Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WhistleHappy

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

5 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Ridiculous and pathetic behaviour from professional sportsman. 

I would terminate their contracts - I would hope that City would do the same if they were our players.

I agree the book should be thrown at them, but it won't though will it as they are valuable assets (same as ITV still employ Ant McPartlin on prime time television).   No excuse whatsoever for getting behind the wheel when intoxicated they are very fortunate it didn't end up more serious than it did.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I absolutely can’t know that he wasn’t, but reports are saying he suffered an anterior crucial ligament injury and a suspected fractured wrist. I know the crash was probably at speed but if strapped in the back of a car would those injuries be likely? 

Looking at the state of the car I would say you could easily sustain injuries like that with a seatbelt on.

Edited by DaveF
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Looking at the state of the car I would say you could easily sustain injuries like that with a seatbelt on.

1 crash was bad enough. what were the chances they would hit each other.

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

I was hit head on by a drunk driver, had a skull fracture, fractured wrist and whiplash. So these injuries definitely possible. All healed fine and no lasting effects - supprisingly the only sign left that it ever happened is on one of my wrist where I still have slightly visible burn makes ftom w b en the airbag deployed. 

Had a look at the Derby forum, doesn't make for great reading. A lot of them are beyond angry.

A few witty posts in amongst the sea of condemnation over there, with one speculating that 'at least he managed to hit the post this time, rather than putting it wide'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He could probably say I was so Pissed I just got in without knowing to cover his back,not great but still,who is the legal eagle on otib 

Then putting yourself in a position where you have no control over your own decision making could well be deemed as being even worse! 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Don’t think this would have happened under Lampard. Idiots all of them, doubt if Keogh was wearing a seatbelt if he had injuries like that? 

Who knows tbh,Lampard only done 90 in a 50 when he got done but he was sober doing it so that makes it ok

Causing injury through dangerous driving carries a custodial sentence, it might be suspended ,but expect the Police and CPS to throw the book at them. Certainly lengthy driving bans, probably 3 years , community service ,  prison sentence . Their night will get worse for a lot longer yet. Keogh is unlikely to have any issue , apart from ending his career, unless he caused the crash . What a mess .Derby fans must be livid. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Causing injury through dangerous driving carries a custodial sentence, it might be suspended ,but expect the Police and CPS to throw the book at them. Certainly lengthy driving bans, probably 3 years , community service ,  prison sentence . Their night will get worse for a lot longer yet. Keogh is unlikely to have any issue , apart from ending his career, unless he caused the crash . What a mess .Derby fans must be livid. 

Would love to see them go straight to prison with no suspended sentence, but you could put your house on it that they won't get that - I would happily be wrong though. Even if they did they will probably be out on appeal before getting to a cell just like that muppet Saunders.

Is there still a drinking problem within English football? I would have thought that with the advances in fitness and dietary regimes that any player who wanted to be a success, would be off the alcohol for the greater majority of his life.

I was once in central Milan at lunch in a restaurant with most of it's tables on the pavement outside. There were four AC Milan players having lunch between morning and afternoon training but only drinking mineral water. 

The Italian colleague told me that he understood most players there hardly had any alcohol during the season.

• Like 2

Derby saying, according to the BBC site, that Keogh is feeling responsible, bearing in mind his age and the serious injury, is he being set up as the fool guy, excuse to cancel his contract, whilst the two younger guys ( who have a value) get a slapped wrist?

35 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

90 percent of all professional footballers are unedicated/half idiots. Most of them can't even kick a ball properly.

And the other 20 percent are total idiots.😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Is there still a drinking problem within English football? I would have thought that with the advances in fitness and dietary regimes that any player who wanted to be a success, would be off the alcohol for the greater majority of his life.

I was once in central Milan at lunch in a restaurant with most of it's tables on the pavement outside. There were four AC Milan players having lunch between morning and afternoon training but only drinking mineral water. 

The Italian colleague told me that he understood most players there hardly had any alcohol during the season.

It’s not just English football let’s not forget but your point is a good one,when you can be a rank average 2nd tier level defender like keo and pick up a wage of over 20k then why would you change a habit of a lifetime 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Bit harsh but seeing as 45 percent of the world are uneducated then that’s not bad 

Dianne Abbott confirms that figure is correct.

She also says that it makes her realise how lucky she is to be part of the other 70% that has been educated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rovers 1

In terms of affecting Derby on the pitch this is essentially two of their first XI, plus a fringe player, out for a long time. Sounds like Keogh is out for nearly, if not all, of the season. Lawrence and Bennett almost certainly won't be playing on Saturday and you'd think would be set for a decent stretch on the sidelines. Lawrence has 612 mins across 7 apps this season, Keogh 720 across 8.

