IGNORED

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

WhistleHappy

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And its his Blackburn teammate Bradley Dack who is allegedly the voice on that audio leak 

Ah shit, is it? Never heard that ‘manual manipulator’ talk before so wondered who that was.

The longer this goes on, the more shit they are in, Keogh apparently got very upset because he couldn’t pay his £862 drinks bill.

A lot of damning versions of what happened are seemingly doing the rounds!

And I hope LJ & the club have taken the opportunity to remind our players of their responsibilities & just what’s at stake.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, phantom said:

AnotherAnother name in the frame now

Lee Buchanan 

Amazing that a pro footballer couldn't pay a bar tab of just over £800

I’d think it more amazing that a pro footballer and his team mates run up a £800 bar bill during the season.....  it’s a total disregard for the fans that pay their wages.

One of the worst things, in terms of attitude ,  I read was that one (unnamed) player offered a member of staff a lump of £££ to clean up the toilets after them , at the pub 

As @Tipps69 suggested , if you were a manager you’d have every player academy and pro in and have a talk using this incident as to how not to go about things and how to wreck your career and life in a few hours

Hopefully this will shake up a few players up and down the land , but sadly I’m not convinced

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

One of the worst things, in terms of attitude ,  I read was that one (unnamed) player offered a member of staff a lump of £££ to clean up the toilets after them , at the pub 

As @Tipps69 suggested , if you were a manager you’d have every player academy and pro in and have a talk using this incident as to how not to go about things and how to wreck your career and life in a few hours

Hopefully this will shake up a few players up and down the land , but sadly I’m not convinced

I think we must be seeing the same social media stuff that is doing the rounds? And some footballers wonder why some people see them as arrogant!!

Enough money to offer someone to clean up after you & your mates filth but not enough to pay for a cab (or pay a bar bill).

If what’s doing the rounds since this incident occurred is true, I really can’t see what options Derby have left to them. This is gross-misconduct in any employers books, let alone role models to thousands of kids!

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I think we must be seeing the same social media stuff that is doing the rounds? And some footballers wonder why some people see them as arrogant!!

Enough money to offer someone to clean up after you & your mates filth but not enough to pay for a cab (or pay a bar bill).

If what’s doing the rounds since this incident occurred is true, I really can’t see what options Derby have left to them. This is gross-misconduct in any employers books, let alone role models to thousands of kids!

It’s reminded me what a cracking squad we have or certainly appear to have  , in terms of personality and decency 

I genuinely can’t think of a player I’m aware of that would be in danger of getting involved in this type of crap

The ones we have heard from over the last couple of years have all seemed level headed , decent and intelligent 

(??Hope I’m not tempting fate )

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It’s reminded me what a cracking squad we have or certainly appear to have  , in terms of personality and decency 

I genuinely can’t think of a player I’m aware of that would be in danger of getting involved in this type of crap

The ones we have heard from over the last couple of years have all seemed level headed , decent and intelligent 

(??Hope I’m not tempting fate )

They definitely don't drink the vodka and the cider

Another video out now showing a few in the pub Bennett, Lawrence, Dowell , Bradley Johnson and Scott Malone who is slumped and completely out of it whilst Lawrence smacks him round the chops !

They were certainly having a ‘good night’ , the amount of drinking to those levels can’t ever be good midweek 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Another video out now showing a few in the pub Bennett, Lawrence, Dowell , Bradley Johnson and Scott Malone who is slumped and completely out of it whilst Lawrence smacks him round the chops !

They were certainly having a ‘good night’ , the amount of drinking to those levels can’t ever be good midweek 

And especially as supposed ‘professional athletes’! Starting to boil my piss now!!

Back 20 years ago or so the players could get away with it to an extent as they weren’t plastered all over social media for everyone to see but to do this nowadays, surely they aren’t that naive to think that nothing would get out about this evening?

Even without the drink driving crash, the behaviour in the pub & the complete mess that they have got themselves into (drunk wise) is a disgrace.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Not sure if already said before but just sent a post which also says they all got tested positively for cocaine...keoghs card got declined in the pub which must be ballshit and that he gave his name as Alfie to the police....

I'm guessing we're all seeing the same screenshots now? 

14 hours ago, billywedlock said:

If they charge them with causing injury ( Keogh) with dangerous driving , one of them will . The drink driving will be used to say the driver was careless as it was not a conscious act to downgrade from dangerous. Of course we don’t know how they crashed . If there is any evidence or witnesses it could get a lot worse . Likely 3 year driving bans , prison likely if CPS go for dangerous driving . With the publicity it would be strange if CPS did not file for dangerous . Then a suspended term is likely . Keogh not likely to have police issue unless he was doing something to the driver . I can see Derby going hard at all 3 though . Financial accounting issues aside would not be a shock to see them fire all 3 . They could have killed innocent people . It is a very serious situation. 

I fully expect, as footballers a suspended sentence will be overlooked due to their status as footballers and the example they must set. I fully expect the court to make and example out of them, just like they did with our players.

9 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Aren't there extra charges for leaving the scene of an accident? That really is the lowest of the low, leaving another human being to possibly die, and one of your mates at that. They must have been absolutely fooked.

Yes there is. The police tried to do me on it once, having left the scene of an accident, that happened behind me, that I didn't see and wasn't involved in. Needless to say the charges were dropped.

12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Appears to me at this stage to be gross misconduct, employment wise, for all three. If so, then any employer would be on firm ground to dismiss all of them, whether they are on a term contract or just weekly / monthly like most workers.

Instant dismissal upon conviction for sure. 

Derby will be able to sue the players for the loss Derby have suffered. Just like Chelsea did with Mutu. 

I just seen on SSN that Oldham have just released an ex Man Utd youngster (Dolan) with immediate affect after he was sentenced to 8 months in a young offenders institute for driving at 98mph while try to escape police! Nothing about him drink driving or crashing or causing injury to anyone!

49 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seems to indicate the Keogh Knee Photo is fake unless he was wearing his training kit under his jeans !

While the undershorts would be weird, the shorts themselves could be genuine if he had to be cut out of his jeans so they could get to his knee

Archived