IGNORED

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

WhistleHappy

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I think once they refused a lift home, especially if they knew they had brought their own cars, then the sensible thing would have been for Derby to of made sure an official made sure they didn't drive their cars. 

Do you think club officials carry on with them after the club function has finished?  its their own time they are drinking in, not the club's, its like going on the works Christmas meal, once you are out of the restaurant you are are not on works time or works responsibility.

you could argue the club should have taken all the players from the ground or wherever they meet to wherever they went in club transport... but horse has bolted after that decision wasn't mad,e so responsibility lays with the player to take a taxi to wherever they are going.  either way, responsibility still not with the club

48 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

They refused, so someone at the club let them drive home pissed?

The player should have his ******* contract torn up in that case, what a ***** and what a bunch of pricks his teams mates are for letting him drive, no sympathy for anyone concern here.

**** drink drivers, if you drink and drive you should get jailed for 12 months min.

Had to disagree with most of that, although the manager and the club see fit to play one and have the other on the bench.

I know the case hasn't gone to court but doesn't send out a good message IMO.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

2 adults went out got drunk and decided to drive their cars, you said it's the clubs fault. You're a clown.

It's the clubs responsibility, the players are assets so it is their job to make sure they get home from a company piss up, THEIR JOB TO GET THEM HOME!

You're a ******* idiot pal. 

There are no winners here & I'm not defending the players, I would have sacked all of them as matter of fact, BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE LET THEM ******* DRIVE HOME DRUNK UP IF I WAS THE *** WHO GOT THEM PISSED UP FFS! WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS?!?!?!?

13 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

It's the clubs responsibility, the players are assets so it is their job to make sure they get home from a company piss up, THEIR JOB TO GET THEM HOME!

You're a ******* idiot pal. 

There are no winners here & I'm not defending the players, I would have sacked all of them as matter of fact, BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE LET THEM ******* DRIVE HOME DRUNK UP IF I WAS THE *** WHO GOT THEM PISSED UP FFS! WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS?!?!?!?

Love the capital letters snowflake.  Turn the caps lock off and dry your eyes . If you honestly dont believe that as an adult you are not not responsible for your own actions then I cant help you sweetie. 

2 hours ago, CiderHider said:

They refused, so someone at the club let them drive home pissed?

The player should have his ******* contract torn up in that case, what a ***** and what a bunch of pricks his teams mates are for letting him drive, no sympathy for anyone concern here.

**** drink drivers, if you drink and drive you should get jailed for 12 months min.

I think you’re missing the bit that the three players involved went on to other venues drinking after the team meal was over. They didn’t walk out of the restaurant and get straight into their cars with the knowledge of the club. They could easily have taken taxis home when they finished their night out much later than all the other staff and players - but they chose to drive/be a passenger - nothing to do with Derby County at all ...

Been up all night.... Fixing cars?  ?

DCFC Fans

DCFC Fans is currently unavailable

just quick maintenance to fix a few issues.. 

We'll be back online at 8.20am.

Sign In
  •  
  •  

DCFC Fans is an unofficial fans forum. Derby County Football Club contributes towards covering the costs of operating this forum through the promotion of products or services provided by the Club or their preferred partners. Powered by Invision Community

Lawrence called up to Wales squad

Well I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson from all this. Don't drink and drive if you're an international professional footballer or you'll miss one fixture (so you can get over the hangover).

12 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Well I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson from all this. Don't drink and drive if you're an international professional footballer or you'll miss one fixture (so you can get over the hangover).

Yeah exactly this, do what you want when you want, there is nothing to answer for. Mind you it wasnt so long ago we had players in jail for scrapping around corn street.

16 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah exactly this, do what you want when you want, there is nothing to answer for. Mind you it wasnt so long ago we had players in jail for scrapping around corn street.

Funnily enough, that week galvanised the club IMO. Club, fans, together all as one- a tough old week, that ended on a high note (2 wins).

We'd started the season badly, but in that week we came back from a goal down to win 3-1 at Northampton and not only did we go a goal down but Carey or his teammate (name escapes me now) got sent off for fighting.

Then on the Saturday after the prison thing v Brighton, it felt a bit of a siege mentality- may have been coincidence or not, we really hit form from quite a low point.

Such events can actually galvanise a club, potentially- whether it's right or wrong is a different matter.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We'd started the season badly, but in that week we came back from a goal down to win 3-1 at Northampton and not only did we go a goal down but Carey or his teammate (name escapes me now) got sent off for fighting.

Carey & Bradley Orr 

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Funnily enough, that week galvanised the club IMO.

Then on the Saturday after the prison thing v Brighton, it felt a bit of a siege mentality- may have been coincidence or not, we really hit form from quite a low point.

Such events can actually galvanise a club, potentially- whether it's right or wrong is a different matter.

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Carey & Bradley Orr 

Slightly off topic but Gary Johnson said, in his conversation with @Shtanley, that they only thought because they were so close. If they weren't such good friends neither would have been comfortable to get physical with each other.

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

A lot of Derby fans very unhappy with team selection last night. Quite a few saying they won’t be attending future games even though season ticket holders.

btw three other players were in the cars including Chris Martin who has been playing and scoring since.

Who were the three other players? Hard to keep up!

4 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Just no morals left in football any more. This just proves that you can do what you like off the pitch and still be rewarded with an international call up. Where is the punishment? Where is the leadership? Where's the incentive to improve off field attitude & behaviour?

I doubt Giggs gives a sh1te about a bit of drink driving, considering what he put his own family through. If anyone is expecting him to have any morals you are sadly mistaken. I hope it divides their squad and they really struggle on the pitch, along with their owners FFP pisstake it is going swimmingly well imo.

On 02/10/2019 at 22:19, Vincent Vega said:

Love the capital letters snowflake.  Turn the caps lock off and dry your eyes . If you honestly dont believe that as an adult you are not not responsible for your own actions then I cant help you sweetie. 

On 02/10/2019 at 22:23, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think you’re missing the bit that the three players involved went on to other venues drinking after the team meal was over. They didn’t walk out of the restaurant and get straight into their cars with the knowledge of the club. They could easily have taken taxis home when they finished their night out much later than all the other staff and players - but they chose to drive/be a passenger - nothing to do with Derby County at all ...

I would like to make an apology for my posts as I was not in the right frame of mind.

Everyone person (inc footballers) have their own agency, they should take responsibility for their actions.

It's just.. where was the responsible person that night. 

2 hours ago, CiderHider said:

I would like to make an apology for my posts as I was not in the right frame of mind.

Everyone person (inc footballers) have their own agency, they should take responsibility for their actions.

It's just.. where was the responsible person that night. 

No problem at all. 

On 03/10/2019 at 12:59, BanburyRed said:

Just no morals left in football any more. This just proves that you can do what you like off the pitch and still be rewarded with an international call up. Where is the punishment? Where is the leadership? Where's the incentive to improve off field attitude & behaviour?

Totally agree.

Obviously the buck totally stops with the players.

Regardless of the driving incident which could have ended far worse heaven forbid, they are professional athletes and team bonding or not they should not be getting smashed a couple of days before a game.

If I were a Derby fan I would be utterly livid.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Totally agree.

Obviously the buck totally stops with the players.

Regardless of the driving incident which could have ended far worse heaven forbid, they are professional athletes and team bonding or not they should not be getting smashed a couple of days before a game.

If I were a Derby fan I would be utterly livid.

Some are I believe.

I can’t believe how it appears to have been brushed under the carpet.

Archived