IGNORED

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

WhistleHappy

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It was to their cost as well, that team should have got promotion (it had more talent than the one that did go up under GJ), and none of them realised their full potential as players.

B89F13A8-0631-4BD5-8FCC-B5643F0D1499.thumb.jpeg.72dc91ec1d7f94fd84d584745e946493.jpeg

Am I right in thinking only Bradley Orr went on to play in Prem after this game?

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well that will come out in due course following tests. 

If they are found to have taken illegals, that is probably a contract ender. 

Digressing into the world of FFP....Mel Morris won’t want his players to be sacked.  He follows an asset revaluation model, rather than straight line over contract.

Lawrence, bought for £5m, probably valued at least at that value, would be seen as a £5m loss in their FFP accounts!!!

Just watching the news report on this on sky sports.....talk about sweeping it under the carpet.

as much as he is equally in the wrong, they have thrown keogh under the bus and not even mentioned that Lawrence and bennett had smashed their cars up and were arrested for drink driving

12 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Well it isn’t getting any better for them is it? And apparently they plan on making Huddlestone captain in Keogh’s absent! I suggest that plan might change if Huddlestone was still out with them & it was him posting those images! Hardly a responsible figure?!?

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Just watching the news report on this on sky sports.....talk about sweeping it under the carpet.

as much as he is equally in the wrong, they have thrown keogh under the bus and not even mentioned that Lawrence and bennett had smashed their cars up and were arrested for drink driving

Not sure how much they can comment on because of the legal proceedings that will obviously take place.

Gotta be honest, if it happened here, I’d want the players sacked. Talk of them having to do lots of community trust work, who would seriously welcome them into the community after that?

And Derby fans saying not to sack them but sell them in January! Who is that desperate to actually buy them? I’d be surprised if there was a queue of people waiting to pay to take them!

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Not sure how much they can comment on because of the legal proceedings that will obviously take place.

Gotta be honest, if it happened here, I’d want the players sacked. Talk of them having to do lots of community trust work, who would seriously welcome them into the community after that?

And Derby fans saying not to sack them but sell them in January! Who is that desperate to actually buy them? I’d be surprised if there was a queue of people waiting to pay to take them!

Which goes back to my FFP point above!  Especially if the EFL stadium valuation gets revalued.

Relegation???

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Which goes back to my FFP point above!  Especially if the EFL stadium valuation gets revalued.

Relegation???

Depends if the EFL take the correct action, which let’s be honest, isn’t likely in the majority of fans eyes.

They’ll probably get a point deduction that will mean they still survive in the Championship & a soft transfer embargo! The EFL are gutless!!

25 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

One or two Sunday Morning pub teams - they'd fit in pretty well there.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Relegation???

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Depends if the EFL take the correct action, which let’s be honest, isn’t likely in the majority of fans eyes.

They’ll probably get a point deduction that will mean they still survive in the Championship & a soft transfer embargo! The EFL are gutless!!

EFL correct action?

You mean a 6 match ban for Famara and a 3 match ban for Bailey Wright?

37 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I was thinking the same when watching 

40 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Well it isn’t getting any better for them is it? And apparently they plan on making Huddlestone captain in Keogh’s absent! I suggest that plan might change if Huddlestone was still out with them & it was him posting those images! Hardly a responsible figure?!?

All is not lost, they have a perfect role model joining them in January ?

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

If they charge them with causing injury ( Keogh) with dangerous driving , one of them will . The drink driving will be used to say the driver was careless as it was not a conscious act to downgrade from dangerous. Of course we don’t know how they crashed . If there is any evidence or witnesses it could get a lot worse . Likely 3 year driving bans , prison likely if CPS go for dangerous driving . With the publicity it would be strange if CPS did not file for dangerous . Then a suspended term is likely . Keogh not likely to have police issue unless he was doing something to the driver . I can see Derby going hard at all 3 though . Financial accounting issues aside would not be a shock to see them fire all 3 . They could have killed innocent people . It is a very serious situation. 

Appears to me at this stage to be gross misconduct, employment wise, for all three. If so, then any employer would be on firm ground to dismiss all of them, whether they are on a term contract or just weekly / monthly like most workers.

Archived