IGNORED

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

WhistleHappy

2 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Guess his social media posts have made him Mr Popular with the rest of the squad???? Assuming the posts were on something like a Derby County players Whatsapp group, the next question would be which member of that exclusive group reposted the video / pictures on an open public site? Don't think that person is his greatest fan, nor do they seem the most united group 

Thought rumour was it was Bradley Johnson.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Johnson at Blackburn now, too.  Dack denying it, but you / Bob, may be correct.

Pretty crass, whichever one it was.

Mind you, the whole incident was a catastrophe; starting with the all-day drinking, then the decision to drive home when free transport was available and finally, if true, driving back to the scene to 'rescue' their lost and forgotten colleague.

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Pretty crass, whichever one it was.

Mind you, the whole incident was a catastrophe; starting with the all-day drinking, then the decision to drive home when free transport was available and finally, if true, driving back to the scene to 'rescue' their lost and forgotten colleague.

Team bonding for professional athletes shouldn’t be a booze (and whatever else) fuelled evening.

Keogh supposedly asked for it to be communicated as a training ground incident, but Mel Morris wouldn’t allow it....not that he had much choice.  

12 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Paint-balling, go karting....there must be hundreds of non booze related team building activities they could have done, especially with the sort of money they’re on!

They did, bowling but they then decided that they were unable to go for a meal after without being able to consume excessive amounts of alcohol.

And it’s probably that same ‘sort of money their on’ that makes them think they’re untouchable.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

They did, bowling but they then decided that they were unable to go for a meal after without being able to consume excessive amounts of alcohol.

And it’s probably that same ‘sort of money their on’ that makes them think they’re untouchable.

But the latest video to emerge Tipps shows that went well ! 

D2E2A077-062D-43B0-80F4-52CD84819A89.gif

2 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

People make bad choices when drunk, who was looking after them? 

The club is to blame here 100% 

The club provided them with people and cars to drive them home.  What more can they do?  they are grown men, time they acted like it and take responsibility for their own lives... 

Always someone else's responsibility, sorry that just doesn't wash in y eyes.

The only thing you can blame the club for is picking one of the ***** on the bench!

7 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

The club is to blame here 100%, you dont get all your players shitfaced and expect them to get home, they should have been put in a taxi, why was that so hard?

Good job you know what happened so accurately 

12 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

The club is to blame here 100%, you dont get all your players shitfaced and expect them to get home, they should have been put in a taxi, why was that so hard?

The club supplied cars, the 3 adults refused. Not sure what else they can do, unless the manager or assistant was there to force the issue. I don't see that offering a Taxi is any better than a club car really.  
Only 3 people to blame IMO.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good job you know what happened so accurately 

It wouldn't matter if he didn't know what happened. 

The facts we all know are that pissed up people got in their cars and tried to drive themselves home - they get exactly what they deserve. Whether or not the club put on cars or not (they have stated they did), if taxis were available or not, the idiots decided to drive home pissed. 

If I decide to drive to the City ground for football I don't drink because I know I have my car outside. If for some reason I met with old friends etc etc and decided to go out after I would pick up my car the day after. It isn't hard, even for so called perceived thick footballers.

26 minutes ago, TRL said:

The club provided them with people and cars to drive them home.  What more can they do?  they are grown men, time they acted like it and take responsibility for their own lives... 

Always someone else's responsibility, sorry that just doesn't wash in y eyes.

The only thing you can blame the club for is picking one of the ***** on the bench!

Putting on a taxi is a cop out, when do drunk footballers ever make the right decisions? The club should have had a few PA's to make sure they got into the Taxi.

these are multi million £ assets and you get them drunk and don't even ensure they get home safe. On any other day the player must look out for himself, but on a company jolly, the responsibility falls to the club.

I'm not making excuses for idiot players,  but they are dumb as mud and need protecting. They club should have anticipated they would get shitfaced and drive home if they drove there which they did, why did no one take their keys anyways, I mean what a total cock up, I hope they go down this season.

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The club supplied cars, the 3 adults refused. Not sure what else they can do, unless the manager or assistant was there to force the issue. I don't see that offering a Taxi is any better than a club car really.  
Only 3 people to blame IMO.

They refused, so someone at the club let them drive home pissed?

The player should have his ******* contract torn up in that case, what a ***** and what a bunch of pricks his teams mates are for letting him drive, no sympathy for anyone concern here.

**** drink drivers, if you drink and drive you should get jailed for 12 months min.

7 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Putting on a taxi is a cop out, when do drunk footballers ever make the right decisions? The club should have had a few PA's to make sure they got into the Taxi.

these are multi million £ assets and you get them drunk and don't even ensure they get home safe. On any other day the player must look out for himself, but on a company jolly, the responsibility falls to the club.

I'm not making excuses for idiot players,  but they are dumb as mud and need protecting. They club should have anticipated they would get shitfaced and drive home if they drove there which they did, why did no one take their keys anyways, I mean what a total cock up, I hope they go down this season.

Grow up.

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Grow up.

What for making an adult observation that could have avoided the incident?

Piss off.

If the Club gets them pissed they are responsible for getting them home. BUT If the players flatly refused to get in a cab and they all drove home drunk, they should be sacked all of them in the car, otherwise the club is basically saying it's OK to drink drive.

That's all i'm saying. So basically Derby is a ***ing disgrace of a football club

12 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

They refused, so someone at the club let them drive home pissed?

The player should have his ******* contract torn up in that case, what a ***** and what a bunch of pricks his teams mates are for letting him drive, no sympathy for anyone concern here.

**** drink drivers, if you drink and drive you should get jailed for 12 months min.

Should they put them in their house, into bed, lock their front doors, take away their car keys, and sit in their living room all night to make sure when drunk they decide not to carry on drinking and go for a spin?  where does the responsibility for their asset end?  they are grown men dumb or not, asset or not.  The blames lays squarely at the players involved... Time to take responsibility for themselves

eitherway, club captain is paid and chosen to do this type of thing on and off the field ... Oh dear!

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

Should they put them in their house, into bed, lock their front doors, take away their car keys, and sit in their living room all night to make sure when drunk they decide not to carry on drinking and go for a spin?  where does the responsibility for their asset end?  they are grown men dumb or not, asset or not.  The blames lays squarely at the players involved... Time to take responsibility for themselves

eitherway, club captain is paid and chosen to do this type of thing on and off the field ... Oh dear!

I think once they refused a lift home, especially if they knew they had brought their own cars, then the sensible thing would have been for Derby to of made sure an official made sure they didn't drive their cars. 

Archived