Agent Paterson to fill the void left by Lawrence?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I bet Keogh moaned to the police that they were making the wrong decision...

Apparently the police thought when they fished Keogh out the car he was on drugs, until someone pointed out that the glazed expression and incoherent speech was his usual way of presenting himself*.

*lifted (more or less) from the Derby forum.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Dianne Abbott confirms that figure is correct.

She also says that it makes her realise how lucky she is to be part of the other 70% that has been educated.

Tbf she also said I only talk bullocks 110% of the time 

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In terms of affecting Derby on the pitch this is essentially two of their first XI, plus a fringe player, out for a long time. Sounds like Keogh is out for nearly, if not all, of the season. Lawrence and Bennett almost certainly won't be playing on Saturday and you'd think would be set for a decent stretch on the sidelines. Lawrence has 612 mins across 7 apps this season, Keogh 720 across 8.

Agent Paterson to fill the void left by Lawrence?

Rather he filled the void left by Keogh!  :)

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Tbf she also said I only talk bullocks 110% of the time 

How does she know you talk bullocks?

There is a thought here that Derby could be surprise relegation candidates.

- Lost their three best players from last year (the loans) and not replaced

- Lost their manager

- New manager no experience in English Football

- Poor start

- Unable to fudge FFP again

- The “Rooney” effect. Unknown if he’ll galvanise or detract from the team when arriving, but it’s an ongoing distraction

- Now this. Indicative of a squad with poor discipline

It has a lot of the hallmarks of a side who may struggle...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Lost their manager

- Poor start

- The “Rooney” effect. Unknown if he’ll galvanise or detract from the team when arriving, but it’s an ongoing distraction

The Rooney effect?

He will provide the moral compass they are so obviously lacking at the moment.  :whistle:

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Lost their manager

- Poor start

I can see the Rooney effect being more of a problem than a solution, especially if he walks in to a relegation battle.

God knows how much they will be paying him, but if they are struggling and they expectancy is that he scores the goals to keep them up or get them promoted, he could well be the 'David James of Pride Park'. Much loarded and quickly forgotten.

And if you have a first team worrying about relegation clauses, mortgage payments and just trying to survive, a multi millionaire who (might) think that 'It's only the Championship', 'can't be that difficult', could be a significant factor post Christmas.

Be interesting anyway.

Wonder if he was told he would be playing under a roof?

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And if you have a first team worrying about relegation clauses, mortgage payments and just trying to survive, a multi millionaire who (might) think that 'It's only the Championship', 'can't be that difficult', could be a significant factor post Christmas.

To be fair to the guy I don't think that is the attitude he will take. There's no evidence that he's had that attitude in the MLS.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

100% Rooney will pull out of his Derby move.

Do you reckon 32Red are offering odds on that?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair to the guy I don't think that is the attitude he will take. There's no evidence that he's had that attitude in the MLS.

Do you reckon 32Red are offering odds on that?

I hope he doesn't, he is bound to inspire a few playstation generation kids to 'switch off their television sets, and (go) and do something less boring instead'*.

Hopefully he puts a few on the gates at the Derby away games and a few more kids realise they might have a club on their doorstep that are worth following, rather than watching Sky.

*a quote for those of a certain age.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I know similar happened with Coles & Peacock, badly led astray!

The Danny Wilson era just wouldn’t happen these days - not least because of social media etc. The stuff that group of players got up to and got away with was unreal. 

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

The Danny Wilson era just wouldn’t happen these days - not least because of social media etc. The stuff that group of players got up to and got away with was unreal. 

It was to their cost as well, that team should have got promotion (it had more talent than the one that did go up under GJ), and none of them realised their full potential as players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It was to their cost as well, that team should have got promotion (it had more talent than the one that did go up under GJ), and none of them realised their full potential as players.

B89F13A8-0631-4BD5-8FCC-B5643F0D1499.thumb.jpeg.72dc91ec1d7f94fd84d584745e946493.jpeg

Am I right in thinking only Bradley Orr went on to play in Prem after this game?

7 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Coked up apparently 

Well that will come out in due course following tests. 

If they are found to have taken illegals, that is probably a contract ender. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well that will come out in due course following tests. 

If they are found to have taken illegals, that is probably a contract ender. 

Digressing into the world of FFP....Mel Morris won’t want his players to be sacked.  He follows an asset revaluation model, rather than straight line over contract.

Lawrence, bought for £5m, probably valued at least at that value, would be seen as a £5m loss in their FFP accounts!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

...he might pull out of Derby but he won't be so quick to pull out of Joan, (if he plays true to form). ;) 

Probably thought the 'Derby and Joan Club' was gonna be right up his street as well!

• Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Coked up apparently 

According to who ?

Some drunk bloke down your local 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob