancy is that he scores the goals to keep them up or get them promoted, he could well be the 'David James of Pride Park'. Much loarded and quickly forgotten.

And if you have a first team worrying about relegation clauses, mortgage payments and just trying to survive, a multi millionaire who (might) think that 'It's only the Championship', 'can't be that difficult', could be a significant factor post Christmas.

Be interesting anyway.

Wonder if he was told he would be playing under a roof?

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And if you have a first team worrying about relegation clauses, mortgage payments and just trying to survive, a multi millionaire who (might) think that 'It's only the Championship', 'can't be that difficult', could be a significant factor post Christmas.

To be fair to the guy I don't think that is the attitude he will take. There's no evidence that he's had that attitude in the MLS.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

100% Rooney will pull out of his Derby move.

Do you reckon 32Red are offering odds on that?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair to the guy I don't think that is the attitude he will take. There's no evidence that he's had that attitude in the MLS.

Do you reckon 32Red are offering odds on that?

I hope he doesn't, he is bound to inspire a few playstation generation kids to 'switch off their television sets, and (go) and do something less boring instead'*.

Hopefully he puts a few on the gates at the Derby away games and a few more kids realise they might have a club on their doorstep that are worth following, rather than watching Sky.

*a quote for those of a certain age.

6 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I know similar happened with Coles & Peacock, badly led astray!

The Danny Wilson era just wouldn’t happen these days - not least because of social media etc. The stuff that group of players got up to and got away with was unreal. 

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

The Danny Wilson era just wouldn’t happen these days - not least because of social media etc. The stuff that group of players got up to and got away with was unreal. 

It was to their cost as well, that team should have got promotion (it had more talent than the one that did go up under GJ), and none of them realised their full potential as players.

Archived